Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

39 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I'm fine with Russ for MVP because he has dragged an otherwise okay team to a 50-win season – not because he and the rest of the Thunder roster have collectively decided to leave uncontested rebounds for him all season.

Get em. Your dad MJ could've done it every season if he wanted to

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Put down the haterade.

Nope not this time, it tastes too good. But that said I think he should win MVP. Nobody's more valuable to his team. I'm just saying I'd vote for him even if he was averaging 29 9 and 9 a night. The triple double stuff is a bit overrated in that regard.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Get em. Your dad MJ could've done it every season if he wanted to

I thought we established years ago my favorite retired NBA player is Larry Bird. And yes, it's because he's not white, he's clear.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

OKC isn't going to win 50 games.

Meanwhile Kawhi Leonard led a San Antonio team to 60 wins (and counting) that has the exact same number of All Stars on it as Westbrook's.

So SA has the same caliber of players as OKC? That really the hill you're willing to die on?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So SA has the same caliber of players as OKC? That really the hill you're willing to die on?

No.  They have the same number of stars.

OKC and San Antonio are both one star teams.  So is Houston for that matter.

The hill I'm willing to defend is that Kawhi has been better this year and that he's led his team to more success.  Westbrook is a brick laying stat chasing chucker who plays no defense and has, so far, led his team to mediocrity.  Kawhi is a hyper efficient volume scorer who is one of the five most impactful defenders in the game and has led his team to another 60 win season.  Westbrook makes commercials, runs his mouth, and has turned shameless, irrelevant stat chasing into an art.  He figured out he can get a lot of attention for it--he's got the likes of Mike & Mike, who probably watch half an NBA game a season between the two of them, talking about him being a better athlete than Michael Jordan.  And it is entirely because of the triple doubles that he accumulates from his rebounding.  It'll be for the same reason Miguel Cabrera won MVP for getting the triple crown over Mike Trout, who had been far better and more valuable: because we place huge significance on completely arbitrary milestones.  In this case, we like counting stats that come in multiples of ten because our numbers system is based on multiples of ten because humans have ten fingers and the number is of great familiarity to us.

Meanwhile all Kawhi has done is stay silent, play transcendent basketball, and win games.

Westbrook should be no better than fourth or fifth in MVP voting, but he's going to win it because better players like Durant and CP3 got injured and because of the hype his stat chasing has generated.  Then he's going to get bounced in the first round and everyone is going to blame his teammates for it.  And the better players: LeBron, Curry, Durant, Leonard, CP3, and yes unfortunately Harden, are going to keep playing on.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Westbrook should be no better than fourth or fifth in MVP voting, but he's going to win it because better players like Durant and CP3 got injured and because of the hype his stat chasing has generated.  Then he's going to get bounced in the first round and everyone is going to blame his teammates for it.  And the better players: LeBron, Curry, Durant, Leonard, CP3, and yes unfortunately Harden, are going to keep playing on.

Pretty much. 100% positive OKC is bounced in the first round, and people complain that he doesn't have enough talent around him. 

But wait! Kanter, Adams, Sabonis, and Oladipo are not bums. All 4 could be starters on most teams, and all 4 are young. OKC should be ashamed for encouraging his stat padding. 

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

But wait! Kanter, Adams, Sabonis, and Oladipo are not bums. All 4 could be starters on most teams, and all 4 are young. OKC should be ashamed for encouraging his stat padding. 

Yeah I think it's dumb too.  OKC has always had a knack for finding and developing young talent.  They shouldn't be running a gimmick offense and they shouldn't be placing such an emphasis on one guy racking up a bunch of counting stats.  But I think they're just desperate to make Westbrook happy.

Westbrook winning the MVP is OKC's championship.  It's how their fans can feel like he's sticking it to Durant for leaving.  MVP plus the Warriors losing to San Antonio or Cleveland is their dream come true.  I understand lowered expectations, getting to the ECF is our championship. 

I do think it's interesting though that a team that was a hair away from the Finals last year loses one guy and suddenly everyone around Westrbook is trash.  As if every good team except Golden State and Cleveland aren't comprised primarily of role players who would be garbage without the leadership and production of one or two star players.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

No.  They have the same number of stars.

OKC and San Antonio are both one star teams.  So is Houston for that matter.

The hill I'm willing to defend is that Kawhi has been better this year and that he's led his team to more success.  Westbrook is a brick laying stat chasing chucker who plays no defense and has, so far, led his team to mediocrity.  Kawhi is a hyper efficient volume scorer who is one of the five most impactful defenders in the game and has led his team to another 60 win season.  Westbrook makes commercials, runs his mouth, and has turned shameless, irrelevant stat chasing into an art.  He figured out he can get a lot of attention for it--he's got the likes of Mike & Mike, who probably watch half an NBA game a season between the two of them, talking about him being a better athlete than Michael Jordan.  And it is entirely because of the triple doubles that he accumulates from his rebounding.  It'll be for the same reason Miguel Cabrera won MVP for getting the triple crown over Mike Trout, who had been far better and more valuable: because we place huge significance on completely arbitrary milestones.  In this case, we like counting stats that come in multiples of ten because our numbers system is based on multiples of ten because humans have ten fingers and the number is of great familiarity to us.

Meanwhile all Kawhi has done is stay silent, play transcendent basketball, and win games.

A  brick laying shot  chucker with the #1 PER in the entire league? Half the stuff you just posted is nothing but pure haterade, man. You're better than this

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2