Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

3 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

Really?? I would. Pretty much everday SOP for this admin. Pathetic.

Yeah, I had forgotten about the way that Obama has, on a daily basis, been sending administration officials out onto the streets of the nation, with orders to physically assault random people. 

Y'know, I didn't think it was possible for somebody to make this thread stupider.  But you've managed it.  Well done, sir. 

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Wasn't it just this past Monday that Obama shut down ES for a few hours to teach us a lesson for being fans of a team with a racist name?  Jeez, Larry get your head out of the sand.

Yeah, I forgot about than when he gave us the OLS back.  :ols:

12 hours ago, Larry said:

Observing:  I assume that the person in charge of the Obama White House's Native American Education whatever-it-was is also Native.  But the news report doesn't say so. 

Even so, admiring the notion that we now have to physically assault Native Americans, to teach them what they are supposed to be offended about. 

Edit:  I've found 3-4 news stories about this.  (I'm sticking to things that I consider relatively reliable.  It's also been picked up by lots of less reputable places.)  They all seem to be virtually the same story. 

There was a confrontation in the main room.  Dahl (the guy in the Skins shirt) then went out to the lobby.  Mendoza (the government official) followed him  ("To apologize", he says.)  Then there was another fight, out there. 

The two sides are describing things that are widely different.  And I don't see anything other than "He says, he says". 

So I wouldn't just automatically jump to assuming that it's a fact that the Skins Guy was just brutally attacked and beaten. 

Man, who do the SJWs back in this race? The Brave Defender of Native Americans Everywhere? The Native American who is also Autsitic? Man...I am willing to bet this story is not going to be picked up by Deadspin...

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I had forgotten about the way that Obama has, on a daily basis, been sending administration officials out onto the streets of the nation, with orders to physically assault random people. 

Y'know, I didn't think it was possible for somebody to make this thread stupider.  But you've managed it.  Well done, sir. 

LOL, As an Obama apologist and sycophant I understand your zeal for dismissiveness of anything negative regarding your emperor but time will tell regarding this episode. Willing to wager anything regarding the accuracy of our differing POV's?

1 hour ago, aREDSKIN said:

LOL, As an Obama apologist and sycophant I understand your zeal for dismissiveness of anything negative regarding your emperor but time will tell regarding this episode. Willing to wager anything regarding the accuracy of our differing POV's?

As amusing as the thought is, of suggesting that you START ANOTHER THREAD in which to regale us with support for your assertion that Obama administration officials physically assaulting people is "an everyday occurrence",...

But right now, I'm a CNA, caring for a gentleman with Alzheimer's. And I think I'm going to just wait, and see if this phase passes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The justices agreed Thursday to hear a dispute involving an Asian-American rock band called the Slants, but they did not act on a separate request to hear the higher-profile Redskins case at the same time.

Still, a high court ruling in favor of the Slants could bolster the football team’s legal fight. Both groups argue that it is unconstitutional for the government to reject trademark rights for offensive speech.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/29/this-indie-asian-american-band-could-determine-redskins-fate/

The Supreme Court rejected an appeal by the Redskins, who hoped to reverse an earlier U.S. Patent and Trademark Office ruling that canceled the team’s trademarks based on a policy that “prohibits registration of marks that may disparage persons or bring them into contempt or disrepute.”

In their appeal, the Redskins cited a list of ridiculously offensive trademarks, including DUMB BLONDE beer, CRACKA AZZ SKATEBOARDS, WHITE GIRL WITH A BOOTY apparel and OH! MY NAPPY HAIR shampoo. The team argued the nickname was not offensive to Native Americans, even though the PTO canceled the team’s six trademarks at the request of Native American activists who found the term offensive and, by definition, “a ‘redskin’ is the scalped head of a Native American, sold, like a pelt, for cash.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/supreme-court-rejects-trademark-appeal-from-washington-redskins-150634854.html

21 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

The Supreme Court rejected an appeal by the Redskins, who hoped to reverse an earlier U.S. Patent and Trademark Office ruling that canceled the team’s trademarks based on a policy that “prohibits registration of marks that may disparage persons or bring them into contempt or disrepute.”

In their appeal, the Redskins cited a list of ridiculously offensive trademarks, including DUMB BLONDE beer, CRACKA AZZ SKATEBOARDS, WHITE GIRL WITH A BOOTY apparel and OH! MY NAPPY HAIR shampoo. The team argued the nickname was not offensive to Native Americans, even though the PTO canceled the team’s six trademarks at the request of Native American activists who found the term offensive and, by definition, “a ‘redskin’ is the scalped head of a Native American, sold, like a pelt, for cash.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/supreme-court-rejects-trademark-appeal-from-washington-redskins-150634854.html

So what happens now?

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody seen the new magnificent 7 movie yet?

There was a scene that was so irritating because it was painfully obvious it was just an agenda by the director.

Denzel Washington was recruiting and he asked the man if he was still collecting scalps.

After that he said the government wasn't paying bounties for redskins anymore. 

It was so deliberate that it wasn't necessary and needed to be said in two seperate parts not for movie reasons but to set up the agenda.

So frustrating seeing a deliberate lie pushed over and over.

9 hours ago, redskinss said:

Anybody seen the new magnificent 7 movie yet?

There was a scene that was so irritating because it was painfully obvious it was just an agenda by the director.

Denzel Washington was recruiting and he asked the man if he was still collecting scalps.

After that he said the government wasn't paying bounties for redskins anymore. 

It was so deliberate that it wasn't necessary and needed to be said in two seperate parts not for movie reasons but to set up the agenda.

So frustrating seeing a deliberate lie pushed over and over.

The only evidence I've seen for the scalp = redskins argument was an old newspaper clipping promising a bounty for every "redskin sent to purgatory". 

Not sure how that means scalps. 

This definition will become "true" through reputation and lack or correction, much like the whole squaw thing. 

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pointing out that in the dialogue redskinss quoted, the word "redskins" could refer to scalps or people. 

And I'm pretty certain that we all agree that the term has been used to refer to people.  Although recently, not so much. 

true, but why the line about scalps directly before it.

It seemed pretty clear to me the director just wanted to make sure he conflated the two.

And ironically one of the magnificent 7 is a native American with his face painted red.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

From the link-

Tam: "There’s been a substantial amount of Native Americans who have expressed deep concerns over their name,..... "

-define 'substantial'

"..... and unlike "slants" or other words, redskin has always been known as a racial slur,.... "

-factually incorrect

".... that's what people associate with it."

Really? I thought people associated redskins with a football team. Or a potato. 

Awesome how stuff gets repeated and goes unchecked until people believe it's fact. 

Archived