Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports: Jets to explore Revis trade

GboroGator

how about Kirk Cousins and some picks....this draft class is light on QBs and the Jets need one.and we can throw in some mid round picks

I swear the next time i see anyone mention KC could be traded i will blow a gasket. Who is going to be the QB during the OTA's, mini camps and training Camp and are you damn sure RGIII will be ready to go by the first game? You want Grossman to be our starting QB? Kirk is not going anywhere unless the Jets go "totally stupid" and give us Revis and their 2nd round pick...the same moronic move we did giving Bailey and a 2nd for Portis.

I have to add, I am totally against trading any of our current frontline players or extending Revis' contract beyond 4 years. This a luxury exploration, not an "at all costs" necessity.

---------- Post added January-24th-2013 at 09:48 AM ----------

Oh.. And trading Cousins is totally out of the question.

We will if we backload the contract, restructure Moss and Hall, then release Josh Wilson and Jamal Brown.

Cap penalty is over next season, then we're rich again because of all the bad contracts we got rid of (hell we did such a good job we got penalized for it, lol). Let's please not forget this...

...cut Josh Wilson??? No thanks.

My max offer would be a 2nd and a 5th (we got an extra) and maybe their pick of a depth guy like Compton/Worthington/Baker/hankerson/Robinson/Helu/Royster.That being said, I dont think that will get it done. I fully expect a team with a low 1st rounder (PATS/GB/BAL/SF) to move their 1st rounder for him which would trump our offer.

I do not want any part of this. Please get your heads out of your rears and think about what you are saying. This is Vinny-like all over again, I don't care what you say. Stay the course, get good value in the draft, sign guys in free agency that FIT THE SYSTEM and are cost prohibitive and continue to bring in good players through trades that benefit us. We are NOT one player away and if anything, I'd rather continue to build the front 7 along with getting secondary help in the draft and free agency.

Is there such a thing as a lucky one-handed grab? Especially one where you catch it inbetween two defenders?

Still doesn't change the fact that is was motivated Randy Moss, when Moss was motivated nobody could cover him.:ols:

I don't think it really matters how i feel on the topic because I doubt the front office goes after him. Last time we traded for an aged veteran it blew up in our faces. Yhough Revis is better then Mcnabb I think the way we're building now is obviously better.

Bob gets some things right but when it comes to players being involved in trades he does always seem to write in the Redskins for the heck of it.

Edit: btw this is a response he had to someone and should tell you just how much he knows about Redskins.

Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob

@RealJasonClark Kurt Cousins (Some picks) for Revis... Hmmmmm sounds interesting

Don't think this would work. Rumors at this point have the Jets wanting a 1st rounder which the Skins don't have and Revis has in his contract a no Franchise Tag clause :

Jason Cole

@JasonColeYahoo

To piggyback on @JasonLaCanfora report: at least 2 teams have contacted NYJ abt Revis. Issue will be contract. can't be franchised post '13

So unless the contract can get reworked, he becomes a one year rental. No thanks

It's Incarcerated Bob, so take it for what it's worth:

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: 3 Teams showing early interest in #Jets Revis (Broncos / Redskins / Raiders) all 3teams called in Last 24hours

Bob is dialed in to the Jets. He's gotten A LOT wrong, but this is interesting nonetheless.

Bob gets some things right but when it comes to players being involved in trades he does always seem to write in the Redskins for the heck of it.

Edit: btw this is a response he had to someone and should tell you just how much he knows about Redskins.

@RealJasonClark Kurt Cousins (Some picks) for Revis... Hmmmmm sounds interesting

So, we get to keep Kirk and just have to give up his brother? As long as the contract is reasonable, why not? :silly:

Archived