Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Timberwolves were too young.  Butler accelerates their growth.  The price was high but I think it makes the TWolves significantly better and moves them closer to playing like a three star team.  

KAT nowhere close to being in his prime, but is already a dominant player...Wiggins REALLY came on late, and Lavine had the most growing to do.  Adding Butler to the mix, as you said, accelerates their growth.  T-Wolves MIGHT be ready to make a leap into a top3-5 team in the West next year. 

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

hmm... bad enough to trade away a 22 year old already averaging 18+ppg plus a first rounder and another player?  Idk,man, I don't think I can co-sign on that car right there.

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Timberwolves were too young.  Butler accelerates their growth.  The price was high but I think it makes the TWolves significantly better and moves them closer to playing like a three star team.  

Not happy about trading away Butler, but for Lavine, Dunn and the pick, had to be done.  It was actually a great trade for both teams, imo.  Gives the Bulls youth and a better starter at PG.  Plus they got a big PF that can shoot the three, which they sucked at this past season.  

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

De'aaron Fox seems like a nice kid.  Too bad he's going to Sacramento.

That's like a QB going to Cleveland :ols:

Just now, SkinInsite said:

Man what a dumpster fire the Bulls will be next year, guess on the plus side I won't have to renew league pass. 

I don't think they will be a dumpster fire.  As great as Jimmy is, Lavine is younger and better than Rondo.  And we get Markkanen, who can shoot the three.  I don't see them dropping off that much, nor getting any better next season.  Probably in for another season around 40 wins and fighting for a playoff spot.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Hmmm, sucks for LaVine. Was just starting to shine and form a great trio with Wiggins and KAT

Minnesota should be fun to watch next year though.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope Lonzo isn't going to wear goofy ass t shirts under his jersey. That should be illegal. 

Just another reason college basketball sucks, you see like 3 dudes rocking that look per game 

Yeah, gonna have to kill that look. Awful

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't think they will be a dumpster fire.  As great as Jimmy is, Lavine is younger and better than Rondo.  And we get Markkanen, who can shoot the three.  I don't see them dropping off that much, nor getting any better next season.  Probably in for another season around 40 wins and fighting for a playoff spot.

Minnesota should be fun to watch next year though.  

We? I thought you were a Hornets fan Taze?

Every year I watch the draft and try to figure out who the guys are that we'll have forgotten about in three years from now.  Sometimes it's glaringly obvious, other times not so much.

That kid from Gonzaga who didn't even start until his senior year of high school is gonna be in Europe in two years, easy.  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That kid from Gonzaga who didn't even start until his senior year of high school is gonna be in Europe in two years, easy.  

Athletic 7 footer that can shoot?  This league is crazy for stretch 4 and 5s so he might stick around a while. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'm pulling hard for Bam to make it.  He's a local kid, was really disappointed he didn't play for the Heels.  

He plays hard.  Works hard.  Better shooter than people think.  And he's a freaking moose. 

If it's there, Spo and co. will get it out of em

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If it's there, Spo and co. will get it out of em

No doubt.  I kinda wrote my post with you in mind.  I know you run with the Heat.

I followed Bam since he was a soph in HS.  I know he didn't grow up with much, if anything at all.  He's a country strong, humble kid.  Easy to root for.  I imagine you'll like him quite a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Athletic 7 footer that can shoot?  This league is crazy for stretch 4 and 5s so he might stick around a while. 

I don't disagree with the logic, that's fine.  Gonzaga players don't usually seem to pan out though, right?  Olynyk is the only one I can think of in the NBA right now, he's pretty good.  Dunno about you, but I miss Adam Morrison.  

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/draft.cgi?college=gonzaga

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

No doubt.  I kinda wrote my post with you in mind.  I know you run with the Heat.

I followed Bam since he was a soph in HS.  I know he didn't grow up with much, if anything at all.  He's a country strong, humble kid.  Easy to root for.  I imagine you'll like him quite a bit.

Was listening to Reece Davis' breakdown of him. Def sounds like a Road Warrior :)

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We? I thought you were a Hornets fan Taze?

I grew up a Bulls fan and they were my team for years until I got out of watching the NBA around 2000.  I continued to keep up with them and have always pulled for them regardless of me not watching much NBA ball outside of a handful of regular season games and the playoffs/finals from 2000-2008.  I was always catching **** from family and friends for not claiming the Hornets/Bobcats my entire life, so I made a decision that if/when I got really big into NBA ball again, I'd support the home team (Bobcats/Hornets).  

So I claimed the Bobcats/Hornets the past 5 years, even though I continued to pull for the Bulls.  It never felt right saying they were my team, cause they never were and all that noise of pulling for the home team felt fake to me.  So I told the wife the "pulling for the home team cause people say you have to" experiment was over.  Time to get back to my roots.  

Still can't find my Bulls flag I had in college.  It was pretty big, would be nice to toss up in the man-cave.  Wife can't remember where she packed it up when we moved into our house, probably buried in the attic. Hell man, in college, during the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman era, I went to the Hornets/Bulls game in the Hive, decked out in Bulls gear I took so much **** from fans and got threatened to get tossed off of the upper deck for cheering for the Bulls lol.  

I wish nothing but the best for the home team, always have, but it's time I returned to the team that has always had my heart.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I wish nothing but the best for the home team, always have, but it's time I returned to the team that has always had my heart.  

I remember you grew up a Bulls fan but didn't know you'd gone back. I don't subscribe to the theory that you have to root for the local teams anyway like so many a ES do. It's 2017, the world is small. Don't be limited by something like the location of your birth, follow whatever gives you a connection and stick with them.  

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Already seeing a bunch of warriors fans everywhere. No shame.

They are hella fun to watch