Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports: Jets to explore Revis trade

GboroGator

Revis is overrated, IMO. Randy Moss at 34 showed him how good of a cover corner he is without safety help over the top.

Come on man lol. That Jets defense went to 2 AFC championships on his back. He's baffled a lot of great receivers. I think his issue is coming back from that ACL. Real tough for a corner

Seems like a move we would have made in the past. The article states that this move would be an effort by the Jets to bring in younger talent and depth, something the Skins have been doing over the last three drafts.

I think we should stick with that same game plan.

Didnt we give up Bailey and a second back in the day to get Portis? So they give us Revis and a second and we give them Morris. They need a great running back and hes got the stats, Shanny picks up another one in this draft. Not sayin it will happen but it has happened befor. Mike Greenburg on Mike and Mike is claiming they R only lookin for a second rounder

Kirk Cousins is worth more than Revis.

Agreed. And as much as I hate to say it, I highly doubt that Cousins' stock will be any higher than it is today (or... this year). It's a perfect storm... good QB class last season, we got him for a fourth, he played well when he was in, and this years crop of QBs he'd be a first round pick easily. That may not be the case next season.

To me, I'd start working out a trade for Cousins and Revis. If they are not interested, fine... if they are interested, I let London Fletcher make the final decision on whether or not Revis will come here and play. Like, I arrange it so that the Captain of my team gets to sit down with Revis, find out where his head is, and let him make the decision for himself whether or not Revis is healthy enough to play, whether or not Revis wants to play, and whether or not Revis wants to come here and tug at the money strings like he has the last couple of offseasons in New York.

I know it's not 100% that London is coming back, but keeping him involved and allowing this to happen will let Revis know right away who his on the field boss is and what this team is about.

EDIT: And to replace Cousins, you re-sign Grossman for one more year, and you draft this ****ing guy in the later rounds:

Aye yay yay please make it stop.

If this team makes any kind of trade for Revis we are doomed to more failure.

We need to continue to build by drafting players and filling in with low profile free agents.

Take your closet GM desires and Albert Haynesworth jerseys and go home. We don't even know if RG3 will be playing to start the season.

If he wasn't injured it would be intriguing, but coming off a knee, you just don't know what you're getting. That alone should drop his trade value.

Edit: considering he's held out for more money at least once, he does seem like the type of player Snyder would trade a few picks and give a new max $ contract. Is Vinny currently running a team? Sounds like the place for Revis.

Just a warning, remember two years ago, when the Eagles poached secondary and everyone said that no one would be able to pass on their defense at all? All star line-ups aren't always what they are cracked up to be. Just two years ago, that ex-Raider was considered the best cb in the league and the perfect cover guy. Now...

I am not in favor of a trade unless it is for conditional pick and we all know that wont happen. But for those that say he is to expensive his 2013 salary per rotoworld is

9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. 2013: $3 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis info found here under the contract detail link.

I am not in favor of a trade unless it is for conditional pick and we all know that wont happen. But for those that say he is to expensive his 2013 salary per rotoworld is

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis info found here under the contract detail link.

Whoever trades for him, gives him a brand new deal. Lock that up. Why else would the Jets want to trade him? Because he wants more money.

Didnt we give up Bailey and a second back in the day to get Portis? So they give us Revis and a second and we give them Morris. They need a great running back and hes got the stats, Shanny picks up another one in this draft. Not sayin it will happen but it has happened befor. Mike Greenburg on Mike and Mike is claiming they R only lookin for a second rounder

:wtf:

*John McEnroe voice* YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

Okay... nevermind. That's way too much money.

I'd rather sign up and coming free agents.

Makes sense to me. While we're at it, why don't we just offer up a straight trade for RG3/Revis? They're both broken, and surely Shanahan can draft another stud QB in the later rounds.

Put down the pipe

Whoever trades for him, gives him a brand new deal. Lock that up. Why else would the Jets want to trade him? Because he wants more money.

I think the Jets shop him because his rehab isn't going well.

Could be his injury is slow to mend, or the state of that franchise has left him unmotivated to work hard at recovery. Likely a combo of both.

Zero chance the Jets would be shopping the former NFL DMVP if his rehab were going well.:2cents:

Seriously guys? I love how everyone mocks Vinny and then suggested trades that only that dumbass would make.

Agreed. I think this organization is done rewarding players for what they've done for other teams.

We will if we backload the contract, restructure Moss and Hall, then release Josh Wilson and Jamal Brown.

Cap penalty is over next season, then we're rich again because of all the bad contracts we got rid of (hell we did such a good job we got penalized for it, lol). Let's please not forget this...

Also lets not forget the new tv contracts start after next season. I'm still not for the trade if it includes a high draft pick, which it most definitely will.

Really? I've never seen/heard Revis have that kind of attitude at all, except maybe with regard to his contract.

Darrelle Revis Plans Documentary to Follow His Comeback, Says ‘No Question’ He’ll Be Dominant Again

http://nesn.com/2012/10/darrelle-revis-plans-documentary-to-follow-his-comeback-says-no-question-hell-be-dominant-again/

:jerk:

Darrelle Revis or Albert Haynesworth: Who's the Bigger Dummy? (when your name is in the same headline as Albert, you got issues)

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/02/darrelle-revis-or-albert-haynesworth-whos-the-bigger-dummy/

:jerk: :jerk:

:pfft:

Seems like a move we would have made in the past. The article states that this move would be an effort by the Jets to bring in younger talent and depth, something the Skins have been doing over the last three drafts.

I think we should stick with that same game plan.

I agree, as tempting as this move would be, shanahan and Allen need to stick to there game plan and bring in 25-27 year olds for free agents and leaders from their respective teams, as much as possible, through the draft. I'm aware that revis fits the mold in age for a FA, but it also requires trading a high draft pick (2nd) and bringing in a player that is me first and foremost. We don't need that in the locker room.

Good assessment. I'd love to have him, lord knows we need help in the secondary, but it's just not feasible - even if they could make it happen, I'd be worried about the long-term effects on the rebuilding program.

how about Kirk Cousins and some picks....this draft class is light on QBs and the Jets need one.and we can throw in some mid round picks

Archived