Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update! Anyone Else Going To The Redskins/packers Game At...(Pause For Effect)..lambeau Field?

AnnapolisSkinsFan

UPDATE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14!!!! 

WELCOME EVERYONE TO GREEN BAY...

LOOKS LIKE WE WILL BE HEADING TO THE STADIUM VIEW BAR SATURDAY NIGHT. SOME ARE GETTING TOGETHER FOR DINNER AROUND 6:30. PHONE: 920-498-1986. THEY ARE NOT SHOWING THE MERIWEATHER FIGHT, SO SOME MAY HEAD OUT LATER ONCE WE FIND A SPOT FOR THE FIGHT.

ON SUNDAY, THE CONSENSUS LOCATION IS THE ARENA LOT, RED AREA. WE WILL GATHER WITH THE FIRST ONES THERE, SOME ARE ARRIVING BEFORE 8AM. 

LINK: 

http://www.ticketstaronline.com/events/detail/game-day-packer-parking-arena-lot

REMEMBER, GAME TIME IS 12PM NOON (REMINDER FOR EAST COAST TIMERS) 

TEXT MY CELL TO FIND US 410.300.6393

SEE YOU THERE! 

JOHN FROM ANNAPOLIS

Hey, just finalized my reservations for Green Bay for the game on Sept 15, 2013. Anyone else headed up that way? I figure we should exchange info so we can tailgate on Sunday or at least coordinate a presence on Saturday night somewhere... 

Game tickets through Redskins Travel...

Two Redskins fans from Annapolis...my dad and I are "in!" 

Due to flight availability, we are flying into Milwaukee and renting a car. Out on Friday, back on Monday. Airtran from Reagan National has a reasonable non-stop. 

Post info and suggestions for Skins Fans activities...

John

AnnapolisSkinsFan

I am also looking into make the trip but i might do ATL instead if the costs get too outrageous.  I am already doing Philly, Denver and possibly NYG if we are in the race

Check out AirTran to Milwaukee; some flights in the $100 range each way...The rental car was less than $20 per day, and it's two hours to Green Bay.... hotels are reasonable, but you are competing with the Cheeseheads from across the region for rooms... the way I see it, getting tickets may be the real issue... I don't know if Redskins Travel has any left..got mine the day the schedule was announced...

JG 

I am going with a buddy. Flights are already purchased - flying into Milwaukee on Saturday morning and flying out Monday morning. Also renting a car and driving to Green Bay, but am planning on staying the night in Green Bay Saturday night. 

We have not bought our tickets yet, which is obviously going to be the most expensive part. How did you go through Redskins Travel? I have never done that before. I was just planning on buying them through StubHub. 

Yes, we should definitely coordinate a tailgate or something beforehand. Any thoughts on how best to buy tickets would be appreciated. 

I went with my college roommate 6 years ago (huge Packer fan) and got to see one of Sean Taylor's last games and one of his last interceptions.  I'm still considering going this year even though he can't do it. A couple of notes from my memories:

- Also consider flying into O'Hare;  You'll drive straight north on 294 from there, so you won't have to deal with Chicago traffic if you land on Friday evening (and it's a ~3 hour drive).  If you can find a deal it might be worth it.

- You guys are right about hotel rooms, they will be an issue.  Also when I went we were lucky enough to get a hotel in town but there was a 2 night minimum.

- There is a decent amount to do around the stadium if you get in a day or so early.  The renovated part of Lambeau has a bar inside and there are a bunch of bars across the street (including Brett Favre's restaurant).

- Packer fans are generally a good crowd.  There was lots of good-natured ribbing when we were tailgating but nothing close to any issues.  I dealt with one idiot but he was more an idiot in the overserved sense than any sort of 'DEFEND OUR HOUSE' sense

- The four middle-aged women tailgating next to us each insisted on giving me a 'sympathy hug' after the game.

If you guys have any more questions I can try to remember anything else from my experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone - 

Just bought my tickets and booked my hotel for Green Bay. My friends and I are in section 133, row 5. Right in the corner of the endzone near the tunnel. Staying at the Comfort Inn...about 2 miles from Lambeau. 

Would love to get some conversations going regarding a tailgate. My friends and I are driving from Milwaukee to Green Bay, but we may just walk to the game that morning so we don't have to worry about driving home after the game. 

Styx - if you are driving from Chicago, do you think you could bring a grill? My crew is happy to provide meats, charcoal, and beer, but we won't have a grill as we're flying in from DC. 

Very fired up for this game...HAIL

I am making it as it is a bucket list item (Lambeau) that I can check off. Flying in and out of GB, but going in Thursday and taking in a couple nights at the Kholer Resort, and playing Whistling Sraits before heading to GB for Sat and Sun nights. Closest hotel we could get that wasn't completely over priced was in Appleton, about 30-40 mins away.

Up for any and all activities Sat night and pregame. Also, as we will be flying, only able to bring what we can buy there.

Looking forward to seeing all you Skins fans...and, a great game!

Oh yeah. Sec. 131 row 21, right next to the tunnel, I believe. Stub Hub, $220 per ticket. And that was a bargain compared to most of what's available.

I'll be there too, my brother in law and I are making the trip.  Flying from BWI to Milwaukee on Southwest, renting a car and driving in.  Flying in Saturday morning, coming home on Monday.  Too bad I can get to Facebook from work, I'll be checking out the fan page soon though.

Definitely looking for a Skins tailgate, if I have to I'll find a Walmart or something and buy a small grill for the weekend, gotta do this the right way!

I'm definitely planning on going. I live about an hour north of Green Bay.

Would you recommend spending two nights in Green Bay or just heading in for the game? We have a decision to make...1) hang out in Milwaukee on Saturday and head back there after the game or 2) spend Saturday and Sunday night in Green Bay.

Saturday night could just be a college football at a sports bar kind of night anyway...

I'll be up there. Parents and family live in Milwaukee. I'd recommend two nights in Milwaukee to save on costs as gb gets pricey on game nights. Be up early on Sunday. Also that game s the packers home opener so tix will be inflated.

I'm flying dca to Milwaukee and the tix are reasonable, make sure you hit up yelp for good bar suggestions. If you've never been to Milwaukee let me suggest the safe house, major goolsbys us, two normal attractions.

People in Milwaukee are loyal so don't go running your mouth about Braun, lol. But otherwise bay view water street and the east side will provide you some fun depending on what you're looking to get not.

I'd you have any questions hit me up.

I'm going to this game and I'm spending a fortune to do so.  Got my hotel room the night the schedule was released.  Staying at the HIlton Garden Inn on Lombardi Avenue.  Im sitting in Section 119, row 26.  Flying to Green Bay from DC through Chicago.  Not sure how much that cost though because that portion of my trip was a birthday gift from my parents.  I'm really, really excited to go.  Not sure what my tailgating situation will be however, may not have a car and or parking pass since door to door from hotel to stadium is about 2 blocks or a half mile.

Archived