Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Both these guys (Giannis, Dame) need to score.  Jrue didn't.

You say that like they might not score enough...NBA has done decent job lately of slowing down these three star Super Teams, so many cases we seeing two tops now.

These two can not only get their own, which is paramount in playoffs, they both capable of going straight video game on any given night.

It'll be more about what's around them then what they do.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Jrue was a better defender, Dame is certainly a more dynamic scorer.  IMO, the Bucks just traded defense for offense.  Like I said, it'll be interesting to see how Dame fits into a team where he's not the man.  

He said he wants to win, yea bout to find out how bad.

NBA scoring jus seems to have exploded on average last 5-10 years, scores we didn't used to see very often we see all the time now.

Would you rather have DPOY of the year or OPOY in today's NBA?  These two guys are so good Bucks could potentially have both.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You say that like they might not score enough...NBA has done decent job lately of slowing down these three star Super Teams, so many cases we seeing two tops now.

These two can not only get their own, which is paramount in playoffs, they both capable of going straight video game on any given night.

It'll be more about what's around them then what they do.

He said he wants to win, yea bout to find out how bad.

NBA scoring jus seems to have exploded on average last 5-10 years, scores we didn't used to see very often we see all the time now.

Would you rather have DPOY of the year or OPOY in today's NBA?  These two guys are so good Bucks could potentially have both.

No, I totally see why the Bucks did it.  I just don't know how much better they got.  You bring up about good points about they can both get their own when it comes to the playoffs though.

• Thumb up 1

I'm an extremely casual NBA fan, consider it the worst of the 4 major sports, but this to me reeks of collusion and buddy buddy ****. Another super team in the works?

Nobody in the NBA not even the fans wants to see super teams. Yes, Vegas built a super team, but they didn't do it like this. Not all the talent in the world clamored to play there. Vegas took misfits and castoffs from other teams. This isn't happening here.

We didn't like that **** when Golden State did it and Miami did it, and we sure as **** don't like it when the Nets tried, now the Milwaukee Bucks are trying because Giannis will walk from his 10 year contract (didn't he literally sign a supermax a few years ago) if they don't contend. I mean what's going on here.

19 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, I totally see why the Bucks did it.  I just don't know how much better they got.  You bring up about good points about they can both get their own when it comes to the playoffs though.

They're good enough to come out of the East in my opinion.  Getting Dame, and keeping Middleton & Lopez is fantastic for the Bucks.  The Celtics are not at the level of the Bucks after this trade.  Adding a scorer like Dame will make life easier for Giannis, since Holiday & Middleton have come up small one too many times in the playoffs to be reliable.  I'm predicting Bucks Vs. Nuggets for next year's finals.  Giannis Vs. Jokic in the finals will be fun to watch.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm an extremely casual NBA fan, consider it the worst of the 4 major sports, but this to me reeks of collusion and buddy buddy ****. Another super team in the works?

I wish you stopped here.

Nobody in the NBA not even the fans wants to see super teams. Yes, Vegas built a super team, but they didn't do it like this. Not all the talent in the world clamored to play there. Vegas took misfits and castoffs from other teams. This isn't happening here.

Candace Parker is not an outcast from the island of misfit toys.  Nobody cares because nobody cares about the WNBA, plus she's currently hurt so New York might beat them now.

We didn't like that **** when Golden State did it and Miami did it, and we sure as **** don't like it when the Nets tried, now the Milwaukee Bucks are trying because Giannis will walk from his 10 year contract (didn't he literally sign a supermax a few years ago) if they don't contend. I mean what's going on here.

Like was mentioned earlier, NBA has gotten better at slowing down the 3-star super teams...more likely to have two now, which is reasonable in context to how hard it is for one to be enough to really be a championship contender.

This isn't as bad as you think it is (WNBA a different convo no one wants to have)...so relax...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wish you stopped here.

Candace Parker is not an outcast from the island of misfit toys.  Nobody cares because nobody cares about the WNBA, plus she's currently hurt so New York might beat them now.

