Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins RB Jawan Jamison

KCClybun

I don't see spin moves this perfect when I played Madden...

Jawan Jamison, running back, Rutgers

5'7"

203 pounds

(Link Possibly NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJdzdqonw0

From NFL.com...

ach year, a handful of redshirt sophomores declare for the draft. In recent seasons, the position to push the most players to the NFL in this category has been running back. This year is no different with Giovani Bernard and Rutgers' Jawan Jamison. The two year starter broke out early in 2012, but an ankle injury appeared to hobble him down the stretch. Although he could have returned as the starter, Jamison felt it was best to take his talents to the NFL after accounting for a large part of Rutgers' offense.

After redshirting in 2010, Jamison was a first year starter in 2011, accumulating 897 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on 231 carries. He added eight receptions for 62 yards. As a redshirt sophomore, Jamison added to his totals, rushing for 1,075 yards and four touchdowns on 255 carries. He dressed and played in every game, but there were multiple contests where Jamison was obviously limited by an injured ankle. He caught 28 passes for 323 yards and two touchdowns.

Click here for more.

I'd like to see us keep 4 RBs.

Morris

Helu

Thompson

Jamison

Yeah I'll second that. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to 4 tight ends either and keeping less receivers this year.

RB: Morris, Helu, Thompson, Jamison

TE: Davis, Reed, Paulsen, Paul

WR: Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss, Robinson

I guess these are the problems you have when you start getting depth at all your positions. I think it was Graziano that said he doesn't think Reed will threaten Paulsen or Paul's spots because he doesn't do any of the dirty work like they do and is a totally different player. I tend to agree with that assessment and could see us using him almost as another receiver so it won't hurt to keep less receivers this year.

I guess these are the problems you have when you start getting depth at all your positions. I think it was Graziano that said he doesn't think Reed will threaten Paulsen or Paul's spots because he doesn't do any of the dirty work like they do and is a totally different player. I tend to agree with that assessment and could see us using him almost as another receiver so it won't hurt to keep less receivers this year.

I think Reed will at least challenge Niles. My step-brother seems to think Niles is a "piece of ****". I don't really agree with that but I like that positional breakdown you listed. Although, I'd put Reed as the 4th TE. It would create some issues with OL depth, though.

I think Reed will at least challenge Niles. My step-brother seems to think Niles is a "piece of ****". I don't really agree with that but I like that positional breakdown you listed. Although, I'd put Reed as the 4th TE. It would create some issues with OL depth, though.

I'd actually argue it might be between Jamison and Paul for the last offensive roster spot. If Jamison can show he can play special teams well enough, that could be enough to win it for him (since that's all Niles has going for him). Reed should be a lock for the 2nd TE.

I think Reed will see the field every bit, if not more than Paul. I was simply saying that I think he fits into our offense in a completely different way than Paul and especially Paulsen. Paul is a very willing and good blocker - he is used almost entirely as a cutback or motion blocker on running plays. I see Reed being used almost exclusively as a pass catcher. Technically they are all TE's but I don't see any of our TE's performing roles that are all that similar and I think each has it's value and place in our offense.

My guess is we are going to be seeing a lot of our cut players end up on other teams' rosters this year and deservedly so.

Highlights never tell the full story but keeping in line with the tread, I really really like both of these young RB's we drafted. I think they can both add something to our offense. I love Helu too but he sure as hell better find a way to stay on the field throughout camp and preseason or he may be one of those cuts.

Over Paulsen? I have an incredibly hard time seeing that.

I really don't see the depth chart being any kind of indication of anything as far as our TE's go this year, with the exception of Davis as #1 if he's healthy. Paulsen will likely go back to being almost purely a blocker at the LOS. Davis will be the traditional TE, again, if healthy. Paul is kind of the H-back or motion blocker for the run game. Reed will almost exclusively work as a pass catcher in the slot or from the line.

Shanahan seemed to hint at some interesting formations in one of his pressers talking about 3-4 TE sets and how it can really take advantage of a defense. Paulsen has reliable hands and if Paul can get over his case of the drops, we can line up with all four of these guys and still effectively run or pass the ball.

Wow, just realized how off topic all of this is...should go in the Welcome Jordan Reed thread. I won't be posting anymore on the topic here.

Over Paulsen? I have an incredibly hard time seeing that.

Paulsen is a solid blocker but incredibly unimpressive as a receiving threat. I think Reed will see the field more than him this year lined up as a receiver in 2TE sets with Davis.

Edit- same as Moondog, let's take the TE discussion to another thread.

Rooting hard for this kid. He's entering the NFL with two years of eligibility left to support his family while his mom is undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

Then you know the guy is motivated in a good way, coaches won't have to do much. I hope he makes it!

Thanks for posting! I had not seen that many highlights of him and am way more excited about this pick now that I have! Looks like he has some moves and some toughness; not only physically but mentally too. I hope he makes the team and we keep 3 if not 4 RBs and our FB. I am also hoping for his mom. I like this draft! Some playmakers here added to our core. HTTR!!!

Not seeing a LOT of yards after contact. But then, a lot of those highlights, that's because nobody touched him.

I DID see a lot of people just plain miss him. And I DID see some serious speed.

Can he make NFL defenders miss him like that? :whoknows:

Seems worth a shot.

Edit:

Oh, and if he can catch kicks, run fast, and make people miss in space, we might have a job for him, too.

I get the allure of Jamison. Had he stayed in another year, it seems he could have really easily improved his draft stock. I get why he came out after two years. He certainly has motivation to be great in the NFL. Not sure any of that translates into NFL success, but I get the reason for rolling the dice.

It will be interesting to see what Kyle can do with multiple good running backs and tight ends now. I think having fast receivers like Robinson who can get behind their corner and occupy the safeties to keep them as far away from the LOS as possible will help open up the short/medium range plays in the middle and sides of the field.

Archived