Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we trade Alfred Morris after the 2013 season?

skinfan2k

I must have missed the great running back performances in 2010 and 2011. Whatever Shanahan did in Denver the reality here is different. Washington as a team ran for 1,461 yards in 2010 and 1,614 in 2011. Morris ran for 1,613 all by himself in 2012. Why would we even consider trading a guy that individually produced more rushing yards than the entire roster was able to manage the previous two years?

I must have missed the great running back performances in 2010 and 2011. Whatever Shanahan did in Denver the reality here is different. Washington as a team ran for 1,461 yards in 2010 and 1,614 in 2011. Morris ran for 1,613 all by himself in 2012. Why would we even consider trading a guy that individually produced more rushing yards than the entire roster was able to manage the previous two years?

Get your facts right, sir! He was out-rushed by the 2011 team by a yard and is clearly on the downslope. Diminishing returns will soon set in and they need to get some value back ASAP!

This is a joke thread' date=' right? Almo is a CORE Redskin-period. Waiting for the punch line....HTTR![/quote']

No. It was brought up on ESPN 980 radio earlier today. So the OP just started a thread on it.... By the way it would be stupid idea if Morris is healthy and still tearing up the ground.

No disrespect to the OP, but I don't have enough hands to signify the facepalm I would need for this. :silly: Absolutely, emphatically, no! We have a young RB that has proven he fits what Shanny wants to do. With that said, he has had many backs in his coaching tenure. However, when he strikes gold, he keeps them (i.e. Terrell Davis).

You might as well understand that he has once again struck gold in Morris. And before you start the Portis chatter, that was a deal that Shanny couldn't pass up (keep in mind that Cerrato, the assclown, was giving up picks and a shutdown corner like they were blue-plate specials). Otherwise, Portis is a Bronco till the wheels came off.

Shanny has been searching for that Davis-type back since he arrived in DC, and he found him in Morris. And you suggest we trade him after this season?!? Come on, dude, that ain't even a possibility. You don't trade away a guy like that who is humble, great character, and productive like Morris is at this stage of his career.

I respect fellow Skins thoughts (at least most of the time :silly:), but this is truly ridiculous. You don't trade guys who are your future and helping your team to be relevant again.

Here's to hoping Morris continues to make Skins nation happy for a long time.:)

So many Redskins fans irritate the hell out of me. Sure, lets trade away the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL. Hell, lets trade RG3 so we can build up other positions, too. Cousins can certainly step in. So tired of all the junior GMs who overthink everything. We finally get a young quality football team with a future and people want to trade them away "hoping" for something better. Gotta step away from the keyboard.....Arrrggghhh.....

Wait though, if they are better imagine the trade value they have when you compare what we got compensated for a player that is less talented.....omfg we can just keep growing talent and trading and getting better players than we have and holy crap we can never lose with this strategy......my mind is blown now at the possibilities

Did I stumble in the tailgate's Bad Idea's thread? LOL.

BADIDEAS.jpg

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 08:35 PM ----------

Man, thank you, I know I'm just a fan with a fan's POV but c'mon, this is how we thank Alfred? Rook RB comes outta nowhere, puts up 1600 yds on the way to the first div title this millenium and the response is "Hey, what could we sell that for?"

But he has a bad attitude and fights with our #1 WR in camp who is really not a true no. 1.

This idea is hopefully an artifact from a time soon to be long gone. When you have a bad team with a great player it makes some sense to trade him to try to build the team. When you have a very good team, then you keep the core together and let themtake you as far as they can.

Man, thank you, I know I'm just a fan with a fan's POV but c'mon, this is how we thank Alfred? Rook RB comes outta nowhere, puts up 1600 yds on the way to the first div title this millenium and the response is "Hey, what could we sell that for?"

But he has a bad attitude and fights with our #1 WR in camp who is really not a true no. 1.

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 08:43 PM ----------

This thread is a joke, right?

Seriously, where are the cameras?

Right, I feel like I just left the jerk store and they were all out.

This idea is hopefully an artifact from a time soon to be long gone. When you have a bad team with a great player it makes some sense to trade him to try to build the team. When you have a very good team, then you keep the core together and let themtake you as far as they can.

Clearly this shows you which posters actually read the post and just post just to post in threads

I read the thread that you wrote, thought it was a joke, but clearly you were serious. I read then were the idea came from, a radio show, it's a clown idea. Champ Bailey was not going to remain here, we got a great back for him, the Redskins are in no such position with Almo and you, 980 are crazy for floating the idea. Just be happy, The REDSKINS had the no. 2 back in the NFL. ENJOY>

Portis and Morris are two different backs. It's also a point in NFL times where the RB is valued way differently. Morris was the 2nd best runner in the NFL last year, he works well with RG3 and they're only going to get better. Under a 6th round pick rookie wage scale my answer is...

no no no no no no no no no no no no no and NO

No. It was brought up on ESPN 980 radio earlier today. So the OP just started a thread on it.... By the way it would be stupid idea if Morris is healthy and still tearing up the ground.

Not sure whether it's good or bad that the OP didn't come up with this terrible idea himself.

Clearly this shows you which posters actually read posts and just post just to post in threads

What it really shows is who likes to start threads just to start threads.

Clearly this shows you which posters actually read the post and just post just to post in threads

It is not a dumb thread. People get attached to players sometimes. I prefer the organization. I want Alfred Morris to stay a Redskin. I do not think that he should be traded unless he was in the final year of his contract, wanted big time $ and you could get MULTIPLE high end picks. I agree I don't think many people actually read your OP. They just read the title of the thread in which case I understand why they are calling this a stupid thread.

Portis was a good back and from what we have learned about him was that he didn't have a great work ethic even though he performed his butt while he was a Redskin. So Shanahan must have known that when he made the deal. I don't think Shanahan just uses up RB's and changes them every two years as the OP or anyone else wants to think. A lot of them were replaced because they got hurt. But Terrell Davis wasn't treated that way and I don't think that Morris is going to be either. Having enough quality backs to keep each of them fresh only benefits all of them. Helu and Royster got hurt and that is why they lost their position to Morris besides Morris is a better back than those two and deserves to be the featured back.

Archived