Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update! Anyone Else Going To The Redskins/packers Game At...(Pause For Effect)..lambeau Field?

AnnapolisSkinsFan

I live in downtown Milwaukee - I'll be going come hell or high water. We're trying to get a shuttle from one of the local bars with a bunch of my 'Skins and Packers buddies from the area.

This is the home opener for GB, which means 1.) tickets are nuts expensive and 2.) it's going to be completely crazy packed.

I would highly suggest flying into Milwaukee vs. Chicago - O'Hare will tack up to an extra 2 hours to your trip with traffic, plus O'Hare is a pain in the ass to get out of. Milwaukee is worth the extra $50-100 for the flight. Hotels will also probably be cheaper than GB (GB doesn't have much in the way of hotels and they sell out quick).

More than anything - Lambeau is probably the best NFL stadium I've been to. The fans are pretty knowledgable and cordial (at least they were when I went back in '07), the sight lines are amazing (even the "nosebleeds" have good views), stadium is gorgeous and the traffic is nowhere near as bad as FedEx. Everyone should have a great time.

Can't wait to see some fellow 'Skins fans for once - I'm so used to being the only 'Skins fan any time I go out in Milwaukee on gameday, haha.

I'm driving in from Chicago with a buddy from Ft. Wayne Saturday night, leaving Monday morning. There's been several mentions of getting together for a skins tailgate. I have never been to Lambeau field and have no clue what the parking/tailgaiting situation is. Any of you been to Lambeau before? Can you recommend a parking lot?

Someone, preferably from the GB area, needs to take this bull by the horns and try to put something together. Sounds like a decent crew just from ES going, sure to be quite a few more.

This will be my first time in the area, and to Lambeau. Maybe one of the locals on here can find a lot/parking area that we could all meet up in pregame. We could then post what everyone is bringing, and what is needed.

Anyone in the GB area up to the task?

I've never seen the Redskins play live before (I live in Toronto) despite being a fan since I was 6.

I have a college buddy who now lives in Milwaukee and is a diehard Packers fan. I'm flying to Milwaukee on Saturday then driving up to Green Bay Sunday morning. My first Redskin game will be at Lambeau!

Dumb question but how does the tailgate work? Don't have them in Canada, do you just walk up with some beer and chairs? I like the idea below, figure out who brings what ...

Can't wait, would love to meet up with fellow Redskin fans. I'll be in Section 127, Row 16

I'll be there. Heading up there from Northern Va with my buddy who is a pack fan. Would love to find a good tailgate with some Skins fans. Although I've heard great things about Packer fan hospitality it would be great to have a beer or 2 behind enemy lines with some other Redskin people

Someone, preferably from the GB area, needs to take this bull by the horns and try to put something together. Sounds like a decent crew just from ES going, sure to be quite a few more.

This will be my first time in the area, and to Lambeau. Maybe one of the locals on here can find a lot/parking area that we could all meet up in pregame. We could then post what everyone is bringing, and what is needed.

Anyone in the GB area up to the task?

I've been to Lambeau about 5 times since I've moved to Wisconsin, including the 'Skins game in 2007. Lambeau is really unique in the sense that a lot of people don't park in the "official" parking lot. There's a suburban neighborhood directly across the street from the stadium where families rent out their front and back yards for parking. It's usually between $15-30 to park in a spot literally in someone's back yard. It's a tight fit but they can squeeze in up to 30-40 cars on Sundays. Nice little fundraiser.

As far as tailgating goes - I know some aforementioned families allow a car-full of folks to hang out (though I doubt they'd extend this to opposing fans). There is of course the main Lambeau parking lots - you can find parking passes on Craigslist and StubHub for this lot for between $30-50 or so.

Other options I know of:

-The Tundra Tailgate Zone (http://www.packers.com/gameday/tundra-tailgate-zone.html) which is one of the "official" tailgates with cash bar, music, games and whatnot.

-Brett Favre's Steakhouse (where I'll be - the bus from Milwaukee includes admission) - includes a package for buffett and drinks before gametime: http://www.brettfavresteakhouse.com/gameday.html

-Anduzzi's Sports Club is another good joint to pregame at: http://www.anduzzis.com

Some other general info: http://www.packersnews.com/article/99999999/PKR04/80723151/Your-guide-all-those-tailgate-parties

This is GB's home opener so expect a crazy atmosphere with a lot of drunks (this is Wisconsin after all). In general GB fans are great - if you've ever been to the Linc or the Meadowlands, you'll find it refreshing how much more tolerable these fans are in general. Of course there are bad apples everywhere but as long as you don't act like a jackass you should get along great with the locals.

Just picked up 4 tickets, middle endzone in row 50. Coming up with a mix of Skins and Packers fans in my group. Can't wait!

