Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's The Latest on Adam Carriker?

Darrell Green Fan

I hope Carricker makes it back and is ok we need him healthy. I also look for a big improvement by Jarvis Jenkins this season. This will be his second year back after his knee surgery and hopefully the confidence will be back to full go this year. He showed so much promise before the knee.

I hope Carricker makes it back and is ok we need him healthy. I also look for a big improvement by Jarvis Jenkins this season. This will be his second year back after his knee surgery and hopefully the confidence will be back to full go this year. He showed so much promise before the knee.

I caught a lot of flack on another board for talking up Jenkins before last year. But his strength is run stoppng, he has never been a collaple the pocket inside pass rusher. That is a huge need. I see by the lack of responses that the word on Carriker is a closely guarded secret apparently.

To many ads and I lose interest. Ads is something Snyder would do.

if they want money to cover board expenses I would rather see a donation button instead of all the ads. If they are trying to many money then the spirit of the founding of the board is dead

I caught a lot of flack on another board for talking up Jenkins before last year. But his strength is run stoppng, he has never been a collaple the pocket inside pass rusher. That is a huge need. I see by the lack of responses that the word on Carriker is a closely guarded secret apparently.

Really though in the 34 any rush you get from your ends is a bonus. The system is designed for the OLB's to be the sack stars.

I've never quite understood the focus on Carriker. He wouldn't even be on the roster if Haslett had not come here from St. Louis and brought him along. And on any other team, he would surely be a back-up, whether in a 3-4 or 4-3. Perhaps his only utility is as depth. Time to move on from any notions of this guy as starting-caliber.

I've never quite understood the focus on Carriker. He wouldn't even be on the roster if Haslett had not come here from St. Louis and brought him along. And on any other team, he would surely be a back-up, whether in a 3-4 or 4-3. Perhaps his only utility is as depth. Time to move on from any notions of this guy as starting-caliber.

I've always thought when Carricker was a 34 end he was a solid starter, not elite, but middle of the pack. In the 43 he stinks at DE and is to small for tackle.

I'm not sold that we will ever see anything better out of Carriker than we did in 2011, in fact that might have been an over-achieving season for him as well. I hope he proves me wrong.

As far as Jenkins goes, I hope he is back to full strength by Week 1, because all I can remember of him was every play on defense before his injury in that Ravens game, he was literally pushing his matched up lineman backwards into the backfield, blowing up plays with ease. It really was something that was putting a smile on my face.

Adam Carriker is doing VERY well and taking rehab very seriously. He's eyeing for a complete return for the season and should be out there during camp (not sure how limited though). When I spoke with him recently, he's in very good spirits and been doing the gym almost twice a day and at night at home using a device to help stretch and rotate the knee from side to side.

He talks about it every once in awhile on his show, 4th and Pain, and if you want, ask him on Twitter, @AdamCarriker94 and use the hashtag #AskAdam and every Wednesday he answers around 5 questions on the show. I do the write ups for their website and communicate with him via Twitter every so often.

I saw him at the park last week...he looked pretty bad when walking to be honest. His limp looks like it is on the wrong side of healing. I have not heard anything official or what they expect but I wasn't encouraged at all.

On the other hand when I saw Robert last week he looked great. Always seems to be in great spirits, moves around very well, doesn't really seem to be hurt at all by looking at him.

Honestly Robert and Adam are polar opposites by the eye test....

Completely don't think you know what you are watching. Carriker helped anchor the line. Inside guys in a 3-4 rarely get 5.5 sacks which he did in 2012.

---------- Post added May-8th-2013 at 10:30 PM ----------

I saw him at the park last week...he looked pretty bad when walking to be honest. His limp looks like it is on the wrong side of healing. I have not heard anything official or what they expect but I wasn't encouraged at all.

On the other hand when I saw Robert last week he looked great. Always seems to be in great spirits, moves around very well, doesn't really seem to be hurt at all by looking at him.

