Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7; Unemployed Has-been Quarterback Wants to Offer Robert Griffin III Career Advice

KCClybun

McNabb diligently working at competing with Laverne as the biggest dip**** to play in the B & G and eventually end up in "broadcasting."

With any luck he'll be the last, the culture change brought about in the franchise by Shanahan and Allen ought to put an end to this sorry situation.

Really wish that pair of butthurts would just go retire on some remote island somewhere together, never to be heard from again.  The last two people I want RG3 listening to are this hack, muck raking "journalist" and this has been, washed up, lazy, fat QB.

While McNabb had a terrible run with us, he's still a former NFL winning QB.  He led his team to consecutive NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance.  He played great for the Beagles.  So he has the right to say what he wants.  I actually agree with him on this one.  RG3 has had more press conferences than Kirk Cousins and it's still possible Capt. Kirk could start the regular season.  He'll definitely start the pre-season.  

It'll be so much better, if RG3 gave updates every few weeks.  This constant coverage of Robert is getting very close to the Tebow levels when he was with a team.  Some in sports media are always in the hunt to tear someone else down, but I don't think McNabb is one of them.  The man has earned a right to speak on some things.    

How in the bluest of blue hells would it be a good thing for Kirk Cousins to have more press conferences than RG3, considering how much people overreacted when Kirk was drafted?

Capt. Kirk could be our starting QB this season.  Yeah people may have overreacted to Kirk but look whose got the last word and laugh.  The backup QB, especially in DC, is the most appreciated position in the NFL.  So why not take the time to talk to our possible starter?

Hey now let's cut McNugget some slack if it weren't for his poor study habits and rubbish unprepared play, we wouldn't have a Hero the III or a Butler with the 6th rounder we got for trading him to the Vikings. For that he can say whatever he wants honestly.

This is one of the more annoying off season's in recent history. I really hope this drama ends at the HOF game when football returns.

It's the nature of the beast here in a high market city. I wonder what Andrew Luck is up too these days, probably happily tossin balls waiting for camp

Andrew Luck is probably up to being the single most boring first overall pick in NFL draft history.

Andrew Luck's lack of press has less to do with him and more to do with the fact that he's boring as hell and has the personality of a sack of flour.

Luck also plays in a much smaller media market. But seriously, I can't remember the Colts getting this little press pretty much ever. With Peyton the Colts were always big news and they were always talked about.

Luck basically gets no press unless he's being mentioned with Wilson and RG3.

Haha, dude is a goober. It's just me, I prefer the quiet. It'll never happen in D.C. though

So the story continued a little bit with a spot on PTI, where Wilbon basically said that McNabb would be a good role-model for RGIII because he is one of only 3 successful black QBs, along with Doug Williams and Warren Moon. 

He brought up race, and said McNabb is one of very few people who can give Robert advice, because fans adore black QBs when they are good, then turn on them when then are not.  And being black, he knows what Robert goes through.

I was looking for the clip, but couldn't find it. 

Tony disagreed. Said that it seemed hypocritical advice, considering the way that McNabb chased every endorsement deal while he was here, and that it seemed as though there might be some jealousy, given the way that McNabb struggled and Robert came in and had immediate success.  

Neither brought up that McNabb was so dysfunctional on the Redskins that he was benched for Grossman, which is my counter-argument for just about anybody trying to prop up McNabb's stay in DC.

Wilbon, sadly, views the world through very racially colored glasses. Having never been in his shoes, I can't really comment on why.  But he does.  My point is that regardless of race, I don't think McNabb would be a good mentor for anybody.  If you need to find a black QB as a mentor, then look to the other two guys.  McNabb wouldn't make a good mentor for a black QB or a white QB. Well, I don't think he would make a good mentor for anybody, ever.  

mcnabb is jealous and he misses the spotlight.  he's feeling useless now that his career is over and, more than anything, he craves that same feeling of immense validation he felt running out of the tunnel 16 times a year.  he doesn't know it consciously, but his deep, desperate compulsion to be of worth to someone relevant (RG3) stems from that same hole in his ego that stadiums full of cheering fans are no longer filling.

i mean, i feel bad for any former star, having to adjust to life out of the limelight.  but nobody should mistake his personal emotional needs for legitimate insight!

go away, mcnabb.   get a puppy, start a band, create a foundation -- seek validation thataway.  RG3 doesn't need your help.

McNabb diligently working at competing with Laverne as the biggest dip**** to play in the B & G and eventually end up in "broadcasting."

Really, I heard him on NFL on the phone explaining how he just wants to help RGIII grow into a real NFL QB.  I think Robert has all the advice he can handle and he is capable of reaching out to veterans.  Why, just on this team there are good role models.  Santana is one, London is another.  They didn't vote him Captain if they thought he didn't have it together.

Donovan, please find something else to comment on.  You've been at this for a couple of weeks now, and if Robert wanted your advice, he's have contacted you already.  You must be afraid your NFL gig will end if you can't find something of relevance on which to comment.  Maybe you've reached your revelance ceiling?

What annoys me is not that he wants to offer advice, its that he has this attitude like RG3 and the redskins owe him something. like how dare anyone not want to sit down with the great McNabb and hear what he has to say. You were here for one season and did nothing. And he takes such passive aggressive shots like "well i reached out but someone on RG3's side must have not delivered the memo....". Right, because it couldn't possibly be the alternative, that someone ISNT begging to line up and hear all your pearls of wisdom about how the league is out to get you and the reason you didnt succeed was everyone elses fault but your own.

Just stop dude. Go away and bother Michael Vick or something. Unless hes not returning your calls either...

Dan Graziano had a great reply to this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/51853/the-who-cares-files-donovan-mcnabb-on-robert-griffin-iii

"1. I don't care, at all, what Donovan McNabb has to say about Robert Griffin III

2. I am 1,000 percent confident that Griffin doesn't either, and he shouldn't. 

3. I don't see why anyone, anywhere would care what McNabb has to say about Griffin, because the first time we heard him on this topic he was both insanely wrong and clearly biased. McNabb's "First Take" appearance last spring, in which he deployed a nakedly obvious grudge against Mike Shanahan to assert that Griffin would be a poor fit for the Redskins' offense, completely deprived him of any credibility on this topic forever. "

This is one of the more annoying off season's in recent history. I really hope this drama ends at the HOF game when football returns.

It's the nature of the beast here in a high market city. I wonder what Andrew Luck is up too these days, probably happily tossin balls waiting for camp

Andrew Luck is probably up to being the single most boring first overall pick in NFL draft history.

Andrew Luck's lack of press has less to do with him and more to do with the fact that he's boring as hell and has the personality of a sack of flour.

Luck also plays in a much smaller media market. But seriously, I can't remember the Colts getting this little press pretty much ever. With Peyton the Colts were always big news and they were always talked about.

Luck basically gets no press unless he's being mentioned with Wilson and RG3.

I think Luck is a pretty good QB.  But he is the most BORING football player I've seen on T.V.  I remember watching the SB pre-show, and he was asked by Deion Sanders on who he think will win, and all he did was standing on the fence with his responses.  And I thought to myself "I know you're being conservative and all, but It's OK, Andrew, you are NOT going to offend anybody with your prediction.  Geez, and everyone love Peyton because he actually has a personality."

Archived