Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

where does Nikola Jokic rank on the list of young bigs in the game?

his potential is scary, he already passes better than a lot of guards in the league

I've yet to see him play.  The highlights show an smooth highly skilled offensive player and being only 21 he's going to get a great deal better.  The numbers are their to back up the highlights.  He's a shot creator off the dribble, for himself and others, which is a rare skill for an NBA big.  

What I don't know is if he's going to put the same amount of work into his defense and fall in love with the weight room.  

Would love to see OKC win here tonight.  As breathtaking as the Warriors can be when playing together, I still think that Durant leaving was such a weak move.  I understand if he wanted to go somewhere else...but if you can't beat em, join em, which is so lame.   I'd love to see them come up short again this year.  

• Like 1

Watching this OKC/GS game, the NBA really sucks now. They have to find a way to two legitimate contenders that could easily play each other four straight years in the finals. (counting next season already) I used to really enjoy watching games and I'm happy for all the Wizards fans for the good season they are having, but there needs to be more competition for the actual title. Just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Hahaha did y'all expect the Thunder to do anything? Ahahahaha. 

Nope

I was more interested in the fan reaction. And they proved why no player should ever give a damn about fans. Biggest one sided "relationship" ever.

When Westbrook leaves  at some point, or both his knees explode, I hope those idiots realize how good they had it at one point.

But theyre probably too dumb to do that

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

I felt so embarrassed for the Thunder fans yesterday. They were so happy everytime KD missed a shot... I'm like, " y'all are down by 20... Stop acting like every missed shot wins the game for you."

Then Van Gundy and Jackson were trying to say that he didn't have to leave to justify his legacy. They may be right, but after seeing how they treated him last night, I'm glad he left. 

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 5

On 2/11/2017 at 1:35 AM, Destino said:

I've yet to see him play.  The highlights show an smooth highly skilled offensive player and being only 21 he's going to get a great deal better.  The numbers are their to back up the highlights.  He's a shot creator off the dribble, for himself and others, which is a rare skill for an NBA big.  

What I don't know is if he's going to put the same amount of work into his defense and fall in love with the weight room.  

Came across this article the other day...it's a fantastic read.  I didn't know that his older bros were tight w/ Darko, and were in his inner-circle when he was w/ the Pistons.  They saw and contributed to his downfall.  They're now EXTREMELY protective of Nikola and don't want him going down that same path.  He obviously listens to them....

The Joker: Nikola Jokic Gets Serious In Denver

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Didn't folks want Durant in DC a for a few years ? 

Hmm...

Team dynamic of the Warriors slightly different than the Wizards.  But you knew that.  Hmm....

Also, Westbrook looked like a clown yappin' when down 18.  I swear...as long as this dude gets his #'s, he's good. 

10 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Also, Westbrook looked like a clown yappin' when down 18.  I swear...as long as this dude gets his #'s, he's good. 

Westbrook reminds me of my fave quote about Agent Zero-era Arenas, "He loves to hit game-winners, but he doesn't really care about winning games."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MLSKINS said:

I felt so embarrassed for the Thunder fans yesterday. They were so happy everytime KD missed a shot... I'm like, " y'all are down by 20... Stop acting like every missed shot wins the game for you."

Then Van Gundy and Jackson were trying to say that he didn't have to leave to justify his legacy. They may be right, but after seeing how they treated him last night, I'm glad he left. 

Saw the sportscenter clip on the game.  They boo'd the hell out of him when he was announced in starting lineup.  I'm glad he left, too.  All that cupcake nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Team dynamic of the Warriors slightly different than the Wizards.  But you knew that.  Hmm....

Still wouldn't have had a problem turning the Wiz into a super team thru free agency. Same thing happened when Lebron went to Miami and people here hated that and called them bought championships etc 

Just sounds like sour grapes and a bit hypocritical every time another team can build a juggernaut and fans complain and whine about it. Not saying you specifically just in general what I saw on this board and overall. 

There are two reasons Durant was booed...

1. He talked a lot over the years about how much he loved OKC and wanted to stay. Read some of his older tweets.

2. He went to a powerhouse team that just beat his team in the conference finals.

If he hadn't really said anything and just went to some random team like Boston or Toronto, or hell even to Washington, I don't think there would be AS MUCH animosity.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

There are two reasons Durant was booed...

1. He talked a lot over the years about how much he loved OKC and wanted to stay. Read some of his older tweets.

2. He went to a powerhouse team that just beat his team in the conference finals.

If he hadn't really said anything and just went to some random team like Boston or Toronto, or hell even to Washington, I don't think there would be AS MUCH animosityanimo

"Just go off to some other team in some other conference and we'll deem that acceptable and allow you through the pearly gates of heaven when you die"

He went where he wanted to go, and that's that. Seriously. For all the crap OKC put out there about their "classy, humble" real fans especially during the '12 Finals, they showed they're no different than a big major city team. He'll they're probably worse. At least those fanbases understand the business side of basketball.

That cupcake bull****, and all the taunting and yapping from the gump ass OKC players, crossed the line. That **** ain't cool. DC/PG County doesn't breed soft people, and as much as he gave to that community, he might as well should've held a press conference to say he was leaving, then pissed into the crowd.

That's why I got is so many arguments with people in here after the Decision, because fans were being dishonest when they were talking about how that was the tipping point. They just used it as an excuse to justify going all in like they really wanted to deep down, and nobody would put them on blast for it, because of how it happened.

****ty, self absorbed people want athletes to be the nicest beings on  Earth, take pay cuts, take hometown discounts when negotiating new contracts, stay loyal (despite whatever bs management throws their way,) go where they deem it appropriate in FA.

I really think modern day "Fandom" deserves a serious discussion. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

For the record, I didn't mind Lebron going to Miami... It was the way he did it. Once he was there, it was just Lebron in the Heat. That's it.

KD leaving was his decision and his alone. Look at him when he's playing, yeah he's on the best team, but he's also playing with his good friends. I don't care what team I'm on, if you can tell me I can play on a good team with good friends and financially, it won't affect me to much, I'm taking it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

For the record, I didn't mind Lebron going to Miami... It was the way he did it. Once he was there, it was just Lebron in the Heat. That's it.

Yeah, I don't put this anywhere near the Decision (looking back on it, it was kinda crazy), but nonetheless it got the same treatment. Unreal

And I'm ready for someone to lay Westbrook out. That pitbull alpha male **** has gone to his head.

Edited by Mr. Sinister