Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rich Campbell Twitter: Phillip Daniels out as Redskins director of player development

Boss_Hogg

A great guy, and I hope he finds and gets everything he wants moving forward (not in the NFC East though, as some have said).

That, or if the Highlander finally hangs it up I could see him as a reasonable guy for the job. He certainly has the character for it.

Sneaky. I like that. And there isn't a guy on this team who would say no to him. But I think when he retires he would want to move to his big house in North Carolina.

---------- Post added February-8th-2013 at 08:33 PM ----------

I wonder why they didn't give him any coaching-like duties.

read the whole thread, there was a link at the top of this page (quoted from the first) where he was offered a coaching job a couple of years ago.

A great guy, and I hope he finds and gets everything he wants moving forward (not in the NFC East though, as some have said).

That, or if the Highlander finally hangs it up I could see him as a reasonable guy for the job. He certainly has the character for it.

Reed Doughty?

Sad to hear. But understandable that he'd want to pursue his own dreams.. Best of luck to you, bud!

Yeah, it sure was cool to be able to say we had a former player with a good reputation in our front office. Fun while it lasted. Says a lot about him that everyone on this board is saying good things about him. I wish him luck in his new career!

I wonder why they didn't give him any coaching-like duties.

IMO I think we're close to being able to winning it all with what we have and not much coaching changes need to happen. Im sure no hard feelings at all, he just needs to build his resume.

What a loss for us, even if it's so Phil can move on/move up and realize his own dreams in the pros somewhere. He has always shown the kind of character and maturity you want the younger players to emulate.

All I can say is good luck, thanks for everything and don't be a stranger, you'll always be welcome here Phil no matter what happens.

Yeah, it sure was cool to be able to say we had a former player with a good reputation in our front office. Fun while it lasted. Says a lot about him that everyone on this board is saying good things about him. I wish him luck in his new career!

I definitely remembered him as a blue collar guy while in our 4-3 a few years back. It was wonderful news hearing that he decided to come back to us after retiring as a player.

Heresy I know, but is there a possible opening now for Chris Cooley in PD? What are his future ambitions? Is he looking to coach? I can't see him being here in August with Fred Davis returning. It would be a shame to see him go to the Cowboys to wrap up his career.

Maybe I'm naïve but I can't see him signing with them. He'll probably try to extend his career as a player but there are 30 other teams in the league for him to pick from. We won't look at him the same if he is ever a Cowboy and it's a safe bet he knows that.

Maybe I'm naïve but I can't see him signing with them. He'll probably try to extend his career as a player but there are 30 other teams in the league for him to pick from. We won't look at him the same if he is ever a Cowboy and it's a safe bet he knows that.

Cooley looks washed. I'd be shocked if he's picked up elsewhere. Media is his calling.

Cooley looks washed. I'd be shocked if he's picked up elsewhere. Media is his calling.

Sad to say I agree. He was on the open market for at least a month last year and didn't get much interest. His production here even w Davis out and Paulson doing his best Carlos Rogers imitation was poor. I think he's not long for the league.

I am glad though that if this was his last run he went out with a playoff run

Chris Cooley has had a love affair with the media and he is very good with them, however, his media time dropped considerably last year even once he signed back on with the team. We all love Chris, but I think the only way he is wearing Skins attire this season (2013) is within the organization but off the field. Skins are just looking younger now and while I may think Chris can produce and is one heck of a team player, the team seems to have different ideas.

PD might be a way to see Chris wearing burgundy and gold for another several years.

Archived