Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

OKC looks like a championship team.

Steven Adams has the chance to be really good. Kind of a poor man's Andre Drummond. Just gives them a totally new physical dimension. He's an ogre.

If he gets good, then OKC will actually come out of the Harden trade perfectly fine.

Adams is good, but he doesnt offer enough low post scoring to scare Miami. Thats how you beat Miami.

Glad Playoff Harden is back. Love seeing him exposed.

I'm w/ you, SM.  I don't want the Wizards going after Melo.  He's much too ball-dominant, and this team thrives because of selfless and unselfish play. 

Now, a team like the Bulls (assuming they make the trade), could use Melo's scoring because they really struggle in that aspect of their game.  A core of Noah, Melo, and a healthy Rose is a very good trio.  I just wonder about the rest of the team because they would almost have to be gutted to make the deal work. 

I don't know if any of you saw it, but the Rockets do have interest in Melo as well.  Would be a disaster on a number of levels because a Melo/Harden pairing would blow up in their faces.  That's unless Adam Silver says that two basketballs can be used on the court at the same time. 

What in the world? Not sure if this has been posted but check this out.

Andre Iguodala on Mark Jackson: ‘We’re Trying to Save Our Coach’

Golden State Warriors head coach Mark Jackson led his team to a 51-win season, but his job status remains very much up in the air. After pulling off a 109-105 Game 1 upset against the LA Clippers, Andre Iguodala and his teammates talked about their efforts to keep their beloved coach employed.

Per the San Jose Mercury News :

The Warriors’ Andre Iguodala said after the win that he heard an ESPN report that Jackson “is going to be gone.”

“We’re trying to save our coach,” Iguodala said. “Every game is pressure for us.”

Stephen Curry supported the notion that the Warriors have taken it upon themselves as players to take care of business in the playoffs so that talk about Jackson’s job security would subside.

“It was more the message along those lines that we as players can control the vibe of what’s going on,” Curry said before practice at UCLA. “If we’re losing and not playing the way we’re supposed to, obviously people will start looking for answers and the head coach will get most of that blame. But if we go out and play 100 percent every night, take advantage of every opportunity out in front of us, there’s nothing they can say about it.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/04/andre-iguodala-mark-jackson-trying-save-coach/

Did he just sour with West that fast?

There's something fishy going on behind the scenes in Golden State. From what I've heard, Jackson isn't the easiest guy to get along with.  There's been some dissention with other members (or ex-members) of his coaching staff.  In all honesty, you could make a case for him having this team underachieve.  I think anything less than an appearance in the WCF, and he's gone. 

NYK, assuming they don't go after Steve Kerr, would make the most sense.  He's a NYC native. 

There's something fishy going on behind the scenes in Golden State. From what I've heard, Jackson isn't the easiest guy to get along with.  There's been some dissention with other members (or ex-members) of his coaching staff.  In all honesty, you could make a case for him having this team underachieve.  I think anything less than an appearance in the WCF, and he's gone. 

NYK, assuming they don't go after Steve Kerr, would make the most sense.  He's a NYC native. 

I think Kerr is smooth sailing to that address on Pennsylvania Plaza, but Jackson there would make the most sense. Maybe he can replace Pringles in LA. 

**** Igoudala, that punk. 

last season during the playoffs, while still a Denver Nugget, he thought that an accidental trip by Ty Lawson on Steph Curry was a "dirty" play, and felt that the entire organization was "dirty."  he wanted off the Denver team as soon as the series was over.  **** you, Iggy.  punk ****.

Because if there's one thing every basketball fan knows about Ty Lawson, its that he's as dirty as the '89 Pistons.   :rolleyes:

Mark Jackson is an excellent motivator and teacher, and a lousy bench coach.  

There are a lot of Warriors fans out there, including me, that think Jackson lost multiple games this year solely due to his "bench mob" substitutions.  He always puts in 5 scrubs at the same time in the second quarter, and they always blow the lead in a flash.  Then he does the same thing at the start of the 4th, and the same thing happens agina.

In addition, with Curry, Iggy, Lee and Bogut, the team is one of the most gifted top to bottom passing teams the NBA has ever seen. When the offense is allowed to run freely, it is very effective.  However, when things get tight (especially at the end of games) Jackson always panics and calls over and over for isos by Klay Thompson or Lee, and they never, ever work work.   It isn't 1996 anymore.  Defenses can control the isos better than ever, and those guys are not Kobe or Carmelo in isolation anyway.   

