Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone want a chicken? For free

G.A.C.O.L.B.

So I originally posted in this in the Random Thoughts thread, but I was advised by my favorite mod to start a thread for it here in the Tailgate so more eyes will see it. Plus I think it's been awhile since we've had a thread that completely bombed, got 0 replies and was off the first page by the end of the day. Just doing my part. Here it goes:

Does anyone want a chicken? FOR FREE. Its a small little cochin. My folks--mom and stepdad--bought a bunch of chickens about a year ago and are raising them. Unfortunately, the other eight chickens, for whatever reason, don't like this one. She's a small, sweet, quiet little thing. She sleeps by herself and twice now the other chickens have beat the **** out of her and pulled half her feathers out. She literally buried herself to get away from them. Here's a link they posted on a chicken website:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/741817/black-frizzled-cochin-bantam-hen-needs-new-home-in-northern-va

They seem to have gotten some interest there but they're asking that she be shipped. They'd prefer it be local. Where she can be dropped off.

A picture of the chicken, her name its Cat Ballou (some inside joke about my veteran stepdad hating Jane Fonda--or something):

Again, she's a tiny thing. Takes up little space, doesn't require a lot of food or upkeep and, like I said, she's quiet and sweet. She's staying in the house right now (in a little cage). She does lay tiny little eggs. They taste delicious :)

Let me know if you have any interest.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2013 at 03:14 PM ----------

Here's what the other chickens have done to her:

7QdyI7Q.jpg

In all seriousness, I don't get the chicken thing at all. Outside of the food angle, they don't have a single redeeming quality that I can see. Hell, I had a couple of pet box turtles some years back. I swear they had more personality than the chickens. But they get so damn attached to their animals. One of their chickens died unexpectedly last week. Tears were shed. Me and my brother will never let them live that down. And now they're talking about getting a ****ing rooster. Both of them are city folk, they have no idea what they're getting into. Trying to tell them but they won't listen. Have fun waking up at 4AM.

Love her name and would take her except for my 3 cats and 1 dog who would exhibit WAY more interest in her than the present situation with other chickens. Hope she finds a good home!

My sister has chickens that sit in her lap. I'll call, but the "Big one" might reject. His name is Chester, and I'm afraid he'd eat the little one.

Archived