Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mad Men Season 6: We're Not At Rock Bottom Yet.

Going Commando

It also seems people think Don made Ted go to LA but that wasn't the case.  It was another in a long line of selfless things Don has done when someone else needed a chance to improve their lives.  I'm also curious---up until the Hershey's meeting, there was tension between Don and Ted but Don seemed well in control and well-liked.  Why did everyone turn against him because of one Hershey's meeting?  Or so it seemed to me.

It also seems people think Don made Ted go to LA but that wasn't the case.  It was another in a long line of selfless things Don has done when someone else needed a chance to improve their lives.  I'm also curious---up until the Hershey's meeting, there was tension between Don and Ted but Don seemed well in control and well-liked.  Why did everyone turn against him because of one Hershey's meeting?  Or so it seemed to me.

He ruined the IPO along with the Jaguar, which screwed over Joan and Cooper.

Joan got screwed twice.... ifyouknowwhatimean.  

I know I am taking this too seriously but I am pissed the way Don is being treated. I am in advertising sales myself and it really grates on me. Don built the company and his leadership has basically let Sterling and cooper do nothing but take naps in their offices.

Screw Joan, she is a glorified secretary who slept her way into a partnership and then turns on Don. F her.

Harry deserves a partnership more than Joan. Though, I think Joan is the hottest POA on TV.

F peggy, too. I love the way the Ginsberg has been busting her chops this year... (that masturbating line had me lmao).

Don rules and will be back.

Roger is still the best character on the show. Love that guy. Funny as hell and has Don's back.

I am probably in the minority but I love Betty Draper - other than her being really hot - she is so entertaining. So F'd up. Don't get to see her enough.

I'm not sure where this is going to end up but I'm definitely enjoying the ride.

The computer bit is interesting. We'll see if the drunk confrontation is foreshadowing of something else or just Don pushing his anger towards someone via the bottle.

NPR just recently had an interview with Matthew Weiner (creator/producer/writer) and it was pretty good. 

http://www.npr.org/2014/05/01/308608611/mad-men-creator-matthew-weiner-on-the-end-of-don-drapers-journey

Whoa, Ginsberg is mental. I expected more from his character but sadly, those kinds of things really do happen. Especially back in the 60s when mental illness was not as well understood. It seems like the writers have us disliking may of the characters. Everyone already hated Lou, and Jim to a degree, but Joan and Peggy were mean to Don when he came back, Megan was mean to Stephanie, Cooper is a bigot, and so on. I have a feeling this is to make Don look better when he triumphs in the end. Or is it? I’ll add that I wasn’t crazy about the 3-Way. What did it add to the story if anything? I’m sure it’s intentional but this episode had me fairly disgusted.

Whoa, Ginsberg is mental. I expected more from his character but sadly, those kinds of things really do happen. Especially back in the 60s when mental illness was not as well understood. It seems like the writers have us disliking may of the characters. Everyone already hated Lou, and Jim to a degree, but Joan and Peggy were mean to Don when he came back, Megan was mean to Stephanie, Cooper is a bigot, and so on. I have a feeling this is to make Don look better when he triumphs in the end. Or is it? I’ll add that I wasn’t crazy about the 3-Way. What did it add to the story if anything? I’m sure it’s intentional but this episode had me fairly disgusted.

I think the threesome was mainly Megan (who otherwise is getting more jealous) trying to demonstrate to Don that staying with her is better than staying in NY. Possibly her last-ditch effort to do that before it falls apart.

I remember a few episodes ago in Cooper's office, someone said something like "Lou is adequate" when referring to Creative Director. That irked me. In business, ESPECIALLY advertising, mediocrity is failure. So either the firm has lost it's will to be competitive, or they are just biding time for something. 

Everyone seems to know Don has talent, with Roger being his biggest supporter... why the hell is everybody so content with being average?? What does Cooper even do anymore? I suppose that's a perk of being a founding partner of a firm... although Roger keeps himself busy...

This was a great episode imo.  The threesome, well that was obvious that Megan was either showing Don that a] it's more fun in LA and to come there permanently or b] that with or without him, she's going to have her own fun (i.e. time to move on).  Or c] Both

It also showed Megan's jealous side as she realizes that Stephanie means more to Don than she does, based mainly on Don's relationship with Anna.  

We also got Don and Harry meeting up, then Harry providing Don with inside info so he can prepare to put himself in a position of power/worth again with the company.  Loyalty at it's finest.  I like the direction they are pointing Don's char in, which right now is up.  

He's obeying the rules (with the exception of not getting caught drinking at work the last episode), playing the company's game to not get fired, while taking advantage of info to make it more complicated to fire him.  

