Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports: Jets to explore Revis trade

GboroGator

I can't verbalize how disappointed I am to see that this thread exists and has hit seven pages.

I can't express how dumbfounded I am that there is talk of trading Morris or Cousins or anyone else.

Some of you guys are like a moth to a flame. A moth, slitting his wrists, dressing emo, drunk with depression, and with a brain injury to a flame.

Sorry when the best DB in the NFL becomes available for trade, and our team's greatest need, a few of us become interested.

Rex got Revis all gassed up. "Oh he's the greatest corner evah. in the historay of thah whole world! Oh he's the best defensive playah I've evah seen.

Now Revis thinks he can get Franchise QB money when he hits the market next year. Eff that noise. You're a cornerback. A CORNERBACK. You ain't getting QB money. You want QB money you start loosening your throwing arm. Otherwise you get CB money.

Dumb Ryan spawn is dumb.

Draft picks aside -- probably not wise to give it to him "franchise QB" money when he's turning 28 before training camp and coming off ACL surgery.

This is a classic Vinny Cerrato move, to make a trade and give him a big extension before he's played a down for us. That in and of itself should make us all second-guess the wisdom in such a deal.

RG3 for Revis

Said no one ever.

Rex got Revis all gassed up. "Oh he's the greatest corner evah. in the historay of thah whole world! Oh he's the best defensive playah I've evah seen.

Now Revis thinks he can get Franchise QB money when he hits the market next year. Eff that noise. You're a cornerback. A CORNERBACK. You ain't getting QB money. You want QB money you start loosening your throwing arm. Otherwise you get CB money.

Dumb Ryan spawn is dumb.

Are you saying he won't get it, or he doesn't deserve it? Because he WILL get it. Nate Clements did. So did Asomugha, Woodson and Bailey.

Let's not forget how misused Nnamid was in Philly.

I think that we're closer to what NYJ has secondary wise then OAK is to Philly.

True that, philly put a press man corner into zone coverage and it didn't suit him. We use off man coverage a lot because it suits hall's playmaking ability, but I'm sure we would be smart enough to change that to press man on his side at least.

Said no one ever.

Are you saying he won't get it, or he doesn't deserve it? Because he WILL get it. Nate Clements did. So did Asomugha, Woodson and Bailey.

Revis is not gonna get 20 million a year in base salary like Brees or Manning. I sure do not think he's worth that much. A cornerback's influence on the game is very limited compared to a QB.

Nnamdi, the highest paid corner in the league, got 11 million in base salary in 2012. Tell me if you think he's worth that much.

Revis is not gonna get 20 million a year in base salary like Brees or Manning. I sure do not think he's worth that much. A cornerback's influence on the game is very limited compared to a QB.

Nnamdi, the highest paid corner in the league, got 11 million in base salary in 2012. Tell me if you think he's worth that much.

You are correct. Isnt he coming off of ACL surgery? His knee is more important than a qb's knee. He has to cover WRs... His speed was his biggest asset.... However with recent advances in acl techniques its possible he's worth it and someone may pay him... He's still a question mark

Not saying that I am for the trade, but hypothetically if we were to pursue a trade the only player that would remotely make sense to trade is Orakpo. The Jets have been dying to have a quality pass rusher and there is a lot of depth in terms of finding a pass rusher in this years draft to replace Orakpo. A guy like Devin Taylor from South Carolina comes to mind. 6'7 yet extremely athletic. Dominated in the senior bowl game that he was invited to and could translate to be an even better 3-4 OLB. He'll be there in the 2nd and maybe 3rd round

I can't verbalize how disappointed I am to see that this thread exists and has hit seven pages.

I can't express how dumbfounded I am that there is talk of trading Morris or Cousins or anyone else.

Some of you guys are like a moth to a flame. A moth, slitting his wrists, dressing emo, drunk with depression, and with a brain injury to a flame.

