Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Washington Redskins Regular Season schedule - Here it is

SkinsGuru

correct me if wrong. Not very sure about other teams but in our division don't we flip meetings every season? Meaning last season on Thanksgiving we traveled to the turds hole then we played them at home final game of season. Shouldn't we be at home in Oct first then at their hole in Dec?Am I nuts?

It may have to due with not wanting to schedule three home games in a row or three road games in a row.

More info here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161953/article/nfl-schedule-from-500000-possibilities-to-a-final-one

Sooooo...FINALLY i will be able to make a pilgrimage or two to Fed-Ex this season. Initially i had planned on going to Lambeau + 1 Home game, but the GB game lost a little luster to me with it not being primetime & it being so early in the season.

So all things considered...i'm already all-in for the MNF game vs SF. My question is....from my fellow 'Skins fans....would you recommend that visit #2 be the Home Opener on MNF vs Philly? Or should i make it out there for the Cowgirls game in Dec.?

I'm torn & have a couple of days to decide...

I'm also going to the game in Oakland with a Raiders buddy of mine who has season tixx. Easy drive up the interstate, family to stay with, $85 tkt...hard to pass up.

I've been to a few 'Skins games when the Rams were out here in LA, but have never even been out to D.C.

Super stoked!!! Just wish i could make up my mind about the 2nd game.

About the schedule......i love that we're gonna be on primetime as much....RGIII was born for the spotlight & will surely shine & i believe he's gonna bring the most out of his teammates in those pressure-cooker games. The only negative i have about the schedule is that a) i'm still annoyed that we play SD at home as that would have been a cool Sunday drive for that game, & B) i'm really not happy about our bye week being in week 5.

That said...i'm trying to see the silver lining in that bye situation as a buffer to help ensure that RGIII is healthy enough before the season really gets under-way.

I cant stand it either man. If everyone wants to watch RG3, go to a bar or buy NFL Direct Ticket and watch him. Forget everyone else, I want only 1pm games. Its bad enough waiting until 4:15 for them to play Sundays......
I'm kind of with you here. I love 1 pm games. But a few Monday or SNF games here and there aren't that bad. When you don't have any prime time games, that usually means you aren't very good.

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 03:00 AM ----------

I'd like if they added games every day, not just Thursdays. As for prime time, it sucks waiting around til the Skins play, but it's great having all the attention on your squad, from the preview shows to the nationally televised game itself.
It's impossible to have games everyday. Just isn't possible (logistically).

correct me if wrong. Not very sure about other teams but in our division don't we flip meetings every season? Meaning last season on Thanksgiving we traveled to the turds hole then we played them at home final game of season. Shouldn't we be at home in Oct first then at their hole in Dec?Am I nuts?

nope dont think it works like that. the season before we got RG3, we played in Dallas on Monday Night Football week 3, and then they came to DC the sunday before thanksgiving.

I'm kind of with you here. I love 1 pm games. But a few Monday or SNF games here and there aren't that bad. When you don't have any prime time games, that usually means you aren't very good.

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 03:00 AM ----------

It's impossible to have games everyday. Just isn't possible (logistically).

Yeah, you make a good point Bubble. Now that I work from home, its not as bad watching the prime-time games, because I save a lot of time not having a commute. I don't mind the first Monday night game, its at 7:30, so it will be over by 11:00. The other games though, its just really late. They should consider moving the Thursday games to Friday nights, but Im assuming that would compete with college football and probably could never happen. Saturdays are out of the question until the end of the season/playoffs due to college football, which is fine since I watch college football.

Oh well, enough complaining from this old man, I'm happy we are good enough with a player dynamic enough to be wanted for multiple prime-time games.

nope dont think it works like that. the season before we got RG3, we played in Dallas on Monday Night Football week 3, and then they came to DC the sunday before thanksgiving.

Well, personally I think the Redskins should play Dallas every Thanksgiving. And Detroit should play Green Bay. Or at minimum, each team cycles through their division, only playing a division game that day. Now that they have added the third game, other teams shouldn't care. Third game could always pit AFC vs NFC.

Sadly, too many of us are forgetting our history in primetime game: we lose! I prefer 1:00 games. We play better.

If RGIII is healthy and returns after the BYE, we will be OK. If he is out for the entire year: we crash and burn. Can Cousins help us win 2 of the first 4 games? That is the test. Can he hold the fort until RGIII returns? The early BYE gives him a chance to return. Will he be at full speed? Only time will tell.

November is brutal. But the mini-bye between a probable loss at Minn. and away at Eagles helps a little. How much will a loss at home against SF on11/25 MNF hurt us?

