Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's The Latest on Adam Carriker?

Darrell Green Fan

Carriker is a Monster and people that do not recognize what he does in the trenches for our LBs are not paying attention. Just because he doesn't make the ESPN highlight real does not mean he's not a stud on the field. The guys up front that we have, Carriker, Bowen Cofield and Golston are the reasons why 'Rak, Fletcher, Riley and Kerrigan have the highlight real plays. I haven't been on these boards in a long time but it's sad to see that many people still do not watch the games, they prefer to watch fantasy points and recaps on ESPN.

No argument from me bro. I hope to see Carriker rocking the B&G this season!

• 2 weeks later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1667358-washington-redskins-adam-carriker-talks-about-the-nfc-east-rehab-and-tim-tebow

JB: How are you feeling in your rehabilitation "inside" Redskins Park?

Carriker: As far as my rehab, I am going in twice a day, 6 days a week. I put in 42 hours of total rehab time last week. I'm busting my butt to get ready for this season. I am driven to do so.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/n9vlfbz?sa=0 500 lb. bench x 5 reps, wow

the 1pm redskins report on 980 says its looks doubtful  for Carriker  maybe fro entire season.Teh coach that was interviewed did not put a positive spin on his condition. They are hoping Jenkins steps it up this season

I've never quite understood the focus on Carriker. He wouldn't even be on the roster if Haslett had not come here from St. Louis and brought him along. And on any other team, he would surely be a back-up, whether in a 3-4 or 4-3. Perhaps his only utility is as depth. Time to move on from any notions of this guy as starting-caliber.

We have one already. His name is Jarvis Jenkins

• 3 weeks later...

Don't expect much from Carriker this year.  I'm just concerned about what happens if the rotation of Bowen, Jenkins, and Golston takes a hit.  That's probably why Chris Baker is taking snaps at DE.

Source?  That'd be pretty cool, I'm just wondering where you heard that from.

Don't expect much from Carriker this year. I'm just concerned about what happens if the rotation of Bowen, Jenkins, and Golston takes a hit. That's probably why Chris Baker is taking snaps at DE.

I hope Nield steps up, allowing Baker (and possibly Cofield) to play a bit at end. Now that these guys have been together a while, I think we see all sorts of different combinations on the line.

I think Worthington would have pushed Golston out of a job, but now Kedric's versatility, experience and ST play could mean a roster spot.

To the topic at hand, Carriker is a key piece for us. Shame about the setback, but hopefully worst case he gets put on the regular season PUP.

Archived