Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Miami’s problem is that they have to shoot 50 percent from three to win and Malone should absolutely get raked for not calling timeout. 

The Celtics are watching from home for doubting Miamis shooting ability, and they’ll have an easy time with the way the nuggets are handing out open three point attempts. The number of times nuggets got lost in rotation on defense was shameful for an nba final. You’d expect defense that bad from a bad regular season squad playing the on the end of a back to back.

MPJ specifically embarrassed himself tonight on the defensive end, but he wasn’t alone. Murray was lost a dozen times and Caldwell Pope picked a horrible time to award the Heat with six free throws late in the 4th. 

Malone is probably praying for patience after that effort.  

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

The Celtics are watching from home for doubting Miamis shooting ability, and they’ll have an easy time with the way the nuggets are handing out open three point attempts. The number of times nuggets got lost in rotation on defense was shameful for an nba final. You’d expect defense that bad from a bad regular season squad playing the on the end of a back to back.

MPJ specifically embarrassed himself tonight on the defensive end, but he wasn’t alone. Murray was lost a dozen times and Caldwell Pope picked a horrible time to award the Heat with six free throws late in the 4th. 

Malone is probably praying for patience after that effort.  

Celtics are at home for a lot of reasons. I don’t think anyone is doubting their shooting. 

btw, that missed goal tend was big at the end. 

• Like 1

All the pundits pro and not are all about what Denver didn’t do.. wa wa wa . Keep sleeping on this team, we absolutely subsist on it. We grind By Any Means Necessary. Whoever it may be. Jimmy hasn’t really shown up too much in almost 5 6 games. Be it Gabe, Duncan, Bam Max, Kyle, We claw and scratch til the very end. 

Spo is a Monster. Let’s Go Heat! Fight. 

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

All the pundits pro and not are all about what Denver didn’t do.. wa wa wa . Keep sleeping on this team, we absolutely subsist on it. We grind By Any Means Necessary. Whoever it may be. Jimmy hasn’t really shown up too much in almost 5 6 games. Be it Gabe, Duncan, Bam Max, Kyle, We claw and scratch til the very end. 

Spo is a Monster. Let’s Go Heat! Fight. 

No one is sleeping on Miami. The analysts are generally right about them. They have less margin for error than the Nuggets, but they can win it. 

Edited by Hersh

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

No one is sleeping on Miami. The analysts are generally right about them. They have less margin for error than the Nuggets, but they can win it. 

This isn’t a shot or directed at you personally but Sorry bud, no one has been generally right about the heat and everyone has slept on them from the start of the playoffs.   

They’ve been an underdog and written off at literally every step of the way. In every series they have been a steep underdog and pundits have reflected that. 

The metrics and data dictated that and that’s all understandable and totally fine. It’s what makes being a fan awesome, that in the face of “facts” you believe and your team does as well and they ball out and the thing snowballs to where they are now. 

I’m just enjoying the ride one win at a time in the face of an uphill battle. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This isn’t a shot or directed at you personally but Sorry bud, no one has been generally right about the heat and everyone has slept on them from the start of the playoffs.   

They’ve been an underdog and written off at literally every step of the way. In every series they have been a steep underdog and pundits have reflected that. 

The metrics and data dictated that and that’s all understandable and totally fine. It’s what makes being a fan awesome, that in the face of “facts” you believe and your team does as well and they ball out and the thing snowballs to where they are now. 

I’m just enjoying the ride one win at a time in the face of an uphill battle. 

I don't care who wins the series. My only point was that the pundits aren't wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't care who wins the series. My only point was that the pundits aren't wrong. 

And my only point is they've been wrong at almost every step of the way regarding the heat. 🤷‍♂️ agree to disagree I guess.

No Biggie though, it's worked out for us well.  I've said it for a while, we like it this way. 

Hope we keep hanging in there in this series, the odds are still against us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

And my only point is they've been wrong at almost every step of the way regarding the heat. 🤷‍♂️ agree to disagree I guess.

No Biggie though, it's worked out for us well.  I've said it for a while, we like it this way. 

Hope we keep hanging in there in this series, the odds are still against us. 

You are 100% right that they've been wrong. Spo is the best coach in the NBA right now. Butler getting a ring would be sweet. 

You see Jokic's issues with the pick and roll last night and generally as a rim defender.  He can't defend on the perimeter, but he also can't recover to the rim.  People end up getting good lanes to the basket if they take them, others have to help, leaving people open for 3s.  

None of the other teams were consistently good enough 3 point shooters to take advantage of it.  Game 1 the Heat shot awful and didn't actually go to the rim.  We'll see if the Heat will take the lanes to the rim and can keep hitting shots.  If they can, they can win this series.

Edited by PeterMP

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ll let the nba know

theyre eagerly awaiting confirmation on how to best get your attention 

they should. ratings are awful for the nba. 

that said game 7 was an outlier, that had nearly 11m on TNT. Highest # in years. 

53 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ll let the nba know

theyre eagerly awaiting confirmation on how to best get your attention 

Will you also let them know that the finals are starting too late on the weekend. WTF is with an 8 pm starting time on a Sunday night? School is still going on. There was nothing else this weekend that would've created a conflict. 

• Like 2