Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Pussied out ? C'mon man, you know you're just mad he didn't come to DC :ols:

I didn't expect him to sign with the Wizards.  I'm mad because he went to the Warriors.  Literally any other team except Cleveland would have been better.

Do you guys not realize he broke the league this summer?  Does beating the crap out of the second best team in the league not raise any alarm?

That beatdown of the Cavs was the annexation of Austria.

• Like 2

Definitely broke the league, no denying that. I think from a competition standpoint he'd have been better served going to Boston and teaming with Isaiah Thomas.

But I'm done holding it against him. Not like the league's prospects were a whole lot better a year ago (basically a 4 team race). 

People probably thought Miami would coast for years and years to titles, but it never works that way. Golden St... Greatest team all time last year... Didn't work out that way. That compelling "what-if" factor is strong

The NBA has always managed to still be entertaining despite all that, and with the younger teams on the rise, it always feels fresh.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

We'll see if the league is broken in the finals.  They still have to get through some very good western conference teams and make it to the finals healthy.  If the Cavs get there healthy, I wouldn't expect an easy series.  Especially if the Warriors coach is still smoking whatever lead him to switch Curry on Lebron 20 times a game.  

Theyre a great team, maybe one of the best ever, but they've got to do it at least once before everyone panics about the league being broken.  Though one could argue the eastern conference has been broken for a while now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Not a good 2 days for Russell Westbrook. He's not even an All-Star Game starter? That's total BS. But Curry is?

Steph is the reigning 2 time MVP, taking the starting spot in the allstar game from Curry might have been the right outcome based on this season... but with fans voting that wasn't going to happen. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Definitely broke the league, no denying that. I think from a competition standpoint he'd have been better served going to Boston and teaming with Isaiah Thomas.

But I'm done holding it against him. Not like the league's prospects were a whole lot better a year ago (basically a 4 team race). 

People probably thought Miami would coast for years and years to titles, but it never works that way. Golden St... Greatest team all time last year... Didn't work out that way. That compelling "what-if" factor is strong

The NBA has always managed to still be entertaining despite all that, and with the younger teams on the rise, it always feels fresh.

Yea....I really don't care that he went to GS.  His right as a FA, but he did/does look funny in the light going to the 2nd best team in the league who would most likely make another finals appearance w/o his help.  That being said, I hope they fail miserably.  Want Houston to come out of the West. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DM72 said:

Not a good 2 days for Russell Westbrook. He's not even an All-Star Game starter? That's total BS. But Curry is?

While I think he's having a remarkable and historic year, the fact that he's taking almost 24 shots a game and shooting at 42% and is 2nd in the league in turnovers (first in the league in 5 step walks)...I do wonder if the fans notice that. Or maybe they just don't care for his attitude. 

also..how much does +/- mean in the NBA?

The top 4 leaders in it are...

1)Steph Curry

2) Klay Thompson

3) KD

4) Draymond Green..

Westbrook isn't even in the top 40. :rofl89:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

While I think he's having a remarkable and historic year, the fact that he's taking almost 24 shots a game and shooting at 42% and is 2nd in the league in turnovers (first in the league in 5 step walks)...I do wonder if the fans notice that. Or maybe they just don't care for his attitude. 

also..how much does +/- mean in the NBA?

The top 4 leaders in it are...

1)Steph Curry

2) Klay Thompson

3) KD

4) Draymond Green..

Westbrook isn't even in the top 40. :rofl89:

You have to look at his team though. IMO, his situation is identical to Iversons. If he didn't take all those shots, they aren't going to win. He's never going to be a sharp shooter, but his overall game is so good, you really shouldn't hold his FG% against him.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Probably doing more now to combat another pounding like the one he took from Cleveland and OKC last spring. They beat him up pretty good

Yep. 

I heard he lifts 3 time a day now.

That's right.

3 times in 1 day.

• Like 1

The process got Sam Hinkie fired, and deservedly so.  There wasn't anything to the process other than being ****ty and lucking into a great talent in the draft, same as for every team.  It just took them longer to show signs of progress because they got nothing to show for two of their seasons in the cellar.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The process got Sam Hinkie fired, and deservedly so.  There wasn't anything to the process other than being ****ty and lucking into a great talent in the draft, same as for every team.  It just took them longer to show signs of progress because they got nothing to show for two of their seasons in the cellar.

You responded before I did :ols:

You can only be but so ****ty until you basically have no choice but to start getting good. That's not really a process

• Like 1