Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Aviation experts say new Iranian stealth jet is a pathetic hoax that can’t even fly

JMS

Well, I guess his legs could slide down into the nose... but there's no way he's going to eject out of that without ripping his legs off midway down the thigh.

Not to mention where they put the radar, since they are normally stuck in the nose cone.

I give them props though, that thing would have been a great science fair project.

In the pics ASF posted, did anyone else notice that the nose says" Warning: Stay Clear"? Why would that be in English?

Yep, but then the official language of aviation is English.....but it does look like someone stole some stickers to slap on it.

---------- Post added February-8th-2013 at 03:26 PM ----------

My post is edited for clarity.

Ahh gotcha, I was a huge jet nut in high school, and I still get tooled up when new tech comes out.

And I agree, it is very sad that the Iranians would go to these lengths to get laughed at.

Ah did not know that. But yeah, definitely looks like a sticker.

Yeah, commercial aviation for the most part, my comment was a lot of sarcasm based on the English fact. I'm guessing that Iran doesn't use English in their military if they don't have to do so, much less putting stickers (not exactly stealthy) on the side of their jets.

Yeah, commercial aviation for the most part, my comment was a lot of sarcasm based on the English fact. I'm guessing that Iran doesn't use English in their military if they don't have to do so, much less putting stickers (not exactly stealthy) on the side of their jets.

I just thought it was funny that it was in English. If you're warning someone, shouldn't it be in your native language? lol

In the pics ASF posted, did anyone else notice that the nose says" Warning: Stay Clear"? Why would that be in English?

The upside down "DANGER" triangle under the ****pit is also in English.

Also, check out the video game controller stick they stuck in there.

8455810487_1922621c76.jpg

16thu8024.jpg&w=300&partofspec=1

---------- Post added February-8th-2013 at 05:08 PM ----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qaher-313

Whoever wrote this page seems to do everything but make fun of this thing. Isrealis are cracking up too.

"The aircraft is designed with extra stability and so does not need a fly-by-wire (FBW) system"

68999.jpg

Ok, so....it's an Iranian plane....so why does the nose of the plane say warning stay clear in....English?

Lol ok I missed the comments above of people responding to someone else noticing the English....I am getting senile in old age..lol

At least they had the foresight to remove the "Hasbro" label.

~Bang

Yeah but if those Iranian Jets wanted to actually fly ( if they could fly?) The pilots woiuld need to speak English to speak to air traffic controllers even in Iran, just as they would flying anywhere else in the world...

I don't think the English sticker is all that informative.. I found the leg room, size of the plane, the video game joy stick and other controls much more damning.

Yeah but if those Iranian Jets wanted to actually fly ( if they could fly?) The pilots woiuld need to speak English to speak to air traffic controllers even in Iran, just as they would flying anywhere else in the world...

I don't think the English sticker is all that informative.. I found the leg room, size of the plane, the video game joy stick and other controls much more damning.

Oh absolutely right, I was just having fun with the sticker thing. :D

Where do the guns and rockets go?

My first thought. There aren't any weapons on it.

---------- Post added February-13th-2013 at 01:48 PM ----------

Holy crap what a find.

From what I read, this model is the surveillance, but others models would be outfitted with internal storage etc.

:ols: Internal storage? Where? It already looks like there's barely room for the engine and fuel. I'm not sure where they'd put rockets and/or missiles.

Archived