The final 6 games make or break the season (assuming RGIII returns at 90%). Dallas 12/22 probably wins the division; 12/29 at Giants may be meaningless. KC 12/8 (sandwiched between SF/Giants and Falcons/Dallas ) could be the 'hiccup' that frustrates all of us.

I cannot wait for MNF at 7:00 kick-off on 9/9 against the Eagles! Bratwurst and homebrew in Green Lot F!

HTTR!

Trust me, we all still have that knot on our stomachs. But last year proved to be a turning point. Dallass on Thxgiving. Giants on Thursday night for the division lead. I love where Shanny has these guy's heads. We actually have a team that ppl want to see. And most importantly, we were able to deliver. I don't doubt for a minute RGIII will be 100% day 1 week 1. We're well past the surgery. Ahead of rehab. He's already at the point where he's running on the field. It's April, we still have 5 months. I only question if his cardio will be where it needs to be.

Trust me, we all still have that knot on our stomachs. But last year proved to be a turning point. Dallass on Thxgiving. Giants on Thursday night for the division lead. I love where Shanny has these guy's heads. We actually have a team that ppl want to see. And most importantly, we were able to deliver. I don't doubt for a minute RGIII will be 100% day 1 week 1. We're well past the surgery. Ahead of rehab. He's already at the point where he's running on the field. It's April, we still have 5 months. I only question if his cardio will be where it needs to be.

We played the Giants on Monday Night Football. If it wasn't for our defense, and that fumble by RG3 that was returned for the touchdown, we would have lost the game. but we pulled off a win. I'm still kinda cautious during night games but the skins are headed in the right direction

Personally, I kindof like the way the schedule shakes up. The early bye isn't the worst thing in the world.

Philly: At home, Monday Night Football, against a team with a new coach. Haslett will have his hands full, but this isn't the hardest opener they could have had.

@GB: This is going to be a tough game to win, because regardless, Rogers and his gang are going to tear up the 'Skins D. Almost no shame in it, because they do it every week to just about everybody. But, it's better that it's early in the year than late in the year in GB.

Detroit: They should win this game, but it might be 48-45.

@Raiders: They really should win this game.

-- Quarter 1: They have 3 winnable games, 1 tough game. If they are 2-2 at this point, still doing pretty good.

@Dallas: They swept Dallas last year, and beat them on Thanksgiving and for the division. This will be a tough one, but, you gotta play Dallas twice. Might as well do it off a bye.

Chicago: This is probably a trap game. Nobody knows how good Chicago is going to be. New coach, some different players.

@Denver: This is the hardest game of the season. Up, in Denver, against Manning and company. Even if Robert is playing and is phenominal, Denver is a tough place to play and win.

San Diego: New coach, early start for a west coast team headed east. Home game after a tough week in Denver. Good team to come home to.

--Quarter 2: @Dallas is always going to be tough, and @Denver is the hardest game on the schedule. But home games against Chicago and San Diego aren't terrible. Could be 2-2 in this quarter, or 3-1. Probably not 1-3 or worse.

@Minn: I'll take our chances with AP if Ponder is playing QB

@Philly: I'll take our chances if Vick is playing QB

San Fan: This will be a tough game. SF has some weapons, and a vicious defense.

NYG: this is probably the must-win home game, if the 'Skins are going to repeat as division champs.

--Quarter 3: This is the toughest quarter of the season. 2 road games back to back, and then tough home games against SF and NYG. I predict 2-2 out of this group, but it could also be 1-3.

KC: After SF and NYG, probably a good place to take a breath.

@Atlanta: Even though Atlanta is very good at home, the 'Skins actually probably match up well against them.

Dallas: At Home. In December. Thank you schedule Gods.

@NYG: So, Mara got his advantage not by getting an early game, but getting a home game late against the 2 most probable teams to win the division. I'm fine with this.

--Quarter 4:Probably 2-2 or 3-1. If they are going to make the playoff and repeat as division champs, they probably need to go 3-1 in the last 4.

Overall, reasonably balanced, some tough stretches, but nothing ridiculous. There is a 3 game home-stand, and only 1 2 game road trip.

I like the schedule.

We played the Giants on Monday Night Football. If it wasn't for our defense, and that fumble by RG3 that was returned for the touchdown, we would have lost the game. but we pulled off a win. I'm still kinda cautious during night games but the skins are headed in the right direction

It's all blessings from the football gods. Clearly the NYG have lost their favor. Every SB and playoff squad gets a break or two during the season. Don't question it, just enjoy the ride.

Archived