I agree and what's even more idiotic in this thread is not only do they want to trade a player for Revis, they want to give away our PICKS in addition. Like the Portis trade. Have none of you learned anything? Are all of you distant relatives of Vinny Cerrato? STOP giving away our godamn picks. We are finally using the draft to build a base with depth and are finally using free agency the way it is supposed to be used by supplementing the draft and getting young, hungry free agents who come here to not break the bank and all you dunderheads see is a name. We could literally get 3 cornerbacks for the price it would cost to bring him here. Please use the grey matter that the lord gave you, just for once.

---------- Post added January-25th-2013 at 09:27 AM ----------

Then let someone else be a sucker.

Alfred Morris is a great player, but he also plays the NFL's most expendable, most replaceable (especially given our coach and system) it's least durable, and arguably it's most non-impact skill position. Revis when healthy is far and away the best player at one of the top 5 most important positions in the NFL.

Morris for Revis straight up is grand theft for our side if you ignore the contract and the ACL. As it stands with those factors, Morris for Revis and some sweetener is a fair trade.

"if you ignore the contract and the ACL" ~ That is funny, but your value in Morris is just sad. RGIII is really something else, beyond great IMO... But the edge he got on defenses was largely due to Morris and not only his ability to run a ball but HIS ABILITY to run you over.

I understand your point about Shanahan being able to utilize different RB's... But where has Hightower been? Or Helu? Injured, like the majority of the generalized class of RB's in which you are absolutely right...

Pass on anything that subtracts from this team. There is a lot of added value to and should be added interest with, the players who were drafted by us.

Our front office is actually competent now, and has IMO done an excellent job with the draft and I want it to continue THIS way.

Wonder if we could sign him to a one year contract until cap space opens up? Or a multi year contract with big money in years 2-4? Jets might accept trade for 'Rak or Cousins but I'd hate to lose either one...perhaps Davis and a second rounder instead?

I guess no one read my previous post which should have ended this conversation in the first place.... so i'll post the news again...

Jets | Looking for two top picks for Darrelle Revis

Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:07:12 -0800

The New York Jets are believed to be asking for a first-round and second-round draft choice in a trade for CB Darrelle Revis.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2J1eraKyB

I guess no one read my previous post which should have ended this conversation in the first place.... so i'll post the news again...

Jets | Looking for two top picks for Darrelle Revis

Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:07:12 -0800

The New York Jets are believed to be asking for a first-round and second-round draft choice in a trade for CB Darrelle Revis.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2J1eraKyB

Good luck Jets! No one is gonna give that up for a 1 year rental coming off an ACL injury

Alfred Morris is a great player, but he also plays the NFL's most expendable, most replaceable (especially given our coach and system) it's least durable, and arguably it's most non-impact skill position..

This logic about Morris doesn't seem right. If its so easy to replace a 1,600 yard back why have the Redskins never had one until now?

This logic about Morris doesn't seem right. If its so easy to replace a 1,600 yard back why have the Redskins never had one until now?

You're trying to replace the player. That's the wrong way to look at it, unless you are trying to sell jerseys.

How many rushing yards did we have last year from the RB position vs this year from the RB position? After you look up the answer, what would make you think we couldn't get that again next year without Morris?

And BTW, I wouldn't trade Morris for Revis. Just because Revis is a player I don't want on this team. However, I would trade Morris for a high draft pick.

You're trying to replace the player. That's the wrong way to look at it, unless you are trying to sell jerseys.

How many rushing yards did we have last year from the RB position vs this year from the RB position? After you look up the answer, what would make you think we couldn't get that again next year without Morris?

And BTW, I wouldn't trade Morris for Revis. Just because Revis is a player I don't want on this team. However, I would trade Morris for a high draft pick.

The reason you hold on to Morris is that there is no other back on this roster that is as effective as he is. Royster was overrated from day 1 imo and he contributed nothing this year. Helu fumbles and is injury prone. If you trade Morris for a high draft pick you have to turn around and draft a RB with that pick which is a pointless cycle.of events.

Now he could find another late round gem, but that's always a gamble. You risk having a strength potentially become a weakness. Morris is very young and is among the best in the league. No reason to change that.

Archived