Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Following. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Kilmer17

I thought the did...

Thought the episode was ok. Still get frustrated with how stupid they make FBI and SWAT look.

No ****. Like there'd be one SWAT dude wandering around alone in the basement, or just break people out of a cell o his own, given all that's known to date on the enemy. Hell, they didn't even treat the site like it might be wired for explosives to wipe out any SWAT/HR team invading the premises (and it was even pretty stupid plot-wise that it wasn't given how much trouble/detail/prep the cult goes to in every other matter---you'd figure they'd have every place they gather mined to inflict maximum damage if ever found). I've been too kind the more I think about it. The show is simply bad, and a waste of some good actors. I think next week will be my last extension of grace.

Now Justified season finale was awesome (like the series has been again all season).

Monday's episode was good. But overall, I'm still wondering where the show is going. It seems pointless and is just meandering along. I do wish Jacob would just kill Emma though. It's only fitting that he would. I'll keep watching it until the end since I've taken it this far. But I don't rearrange my schedule to watch this show.

Yeah that's my thing too. Not really sure where they're trying to go with the plot.

Yeah that's my thing too. Not really sure where they're trying to go with the plot.

I just saw an ad for the show, and it featured a whole bunch of positive one or two line reviews from various media ...they went by fast and the only source I identified was huffingtonpost. But it made me wonder, is the series getting a lot better critical acclaim than I realized?

I just saw an ad for the show, and it featured a whole bunch of positive one or two line reviews from various media ...they went by fast and the only source I identified was huffingtonpost. But it made me wonder, is the series getting a lot better critical acclaim than I realized?

I gave up on The Following after the 4th episode. The writing is almost comically bad and I felt it was insulting to the viewer as to how horrible the plot lines are etc.

Jumbo, have you watched The Americans? IMO, it's the best new show on TV and it's a stark contrast to The Following as far as script, the acting, and plot. The show hasn't had any hiccups and it's a complex love story wrapped up in espionage. I love it.

I meant to be on board with the Americans from the get go, but after watching the first episode I just fell off. At this stage in my life, particularly having moved to the entertainment wasteland (barring outdoors stuff) I live in now for an undetermined time, I am watching a ****load of TV but I deliberately don't DVR. I do plan to catch up on it.

I wasn't going to watch this show after the first episode, but like others, have no other activities going on in my house Monday night at 9pm :ols:

I've relegated my watching to cleaning the house and vaguely paying attention during the show. I just can't handle the chronic ineptitude displayed by all levels of law enforcement. It feels reminiscent to 24 where I stopped watching because the profuse stupidity displayed by the show's primary female characters, week after week after week. Most notably, Elisha Cuthbert or whatever her name is.

The Americans, I love. DVR this every week, but am usually there to sit down and watch it live.

No ****. Like there'd be one SWAT dude wandering around alone in the basement, or just break people out of a cell o his own, given all that's known to date on the enemy. Hell, they didn't even treat the site like it might be wired for explosives to wipe out any SWAT/HR team invading the premises (and it was even pretty stupid plot-wise that it wasn't given how much trouble/detail/prep the cult goes to in every other matter---you'd figure they'd have every place they gather mined to inflict maximum damage if ever found). I've been too kind the more I think about it. The show is simply bad, and a waste of some good actors. I think next week will be my last extension of grace.

Now Justified season finale was awesome (like the series has been again all season).

:ols:

I said the same exact thing when the 1 SWAT guy was down there. No way would just 1 of them be down there..and when they tell everyone to backoff when they are following the car....then it takes them 30 mins to catch back up and get to the place or whatever...just have to take the show for what it is i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched every episode of the show so far and all I have to say is this - it's entertaining, and has had quite a few legitimately good and unpredictable plot twists. That alone, for me, has been worth the price of admission.

Kevin Bacon has done a good job, the rest of the characters, when its all said and done (even Joe Carroll. to some extent) are entirely forgettable.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked last weeks episode. The attack in the shelter was pretty cool and so was the glimpse into his fathers killers death.

I think that this week will end up being a pretty good season finale, I just hope that they dont leave Joe Carrol alive. It will be interesting to see if Hardy is forced to choose between saving Claire and saving Agent Parker.

I thought Monday was typical of how bad the show has become. I fast forward through most of it these days but watched the shelter scene. Just too much incompetence to be a good show.

Lazy scripts,etc. ....the quality isn't on par with what we see on Showtime, HBO, etc.

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 02:29 PM ----------

I think that this week will end up being a pretty good season finale, I just hope that they dont leave Joe Carrol alive.

Joe Carrol is the show....no Carrol and the show ends. That is a big problem with this show. Unlike shows like Dexter which can have a new bad guy each season, this show is based around Carrol's cult. They handcuffed themselves.

I've been a longtime defender of this show, but I am ready to admit what others have been saying for awhile. This show had mounds of potential and it just hasn't lived up to them. With it's emo themes and poor writing this show seems better suited for the CW than FOX. Shame because I really liked Kevin Bacon doing TV work.

Yeah there is no way I'm giving this show a chance next year. I get suspension of disbelief but the writing on this show is just awful.

A shame because Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have been really good in their roles.

Purefoy is the only reason my wife and I keep watching. The guy is such a good actor and is carrying this show. He would be a great bad guy on something like Dexter.

So the finale is tonight. I know that it wont happen, but what if Carrol kills Claire and that sends Ryan into a rage where he becomes the killer next season?

I, for one, am hoping this is what happens.

But my guess is that the younger FBI agent is a Follower and enables Carroll an escape.

Archived