Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trench Warfare - Line Talk (Update: Matthews added, Wilborn released)

KDawg

Something to keep in mind is Leribeus hyper-extended his knee 3 days before the Titans game. He's never worn a brace in his career, and definitely looked slowed down by the injury. He seemed much lighter on his feet in pre-season games 2 and 3, so I think we have to acknowledge that the knee injury was slowing him down considerably.

That said, he still doesn't seem to be where he should be as a second year player, and that is almost certainly because of his offseason routine, and it sounds as if he's been held accountable for that so far.

It seems as though its going to take a Lich injury to see him in a real game though, so at this point all we can do is sit and wait.

That said, he still doesn't seem to be where he should be as a second year player, and that is almost certainly because of his offseason routine, and it sounds as if he's been held accountable for that so far.

I hope the upgraded facility at Redskin Park keeps LeRibeus around for most of the offseason.  I think LeRibeus has the most to gain from the new cafetaria, nutritionist and dietician on staff at all times (not to metion the new gym).  Though as others have pointed out he has started to look better recently.

As he (Ribs) is getting into shape, he is playing much better.  Which was never really a doubt for me.  It's his ability to motivate himself in the offseason that is the question.

He had a legit chance to unseat Chris Chester this pre-season coming in, and didn't seize the opportunity and showed up fat.  That put him weeks behind everyone else.

I knew Foerster would get him into shape, but if he learns to motivate himself and shows up in shape next year, the sky is the limit for this kid.

Washington – Three Performances of Note

Tony Pashos (+3.7) had an extremely impressive outing, getting an extensive workout with 55 snaps. His lone mistake (not reacting to the snap of the ball that saw his man pick up an unblocked sack) is something that is more correctable than a fundamental lack of talent. Instead, there was a lot of good from the man who spent all of 2012 out of the league, especially in the run game. When you’re as big and powerful as him then you’re a nightmare for linebackers at the second level and he demonstrated that time and time again.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/26/refo-buf-was-preseason-week-3/

I thought Leribeus was a LG, has he

played any RG this preseason to unseat Chester? and is there any chance Pathos could replace Polumbus

sooner rather than later?

Gettis has been backing up Chester with the two's and has looked pretty good. Certainly better than Josh. But Chesters been solid so there's little chance he's not starting. 

I've really liked the play of Pashos. He handled Mario Williams great as the Bills left their starters in for an extended period Saturday. But for some bizarre reason the Coaches seem set on Polumbus. He was a lot better against Buffalo than Pittsburgh. But thats not saying much. 

The front 5 looks pretty much set in stone from last year to open the season. 

Hail. 

• 2 weeks later...

They did the last few years but have reverted man/ power blocking scheme this year up front. 

But regardless, the point is valid given just how stinkingly bad our starting RT is. 

Hail. 

I guess but it is hard to compare non-elite Offensive lineman unless you are comparing the same scheme

I guess but it is hard to compare non-elite Offensive lineman unless you are comparing the same scheme

Wouldn't disagree at all. 

But to my layman's eye at least, Pashos was the better man here through pre-season. Even if he is on the downside of his career. 

Why and how Polumbus was kept, shy of continuity; is a complete mystery to me. 

Stinkingly bad? Is that a scouserism? :)

:lol: That;s a Texasism (long story) which is probably worse come to think about it. Lol. 

One day I'm gona' type like I talk just to see our American friends heads explode with no interpretar.  :lol:

Hail. 

Archived