Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

It showed a sign of weakness on Paul's part. He pretty much admitted to the world that he's not on LeBron's level. I bet you he lost some respect in that locker room.

Well, he isn't on Lebron's level.  No one is on Lebron's level (although Durant may be getting close).  And Lebron is the one who got the last two rings.

I doubt anyone in that locker room or any locker room thinks any differently.   That's not a sign of weakness, its a sign of respect (and a sign that Paul understands how truly hard you have to work to earn a ring of your own).   

No one's on LeBron's level, but you can't tell him that. Do you think Barkley, Malone and Ewing would have given Jordan the pleasure? Those guys didn't want his help, they wanted to beat his ass. That's what Paul.should want to do.

I said it then and I'll say it again. As soon as Paul said he would go to LeBron for advice, I knew this team didn't have the mental makeup of a champion.

I don't think that was it at all. NBA stars are a fraternity. Like NFL QBs. They all workout with each other. They're all friends and use the same trainers in the offseason and talk to each other.

John Wall works with the same guy as Westbrook, Rose, Love, and Durant. Rose worked with Kobe. Durant and LeBron work with each other in the offseason. John Wall looks up to LeBron like a mentor. I think a lot of the young stars in the game see LeBron as a mentor and LeBron has taken on the role of Godfather and Ambassador to the league. More so than any other "Best Player" has before IMO.

The reason they're losing is because they lost their chemistry. They didn't have a traditional superstar construction. Chemistry is everything for them.

I think the NBA is a little different than other sports. The NBA is more star/individual driven than the NFL. There's nothing wrong with being friends, but saying you need your chief rivals help is going too far imo. I can't imagine anyone asked for Jordan's advice in the middle of the season.

If I'm LeBron James, I know this kid isn't ready to beat me. He's supposed to be ready to take the next step but instead asking me for advice.

Bulls got 35 from Dunleavey, scored 100 points, shot 50% from 3, and got Nene ejected. That's as good as their offense is going to get and that was an absolute must win to stay alive.

If Washington doesn't come out mad and looking to dominate on Sunday, then they don't have the grit they need to succeed in the postseason. They should have won that game. ****ty defense and worse free throw shooting against a team you know you've got outclassed and on the ropes. Bad loss.

The NBA has always had lots of great PFs. Deepest position historically. This era is really keeping up the tradition.

I think Griffin became the best PF in the league this year. Clippers have the best PG and PF. Rockets have the best SG and C--by default. There are actually other elite PGs and PFs in the league today.

I think it's going to be a back and forth rivalry for best PF between Griffin and Davis and Love and Aldridge for best PF status similar to the way it was with Dirk, Duncan, Amar'e and KG.

I would take Cousins over Howard myself. But you can't go wrong with either.

Well, he isn't on Lebron's level.  No one is on Lebron's level (although Durant may be getting close).  And Lebron is the one who got the last two rings.

I doubt anyone in that locker room or any locker room thinks any differently.   That's not a sign of weakness, its a sign of respect (and a sign that Paul understands how truly hard you have to work to earn a ring of your own).

May be...  Durant's ceiling is higher than LeBron's.

I think the NBA is a little different than other sports. The NBA is more star/individual driven than the NFL. There's nothing wrong with being friends, but saying you need your chief rivals help is going too far imo. I can't imagine anyone asked for Jordan's advice in the middle of the season.

If I'm LeBron James, I know this kid isn't ready to beat me. He's supposed to be ready to take the next step but instead asking me for advice.

I recall Reggie Miller went to Kobe or Jordan back in the day. Miller wanted to work on his handles, which ever one of them wanted to work on their shooting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/report-clippers-owner-sterling-tells-gf-bring-african-americans-games-article-1.1769803

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling tells his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, that he doesn't want her posting pictures of minorities or bringing African-Americans to his games, according to explosive audio obtained by TMZ Sports.

This includes NBA legend Magic Johnson, whom Stiviano was seen with in a photo on Instagram, which infuriated Sterling. Magic told TMZ Sports, "It's a shame that Donald Sterling feels that way about African-Americans."

During the alleged argument with Stiviano, who herself is black and Mexican, he asked, "Why are you taking pictures with minorities? Why?"

Stiviano: "People call you and tell you that I have black people on my Instagram, and it bothers you?"

Sterling: "Yeah, it bothers me a lot that you want to promo... broadcast that you're associating with black people."

Just another reminder that Donald Sterling is a racist piece of ****.

The Clippers brought in Doc Rivers because Chris Paul told them to hire a black coach if they wanted him to stay.

Sounds like the owner and star player are both racist losers and made for each other, nothing to see here.

The Clippers brought in Doc Rivers because Chris Paul told them to hire a black coach if they wanted him to stay.

Sounds like the owner and star player are both racist losers and made for each other, nothing to see here.

I wasn't going to bite in the other thread, but where did you hear this at?