The owner, Joe Lacob, knows enough about basketball to know that Jackson's playcalling is holding the team back in individual games.  I'm not sure, however, that he understands how much Jackson's teaching and motivation has improved the team overall.  I'm not sure about that myself, to be honest.   They have become a contender, but there has been a lot of talent added too.  Curry and Thompson have improved under Jackson, especially on defense, but Harrison Barnes doesn't seem to be learning a thing, and the bench roleplayers rarely show much.

I wish there was some way that Jackson could be the head coach but some gnome with a clipboard could call plays and substitutions.    

last season during the playoffs, while still a Denver Nugget, he thought that an accidental trip by Ty Lawson on Steph Curry was a "dirty" play, and felt that the entire organization was "dirty."  he wanted off the Denver team as soon as the series was over.  **** you, Iggy.  punk ****.

Because if there's one thing every basketball fan knows about Ty Lawson, its that he's as dirty as the '89 Pistons.   :rolleyes:

Iggy is awesome.  Not his fault you root for a dirty team.   :)

last season during the playoffs, while still a Denver Nugget, he thought that an accidental trip by Ty Lawson on Steph Curry was a "dirty" play, and felt that the entire organization was "dirty." he wanted off the Denver team as soon as the series was over. **** you, Iggy. punk ****.

Because if there's one thing every basketball fan knows about Ty Lawson, its that he's as dirty as the '89 Pistons. :rolleyes:

Iggy fell in love with Currys play. It's contagious.

I think Barnes needs more minutes.

ugh...why won't you guys let me sob in peace.  :(  LOL. 

I loved Iggy in Denver, really, really sad to see him flee.  Well, I blame the NBA for creating what the league has become today, but whatever.

"oh, i'm an all-star, but I play for a "fly over" team in Colorado, Minnesota, Ohio, Louisiana, etc."  let me leave the team that took a thance on me and drafted me.... for a coastal team with big names and build a championship with other all-stars.  :(

Predicto, Randy Wittman used to do that bench mob crap. It took him 2.5 season and a bench so horrible that it made wizards fans weep to stop. Now he staggers subs in and his bench is better so things have improved.

Yeah, it's just bad coaching.  You need to keep 1, preferably 2, starters out there at all times, so that you don't lost offensive continuity.  Even Chicago doesn't do it anymore, and they were the only team I ever saw where it was effective.    

Edited by Predicto

I think Kerr is smooth sailing to that address on Pennsylvania Plaza, but Jackson there would make the most sense. Maybe he can replace Pringles in LA. 

Yea...I guess the job is Kerr's if he wants it.  But I'd be willing to bet that Jackson is Plan B. 

ugh...why won't you guys let me sob in peace.  :(  LOL. 

I loved Iggy in Denver, really, really sad to see him flee.  Well, I blame the NBA for creating what the league has become today, but whatever.

"oh, i'm an all-star, but I play for a "fly over" team in Colorado, Minnesota, Ohio, Louisiana, etc."  let me leave the team that took a thance on me and drafted me.... for a coastal team with big names and build a championship with other all-stars.  :(

Except Iggy didn't get drafted by Denver.   He stayed with Philly for his whole career, then got traded somewhere he didn't want to go.  I don't think it is unreasonable for a ten year vet to try to get to a specific place to play.

And LOL at the idea that Golden State is a glamour team like the Lakers, Miami, the Knicks or the Celtics.  Iggy is the first big free agent we have landed in 25 years.  We have stocked the rosters of the rest of the NBA much worse than Denver ever has.  Every team in the league used to have a couple former Warriors happy to be away from the endless seasons of suckitude in Oakland.  We're the team that had to pay Andrens Biedrens a hundred zillion dollars just to keep HIM from leaving.    :lol:

But I do know how you feel.  That was how I felt when Chris Webber got out, right after the Dubs won 55 games in his rookie season and were looking like a real dynasty in the making.    

• Like 1

Except Iggy didn't get drafted by Denver.   He stayed with Philly for his whole career, then got traded somewhere he didn't want to go.  I don't think it is unreasonable for a ten year vet to try to get to a specific place to play.

And LOL at the idea that Golden State is a glamour team like the Lakers, Miami, the Knicks or the Celtics.  Iggy is the first big free agent we have landed in 25 years.  We have stocked the rosters of the rest of the NBA much worse than Denver ever has.  Every team in the league used to have a couple former Warriors happy to be away from the endless seasons of suckitude in Oakland.  We're the team that had to pay Andrens Biedrens a hundred zillion dollars just to keep HIM from leaving.    :lol:

But I do know how you feel.  That was how I felt when Chris Webber got out, right after the Dubs won 55 games in his rookie season and were looking like a real dynasty in the making.    

Excellent post. 

GS has buzz but they have to win consistently to get on the LAL level. Same goes for the Clips as well.

After posting that, it looks even more impossible lol

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93