Honestly Robert and Adam are polar opposites by the eye test....

Sad to hear rd, was hoping he could boost the line rotation and help Jenkins develop. Good thing we have some depth there with Bowen as well.

IMO Carriker is under valued by some around here. When Jenkins has his first 5 sack season we'll all be going nuts. Carriker was a 3-4 DE, always has been which is why he struggled in the 4-3 compared to expectations when he came out. When he came here he was instantly the solid DE our Steelers copy of the 3-4 asks of the position. His good season the year before last was a result of him going for it instinct wise toward the end of the season. If Carriker gets back to that level he's the disruptive DE we want/need.

We missed Carriker when he was out, and I for one am looking forward to his return. I'm also looking forward to Jenkins making a jump this season which with the return of a healthy Carriker will be a big boost to our DE rotation. At this stage of the season our DL is looking good and as having the rotation to go all out for 60 minutes every game of the season on DL is huge, we need all our guys healthy.

Have to say Bowen is great at what he does too. Love the way he engages two guys to keep our back field clean then when the running back is going past he's suddenly not engaged and reaches to the side to bring him down. We've made moves this off season with pass rush and DB help and I'm looking forward to seeing how clean our LBers are as they rack up the stats our talented DL sets up.

Originally I felt as skinzplay did on Carriker, I just saw nothing other than an average DL. But I've been convinced otherwise. As mentioned 5.5 sacks out of a DE in this system is pretty good. And clearly they got ZERO interior pass rush last year and that simply has to change.

While I appreciate the first report by Pigs I have to go with byrd's eye test over what the player says on Twitter. This kind of backs up what I have heard, specifically that his return by the opener is in serious doubt.

Carriker is a Monster and people that do not recognize what he does in the trenches for our LBs are not paying attention. Just because he doesn't make the ESPN highlight real does not mean he's not a stud on the field. The guys up front that we have, Carriker, Bowen Cofield and Golston are the reasons why 'Rak, Fletcher, Riley and Kerrigan have the highlight real plays. I haven't been on these boards in a long time but it's sad to see that many people still do not watch the games, they prefer to watch fantasy points and recaps on ESPN.

Really though in the 34 any rush you get from your ends is a bonus. The system is designed for the OLB's to be the sack stars.

You are correct. The Redskins run the 3-4 like the Steelers. Keisel and Smith both average about 3 sacks a season. Casey Hampton has had 9 sacks his whole 12 year career.

Well guys I run an independent ISO in the Merchant Processing industry. If the board wants some information on getting a donation button put in. Let me know. I can get very low rates.

if they want money to cover board expenses I would rather see a donation button instead of all the ads. If they are trying to many money then the spirit of the founding of the board is dead

• 3 weeks later...

IMO Carriker is under valued by some around here. When Jenkins has his first 5 sack season we'll all be going nuts. Carriker was a 3-4 DE, always has been which is why he struggled in the 4-3 compared to expectations when he came out. When he came here he was instantly the solid DE our Steelers copy of the 3-4 asks of the position. His good season the year before last was a result of him going for it instinct wise toward the end of the season. If Carriker gets back to that level he's the disruptive DE we want/need.

We missed Carriker when he was out, and I for one am looking forward to his return. I'm also looking forward to Jenkins making a jump this season which with the return of a healthy Carriker will be a big boost to our DE rotation. At this stage of the season our DL is looking good and as having the rotation to go all out for 60 minutes every game of the season on DL is huge, we need all our guys healthy.

Have to say Bowen is great at what he does too. Love the way he engages two guys to keep our back field clean then when the running back is going past he's suddenly not engaged and reaches to the side to bring him down. We've made moves this off season with pass rush and DB help and I'm looking forward to seeing how clean our LBers are as they rack up the stats our talented DL sets up.

Install Adblocker or a similar extension to whatever browser you are using.  Easy peasy. 

Archived