Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

I was watching some of the game last night and definitely noticed that the home town crowd was booing Poole.

I was there, never seen anything like it at a Wizards game.

Everytime time he did something stupid it was clear arena wasn't yelling POOOOLE!!! : /

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was there, never seen anything like it at a Wizards game.

Everytime time he did something stupid it was clear arena wasn't yelling POOOOLE!!! : /

Haha I thought maybe they were too, but it made zero sense because it was after he did something stupid lol.  It wasn't like how they yelled COOOOOOOOOLEY every time he had a big play.  I could definitely tell it was boos on TV.

• Thanks 1

Would Curry get benefit of the doubt or a pass for asking to be traded?

Warriors are 10th in the West right now, he's playing out of his mind still and I hope he doesn't spend the rest of his career dragging the only team he's ever played for everywhere or it doesn't get there.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Would Curry get benefit of the doubt or a pass for asking to be traded?

Warriors are 10th in the West right now, he's playing out of his mind still and I hope he doesn't spend the rest of his career dragging the only team he's ever played for everywhere or it doesn't get 

I really don't see Curry playing anywhere else. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I really don't see Curry playing anywhere else. 

Me either, which hurts, because it reminds me of Kobe wasting away with those weak ass Laker teams during that twilight of his career.

It makes me respect Jordan more for not jus staying with the Bulls after the band he won rings with was clearly getting sent separate ways.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Me either, which hurts, because it reminds me of Kobe wasting away with those weak ass Laker teams during that twilight of his career.

It makes me respect Jordan more for not jus staying with the Bulls after the band he won rings with was clearly getting sent separate ways.

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t see Curry going anywhere either. Wouldn’t blame him for leaving. 

I think this view is more indicative of how the NBA has become ruined by free agency and/or prima donna's forcing trades when their teams start losing. 

Maybe Steph likes playing in SF? Maybe he likes a franchise that has spent and spent and spent and spent and spent and spent to surround him for most of his career with great teammates.  Maybe he thinks Kuminga and, when he returns, CP3 can get them far into the playoffs or more?

Maybe he doesn't want to be a KD or LeBron and hop teams when things aren't looking good. I mean, that's make me value him more, not less like some people have posted. 

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think this view is more indicative of how the NBA has become ruined by free agency and/or prima donna's forcing trades when their teams start losing. 

Maybe Steph likes playing in SF? Maybe he likes a franchise that has spent and spent and spent and spent and spent and spent to surround him for most of his career with great teammates.  Maybe he thinks Kuminga and, when he returns, CP3 can get them far into the playoffs or more?

Maybe he doesn't want to be a KD or LeBron and hop teams when things aren't looking good. I mean, that's make me value him more, not less like some people have posted. 

This is why I presented it as a "looking the other way" type of situation.

If that's what Curry is thinking, bless his heart, but he'll be 36 next month.  I don't see it as fair comparing him to LeBron or KD, nor expecting this level of play from him until 40.

He's never played for any other team and given them 15 seasons already.  I'm not all in how Dame finally got out of Portland, but he waited as long as he could before he said he wanted out...hes 33.

I'm not sure where Curry goes and who has the assets to also pull that off and stay a contender with him with 2 years. Denver doesn't need him, even bringing up the Lakers is jus starting stuff and not a serious conversation, imo.  He might not get traded simply because the math doesn't add up to do so, not that he's not ready to go somewhere else.

It's not going to take long before whatever he decides to do going into turning 38 and being a UFA starts to be talk of the town.  I'd be shocked if he signed another extension at this point. It is his choice and end of the day if he leaves at 38 for chance at one last run it would be unfair to call him a run chaser in the vien of some from his generation if players or two you mentioned.  No way.

Should have added..again, that's not a knock. He's a young kid in a league of men. He's doing great. But he's also playing on a poor team with subpar talent. Does a better team mean more points for him? Or less? 

I guess time will tell.