Like was mentioned earlier, NBA has gotten better at slowing down the 3-star super teams...more likely to have two now, which is reasonable in context to how hard it is for one to be enough to really be a championship contender.

This isn't as bad as you think it is (WNBA a different convo no one wants to have)...so relax...

it seems bad. And it's not the Aces, it's the Golden Knights, who assembed a bunch of castoffs as an expansion team and won the cup

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

it seems bad. And it's not the Aces, it's the Golden Knights, who assembed a bunch of castoffs as an expansion team and won the cup

Yeah, but we beat 'em for the Cup in year one.  (I seriously couldn't believe they got there, but damn happy we killed those ambitions.) 

I still get goosebumps thinking about it.  :D

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Sir, this is a Wendy's NBA Thread...

40 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, but we beat 'em for the Cup in year one.  (I seriously couldn't believe they got there, but damn happy we killed those ambitions.) 

I still get goosebumps thinking about it.  :D

It's supposedly a lot easier to get decent players for NHL expansion teams lately then other leagues, even NHL are used to.

It's not just Vegas, Seattle Kraken went to second round of the playoffs in just their second season of existence recently (beat defending champs in first round).

I don't see how anybody can Giannis and Lillard a super team.  Lillard is a very good player, but it isn't like his teams have a history of great post season success.  They haven't even made the playoffs the last two years.  And it isn't like he's in young.  In what are likely the best years of his career, his team either hasn't made the playoffs or been a pretty early exit except for once.

• Thumb up 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:02 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I am a big fan of Lillard. I think they deserve to be the favorites. 

I feel like Lillard has suffered from bad roster construction around him. The offense gap between him and Jrue is greater than the defensive gap imo. 

There's not doubt he's better than Holiday.  Which is why they also had to throw in Grayson, who was a starter for them and has turned into a reasonable NBA player, and picks.

The question is how much better does it make them.  They were probably close to the Eastern conference favorites before the trade and so I think it puts them there.  But it does it vault them over Denver or Phoenix.  I'd lean towards no.  (And I think Phoenix got better with this trade too).

Edited by PeterMP

On 9/27/2023 at 3:34 PM, Ball Security said:

Yeah, definitely can see him moved to a contender (Boston?) to let Henderson, Simon, and Sharpe all play together. 

That didn’t take long. Celtics all in and gonna have a motivated Jrue come playoff time but they have zero bench and center depth. Not sure the pieces fit but they going for it.

This is turning into a nice haul for the Blazers.  Brogdon and Williams are both probably worth at least 2nd round picks if they decide to move them.  Its like 4 first round picks, two pick swaps, and more players they can trade.

Even Ayton will be a positive asset in a year or so if he stays healthy.

And a lot of the picks and swaps are unprotected.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

There's not doubt he's better than Holiday.  Which is why they also had to throw in Grayson, who was a starter for them and has turned into a reasonable NBA player, and picks.

The question is how much better does it make them.  They were probably close to the Eastern conference favorites before the trade and so I think it puts them there.  But it does it vault them over Denver or Phoenix.  I'd lean towards no.  (And I think Phoenix got better with this trade too).

Denver got worse. 

I personally don’t like the trade for the Celtics. Depth is really weak and you are relying on two often injured players in Al and Porzingis. 

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

This is turning into a nice haul for the Blazers.  Brogdon and Williams are both probably worth at least 2nd round picks if they decide to move them.  Its like 4 first round picks, two pick swaps, and more players they can trade.

Even Ayton will be a positive asset in a year or so if he stays healthy.

And a lot of the picks and swaps are unprotected.

Not sure Anton ever becomes a positive asset with that contract. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38549589/kawhi-leonard-new-rest-rules-no-league-policy-helping-play-more

let me get my violin out for you kawhi and your plight. 

the clowns like Zion and kawhi and Ben Simmons talking 2 or more seasons off are ridiculous. about time the league crackdown on that ****. if you can't play basketball regular you may want to comsider another career. what point is there to load manage and sit on the bench for years at a time. I can't play I can't play 😭suck it up and get the **** out there son