Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Miami is experiencing what so many other teams have… doubling Jokic early is a bad idea.  They’ve gotten great shots everywhere because he always finds the undefended player.  10 and 10 double double in the first half without missing a shot or turning the ball over.  

you have to send a double late or not at all and force him to shoot.  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Miami is experiencing what so many other teams have… doubling Jokic early is a bad idea.  They’ve gotten great shots everywhere because he always finds the undefended player.  10 and 10 double double in the first half without missing a shot or turning the ball over.  

you have to send a double late or not at all and force him to shoot.  

I think you attack him when he dribbles the ball up the court and attack on defense. 

I think you can send a double early but be disciplined and have the defense rotate over.
Throw him multiple looks. this nugget team is pretty good tho. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I think you attack him when he dribbles the ball up the court and attack on defense. 

I think you can send a double early but be disciplined and have the defense rotate over.
Throw him multiple looks. this nugget team is pretty good tho. 

I think Miami’s best bet is let Bam make him catch it away from the rim.  Something he’s been doing pretty well.  Send no help, make him fight his way around Bam from the foul line.  Send help when he catches it in scoring position after he hunches down to make his move.  

Game 1 over reactions will be plentiful, but the Heat team we saw today won’t be the team we see in game 2.  They shot horribly.  I’m not so worried about Miami’s offense, they won’t miss open shots all series.  The question is can they slow the nuggets offense, because no one’s had much success doing it.  

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Game 1 over reactions will be plentiful, but the Heat team we saw today won’t be the team we see in game 2.  They shot horribly.  I’m not so worried about Miami’s offense, they won’t miss open shots all series.  The question is can they slow the nuggets offense, because no one’s had much success doing it.  

nuggets won comfortably and the Heat shot better from three. How often will the Nuggets shoot under 30 percent from three?

There is some stuff to build upon for the Heat for the rest of the series imo.  The odds are against us for sure.  There size and offensive execution is a problem...

We'll need to execute a whole lot better, that is a given.  Jimmy, Caleb, and Max need to not be invisible.  Two free throws is absurd and won't cut it.  

Bam for all stuff he takes from people was really really good tonight. 

But I'd bet Spo is a little encouraged by a few things...We'll see what game two looks like. Not totally discouraged.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

2 free throw attempts as a team ain't gonna cut it...run into that paint even if they bigger then you or you're definitely going to lose...

Still 11 point game, didn't feel like it, saw Nuggets up around a 20 a lot...

normally I’d say the refs were screwy with a stat like that… but I watched the game.  I didn’t see the heat being fouled on shot attempts.  They didn’t really force a lot at the rim, they mostly took open shots and missed them.

Shaq just told a Joker “I don’t normally give big guys a lot of props, but I’m giving props to you.”  

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

normally I’d say the refs were screwy with a stat like that… but I watched the game.  I didn’t see the heat being fouled on shot attempts.  They didn’t really force a lot at the rim, they mostly took open shots and missed them.

There were a few non calls during the game that had me yelling at the TV.  On Bam, Vincent and others.  But I'm not a blame the refs kinda guy at all.

We did miss a ton too. 2 free throws is a joke though. Jokic had 1 foul in the 4th qtr. really guy that big and involved, 1 foul?. But again refs were not the issue for me.