Also, the episode where he was smashed and woke up with no knowledge of most events and Fred gave him the speech.  This episode points towards him taking Fred's advice and just writing the ads and not screwing up basically.  I want to feel that Don sensed that even his one time drunk buddy (now sober) was basically saying, wake up dumb ass, its not fun babysitting your drunk butt either.

Good episode last night.  Don and Peggy back on good terms, although I wonder if drinking with Peggy coming up with the ad slogan will come back to bite him in the ass due to what he signed off on, or if Peggy will try and hold it over his head should she start PMS'ing again.  I think it was a weekend, not sure if him drinking then counts or not, but something to put in our back pockets.

Yeah it was good. I like how they showed that Pete, Peggy, and Don are each other's family.

I'd like to see Don find Anna Draper's niece and reform that connection but I don't think the show is going to give us that.

I'd also like to see him patch up his relationships with both Megan and Betty before the end. At least get to the point where he's friends with them.

Yeah it was good. I like how they showed that Pete, Peggy, and Don are each other's family.

I'd like to see Don find Anna Draper's niece and reform that connection but I don't think the show is going to give us that.

I'd also like to see him patch up his relationships with both Megan and Betty before the end. At least get to the point where he's friends with them.

I don't think he will patch things up with either of them (Betty being the only possibility).  Megan was there taking all her clothes back out west, was obviously offended when she showed up at the office and the secretary didn't know who she was or that Don even had a wife (I know she was newer, but Megan don't care).

Betty would be the one possibly that would patch things up to be friends for the sake of their kids.  There was the one scene where her new husband went off on her for talking about the war and telling her he would do the thinking along with their troubled daughter.  

Don did mention to Peggy in the last episode when asked him if he ever had those quiet moments at home as a family with no TV and he said something along the lines of I don't remember and that he had screwed up over the years and was still alone.  

And the last scene in the burger joint where Don, Peggy and Pete were family was awesome.  We saw Pete going at it with the soon to be ex-wife and current girlfriend, Peggy and Don patch things up and confide in each other with Megan being Megan.  

Solid gold when he pointed to the crumbs on Pete's face and he brushed them off while Peggy and him are laughing.  I took that as a flash forward of them coming full circle and being the clique within the new management/partner battle going on in the firm.  

You have Pete/Don/Peggy/Harry (adding him cause Don and Pete voted for him as partner) vs. Roger (who has Don's back) and Joan who are against Harry with Joan being against Don vs. Cooper and the other guy that took Don's place (just had a brain fart).

Bc AMC is milking their best shows for revenue. Breaking Bad went the same way. After BB and MM, all they really have is the Walking Dead.

What revenue will be different in 2015 then there will be now?  I guess they can have people catch up on things via Netflix between now and then and maybe expand the viewing base, but there also might be some people that lose interest.

I hated waiting for BB and I'm not pleased about the wait for MM, either.  I don't like the momentum being disrupted.  

I also don't really see why the show has to end, there doesn't seem to be a complete story arc like BB, when you knew it had to come to an end.  I'd love to see Don and everyone go through the 70's.  

Well, last episode was awesome!  And I love the fact that Roger took his huge balls of steel and negotiated the sell of the company so Don could stay on board.  I also love how Don hooked Peggy up prior to that with the sell of the burger joint.  As I thought earlier, Don and Megan are done, toast, very obvious.  

I don't think Don will kill himself like the guy jumping out of the window in the intro..........it could happen I guess, but I don't see him as week, I see him being the same ole Don stuck in Groundhog Day if you will (cant love right, ****s up with drinking, etc. every day is the same).

And for the record, **** JOAN!  dumb ****.

I'd be surprised of he literally jumped out of the window, the opening has always been his figurative fall(s) IMO. Which has already happened pretty much.

I could see a reunion with Betty honestly and with that a much greater appreciation for her and his children. The Betty scenes were few this season but they made sure to include Bobby being upset about constant arguing and Henry being a jerk to Betty about speaking her mind.

Also, Don seems to be more loving and caring of his kids this season. I felt like his past and upbringing, his hidden identify stuff and the constant reinventing himself and being this image played a big part in why he felt so detached to his kids and couldn't love them. I see him sort of tearing down those walls recently, accepting his past and see his children as part of himself. He even goes out of his way to call them to share the moon landing moment with them while out of town instead of drowning himself in booze and women.

That would be the happy ending I guess. I think he could redeem himself possibly re-invent himself one last time as the man he never knew he wanted to be, but always could have been; the ridiculously business successful ad man that was also a loving and successful father and husband.

Of course, he could just as easily fall victim to his numerous character flaws and end up in the gutter cold and alone. But we've seen that Don before pretty much and apart from the finality of the series ending on that tone, it wouldn't be a new place for him or the show.

Archived