Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Looks like that Rubio/Wiggins tandem everyone was hyping is gonna take some time.

Dude Rubio just came back lol

You're so quick diss anyone. Damn bro you're a tough critic

They're a good story, but we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

Still don't get why no one will give them credit. They are 8 games up on the nearest team in the East, have multiple All Stars, and have more playoff experience than nearly every other team in the East.

Warriors game last night was nutty.   Mavs went up 24-4 to start the game.  Without Rondo, the Dallas offense is so much smoother.  Great ball movement, unselfish, really impressive.

Then Curry went nuts, and Dallas couldn't slow him down.  That's because without Rondo, Dallas has no one who can defend a guy like Curry.

Dallas has a dilemma on its hands. 

Dude Rubio just came back lol

You're so quick diss anyone. Damn bro you're a tough critic

It wasn't a diss at all, Rubio played a good game for his first night back. Just saying that Wiggins is going to have to completely change the style of ball he's played so far this year now that there's a real distributor on the squad and the transition won't be as smooth as the bloggers and 2k crowd assumed it would be.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/05/adam-silver-nba-needs-to-look-at-taking-top-16-teams-for-the-playoffs/

“Ultimately we want to see your best teams in the playoffs. And there is an unbalance and a certain unfairness. There is a proposal (from one of the broadcasters)…  where the division winners would all automatically go into the playoffs and then you’d seed the next 10 best teams. I think that’s the kind of proposal we need to look at. There are travel issues of course, but in this day in age every team of course has their own plane, travels charter. I don’t think the discussion should end there. And as I’ve said, my first year I was studying a lot of these issues and year 2 is time to take action. It’s something I’m going to look at closely with the competition committee. I do think it’s an area where we need to make a change.”

I really hope this is more than just talk.

I wouldn't want the conferences and divisions to be entirely meaningless. I actually like the NFLs division value because it creates rivalries and regular season games that matter more than the rest. That's lacking in basketball.

I wouldn't mind seeing protected and unprotected seeding depending on .500 record. Teams that are, let's say 8th, but are under .500 can be replaced by a team from the opposite conference if they are 9th or worse but have a winning record. Essentially the only teams i want to try to get out of the playoff picture are those that lose more than they win.

• Like 1

I don't want anything that makes the regular season less meaningful.  If anything, I would like to go the opposite direction.  Make winning your division even more important in some way.  Playoff reseeding devalues the regular season, and makes rivalries meaningless.   A game between the Warriors and Clippers or Lakers should mean more than a game between the Warriors and the Nets or Pistons.   A game between the Wizards and the Hawks or the Heat should mean more than one against the Nuggets or Suns.  

edit - Destino's proposal makes sense.

Edited by Predicto

Lol if only Bubble Screen were here

#Buzz City

Wiz fans, I know you're down at the moment but just think about it. You're likely to draw the Bulls in the first round again.

That's an easy 5 gamer.

But seriously **** Cleveland man

Theyre going to be nasty by seasons end. Post All Star break the contenders will start to make that push while the pretenders fall back to the pack

Korver is going to win easily, IMO.   When he's unguarded, there has never been anyone like him.

3 pt contest is a different animal, and excelling in the format might not necessarily compare to excelling on the court. There is an important element to getting the ball off the rack quickly and cleanly that you're not doing in practice or in games. Great game shooters can be awkward at it. Plus it's a weird moment in an unfamiliar gym in front of a weird crowd.

I think Jason Kapono is the GOAT 3 pt contest shooter.