EDIT: I almost forgot - if you're going from Milwaukee to the game, there's a couple different options for bus trips to the game that include food/drinks/etc:

Saz's BBQ (bar/restaurant) Shuttle: http://www.sazs.com/Catering/TundraTailgateZone.html

-$85 per person, includes drink tickets (6 total I think) and a food ticket to the TTZ

Major Goolsby's (bar) Shuttle: http://www.theticketking.com/Major-Goolsby-Bus-Trip.aspx

-$75 per person, includes tailgate event @ Lambeau plus you can drink at Goolsby's before the game (bar is right next to the Bradley Center, where the Bucks and Marquette BBall play)

Lamer's Bus Lines Game Day Shuttle: http://www.golamers.com/Game-Day-Express_48_2886897370.pdf

-$60 per person (with tailgate), $35 per person (ride only) - the 60 dollar option includes a trip to Brett Favre's steakhouse before the game including all you can eat and drink. Supposedly you can also BYOB on the bus ride up with a backpack.

All the planning, and now the game is what, 3 weeks away? I CANT WAIT!!!

I got my tickets in the mail a few weeks ago, anyone else have theirs in hand? I just want to make sure what I got is legit. We'll be in the "Lambeau Leap" section, so you best believe there will be some Burgundy and Gold crashing that party!

Hotel wise we got the Super 8 in Manitowac for about $75 a night, about 45 minutes away, looks like they still have rooms available. Flying into Milwaukee on Saturday morning and driving down to GB.

I'd be willing to get a small grill somewhere, lets get this together!!

I'm also coming up with two buddies from Northern Virginia. Flying into Milwaukee on Saturday AM and making the drive up that morning. Going to be staying at the Days Inn about 2 miles from the stadium. Our seats are Section 133, Row 5. Right next to the tunnel. 

We are planning on posting up at a bar Saturday afternoon to watch college football (Alabama - A&M is that afternoon). Thinking of going to either The Bar, Stadium View, or Curly's. 

As for tailgating, we were just planning on waking up at 7 AM, shotgunning a beer, and walking to the lots. Going to bring some burgers/ brats with us and hope we can meet up with other fans and exchange some beers for their grill space. 

Would love to get a group together from ES to tailgate tho. We are flying in so won't have a grill or anything like that, but happy to contribute to the group. 

Hail. 

Hey- I could not get the other Facebook link to work- but I created this page: https://www.facebook.com/events/720314564651377/?context=create it's public so join if you want, hopefully we can get a tailgate together. We're section 113 row 30. There's a 24 hour Walmart close by to where we are staying and the stadium. We're getting in late late Saturday though, but are used to the early tailgates at FedEx.

HTTR!

2 of us are driving in from Chicago for the skins game at Lambeau. I have

a truck with a cap so there is lots of room to bring grills, canopies,

etc. Last year we went to skins game in Cleveland and someone from

ExtremeSkins.com arranged for a parking lot and told us all to pre-buy

tickets for that lot. Had a great time!

Has anyone already bought parking tickets? If not, if I find a lot who will follow suit and join us?

I am driving in from NJ. I plan on just walking from my hotel since its so close. I will probably be doing the same thing someone mentioned earlier in the thread, buying beer and burgers and walking the lots unless we can get something together here, which would be awesome. Although i am coming with a packers and and eagles fan.

I'm coming up from Cincinnati.  I fly into Milwaukee on Friday so I can see my Reds play. Staying in Green Bay Sat and Sunday. I'm up for tailgating or a Saturday night get together (or both).  Still working on game ticket.  Can't wait to see Lambeau.

Just bought parking ticket from www.ticketstaronline.com
for $30 ($25 + fees). To order call 800-895-0071 and request the ARENA
LOT, the lady was very helpful and informative. Let her know you are
with the extremeskins.com tailgate. I recommend to call instead of
ordering online. It is off Lombardi St right behind the Resch Center.
She said the lot was small enough that we can easily find each other.
Only a couple block walk to Lambeau Field.

I will have a grill and canopy/tent. You are welcome to use my grill if you cant bring your
own. For those walking from a nearby hotel, I have a locking cap on my
truck, you are welcome to leave coolers, chairs, etc. in there till
after the game.

Hurry up and buy your parking ticket before the lot is full... lets show Green Bay how to tailgate!

Just phoned the number RGIII10 gave above, and got a pass for the Arena lot. Lady there said that there are still several passes left. So, let's get this thing together and show the second greatest NFL fans what the greatest NFL fans are all about! Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

On a side note, anyone got any ideas for a bar takeover on Saturday night? Gotta get primed for Sunday!

Anyone know if there's a Redskins bar in Green Bay?

Slim chance I know, but figured it's worth asking.

I would be stunned if you found any bar in Green Bay that was non-packers. You're talking about a town of between 100k-200k people and one of the most fanatical fanbases in the NFL.

I asked this question on the FB group - does anyone have a lot number for any kind of 'Skins tailgate? My bus from Milwaukee is taking us to Favre's steakhouse for pre-game but would love to swing by a 'Skins tailgate before the game.

Looking forward to seeing some fellow 'Skins fans in Wisconsin. We're a rarity up here, haha. Should be a hell of a game.

Archived