Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Suns are blowing us out. They're going to keep winning.

OKC doesn't have a ton of season left to keep piddling around. They're in serious danger of missing the playoffs.

It's also a matchup problem.   Suns always give the Wizards trouble.   Just like the Wiz always give Chicago trouble.

But yes, OKC is in real danger now of missing the dance.   Which makes me happy as a Dubs fan.  I don't want to see that team in the 8 seed at the end of the season.   I want the Dubs start out against Phoenix or Dallas

• Like 1

OKC is only 3.5 games back from that 8th spot with 40 games to go. You've got to like their chances. Still a lot of basketball to be played though and injuries can still change everything in a playoff race.

True.  But Phoenix is a pretty good team, and not over-reliant on one or two players the way that OKC is.  I would expect them to go at least .500 the rest of the way even if they have an injury, which means OKC would have to go something like 25-15 the rest of the way.  That's not going to be easy in the West.  

What makes it worse is that 7 teams in the West already have 30 wins, so there is no other team that OKC realistically has a chance to catch, and New Orleans is also trying for that same last playoff.  

Sure, any team with KD has a shot but I wouldn't say I like their chances.

It's also a matchup problem.   Suns always give the Wizards trouble.   Just like the Wiz always give Chicago trouble.

But yes, OKC is in real danger now of missing the dance.   Which makes me happy as a Dubs fan.  I don't want to see that team in the 8 seed at the end of the season.   I want the Dubs start out against Phoenix or Dallas

It is a tough match up, though we ended up almost stealing that game at the end. Highlighted a weakness in their team in that they can only function well at one speed. They'd be a much softer first round opponent than OKC would be. GS fans should definitely be rooting for them as the 8 seed. As should Wizards fans because if OKC misses the playoffs, Scott Brooks is going to get fired and there is going to be a lot of offseason turmoil and it'll make it that much more obvious that Washington is the better fit and would give him the better chance to win in 2016.

OKC is running out of season. They were as bad as they could be in the first month and then lost all of the momentum from that winning streak after Westbrook and Durant got back by scuffling around .500 ever since. They needed to be doing better than 70% wins. And Durant suffering other minor injuries is making sure they don't get on a roll. They need someone important for Phoenix to get injured.

I am so confused. What is that??

As best as I can tell a group wants to build a Christian complex called "The City of Love" inside Oklahoma City, and they believe Kevin Durant has turned his back on God by signing with Nike over UnderArmor because they believe that the company Nike literally is the manifestation of the Goddess of Victory, Nike. Therefore all Nike athletes worship false idols.

It gets even crazier from there.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

I am so confused. What is that??

Dude thinks that Nike is evil because it is named after Nike, the Greek goddess for victory, and by signing a shoe deal with Nike, Kevin Durant worships a pagan god and dishonors Jesus Christ.

Or something.  

Clearly Under Armour is the armor of God,

We all know that Hell is down below, so I think "under" armor means it is spawn of the devil.

I also heard a rumor that Damian Lillard and Boogie Cousins both got left off of the Western All Star team.

Do you dislike Derrick and if so, why?

You only ever seem to post when he plays poorly

I think I remember him posting about how he lives in Chicago, or knows a bunch of asshole Bulls fans, and was turned into a hater because they constantly overvalue him.

Or something like that.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Biggest omissions are Lillard, Cousins, Nowitzki and Korver.  

Leaving Lillard off is a travesty, but I suspect that he will be the replacement for Kobe.  

He's having a better season than he did last year, in which he was an allstar, but somehow got left off?  I think Silver will name him to replace Kobe.