Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Remember 2013-2014 when Indy got out to that blazing hot start and got the one seed, but their bench sucked and they had to play their starters into the ground?  They backed into the playoffs on a really bad end of season skid and then barely got past a mediocre Hawks team and a baby Wizards team in the first two rounds before ultimately getting handled by Miami in the ECF.  That's what I am afraid is happening to the Wizards.

I could see y'all getting the three seed, then getting unceremoniously bounced by ATL or somebody in the semis

That seems like a very Grunfeldian outcome

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I could see y'all getting the three seed, then getting unceremoniously bounced by ATL or somebody in the semis

That seems like a very Grunfeldian outcome

We stay healthy, only team knocking us out in the East is Cleveland and maybe Boston.  More worried about the curse then Ernie, who's due for a smart trade right about know to help the bench.  Our team is very good, but not solid, we're an injury to one of our starters away from being a fringe playoff team, very top heavy.  Think only starter we could go without for long stretches may be Gortat, and that's me being optimistic of Mahinmi. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

KD less Warrior team still sweeps the Wiz

This is how that series would go:

- Wizards trade a protected second round pick for Dellavedova at the deadline.  Observers find it odd that Steph Curry becomes so passive during the series, spending much of it deferring to Pachulia.

- JaVale McGee gets pulled in the second quarter of game one for trying to inbound the ball from the restricted area and flubbing a breakaway dunk that he threw off the backboard to himself.  He doesn't return.

- Draymond Green breaks his foot in game one when he kicks Jason Smith in the nuts.  Smith is unfazed.

- Kevin Durant repeatedly texts John Wall during the series, telling him to "ask Ernie if I can play with y'all next year."

- Wizards win in five.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Dolan is pretty much saying Oakley is an alcoholic

lawsuits coming I thinks 

I really wanna believe everything Oakley (and his defenders) said. But it makes you wonder, when Knicks brass is continuing to lay it on thick like this. This is some insane ****, basically calling the guy a POS liar, a mental case, and now an alcoholic.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I really wanna believe everything Oakley (and his defenders) said. But it makes you wonder, when Knicks brass is continuing to lay it on thick like this. This is some insane ****, basically calling the guy a POS liar, a mental case, and now an alcoholic.

calling someone an alcoholic seems to be in the Dolan playbook:

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, James Dolan <JDOLAN@cablevision.com> wrote:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan