Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the first time I have been disappointed in RGIII

mudhog

The whole world would have called him a coward.

He's the son of military parents and the whole world would have called him a coward.

There was no way he was going to take himself out. I think it's completely unfair to expect him to do so.

In the Art of War Tsun Zu: “All warfare is based on deception…If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight, and if not split and reevaluate.”

The proverbial enemy here is a torn ACL..a very tough opponent that no game planning can defeat....btw that is from the old movie Wall Street....Bud Fox

In the Art of War Tsun Zu: “All warfare is based on deception…If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight, and if not split and reevaluate.”

The proverbial enemy here is a torn ACL..a very tough opponent that no game planning can defeat....btw that is from the old movie Wall Street....Bud Fox

Can Tsun Zu run a Read/Option??

Sign him up!

Can Tsun Zu run a Read/Option??

Sign him up!

Actually Redskins One is already on rout from the Andrews Institute to pick up Tsun Zu....of course after picking up Vinny C who will be negotiating a cap friendly contract similar to the one Fat Al Haynesworth signed...

We saw early in the thire quarter that RGIII wasn't getting it done. I don't want to get into the bricks with this, but it was on RGIII to take himself out at that point. He couldn't move, he couldn't set and throw and he just left too much on his shoulders that didn't have to be there had he given the green light to Cousins, to come in and compete.

Not being a hater and I don't think I will come across that way. Just stating what everyone in the room THOUGHT a winner like RGIII would do. We thought he would not let ego take over a decision that was so obvious. Please let me know how you feel.

Doughty was a beast though. Gotta love the Doughty.

Hail

Above is the original post for this thread.

This thread has been around for a while. The thread is disappointing. Hail to the Redskins. Get well RG3 . We appreciate all you have done for our team, and look forward to a great future with the Skins.

We will all be praying for a speedy recovery & at least another decade of Redskins games...He'll be back faster and stronger! I tore my ACL and MCL in 2000 while playing flag football....I shaved off time on my 40....ran a 8.6 40after the injury.....

We will all be praying for a speedy recovery & at least another decade of Redskins games...He'll be back faster and stronger! I tore my ACL and MCL in 2000 while playing flag football....I shaved off time on my 40....ran a 8.6 40after the injury.....

8.6 40?

did you mean 5.6?

I just refuse to understand why there is this desperate need to assign blame here. It's disgusting, honestly. We just can't help ourselves, can we?

Robert and Mike were both in the heat of battle. Robert kept insisting to stay in even though it was clear he couldn't operate right and Mike decided to stay loyal to him because it meant so much to Robert to stay in. Again, they're in the heat of battle. Mike may have kept telling himself "ok, this might be the drive he gets it together, I'm gonna trust him here". Seriously, does that not account for anything with you guys?

Why am I even posting about this? I'm such a fool.

We have to blame people here. It's somebody's fault. There has to be an explanation, and somebody has to be responsible for any decision that doesn't work out in our favor. Sometimes I wonder if I'm posting on Extreme Skins, or if I'm posting on Extreme Whiny Girls Who Just Got Felt Up at the Prom.

Keep screaming your incredibly sane opinions, TSO. People like myself enjoy reading them. :)

Because an easily preventable mistake was made that at the very least contributed to a playoff loss and may put next season at risk.

Easily preventable is ridiculously debatable as proven a million times in this thread. It's so easy to sit here after the fact and question everything. Had RG3 not re-injured himself in the 4th quarter and led a comeback, you would be one of the only voices of dissent. The mistake made was one of loyalty in the heat of battle. Boo hoo.

Easily preventable is ridiculously debatable as proven a million times in this thread. It's so easy to sit here after the fact and question everything. Had RG3 not re-injured himself in the 4th quarter and led a comeback, you would be one of the only voices of dissent. The mistake made was one of loyalty in the heat of battle. Boo hoo.

After the fact? Nope, sorry it was painfully obvious during the game long before the 4th and many (if not most) in the game day thread said as much. This isn't hindsight or Monday morning QB so you can drop that. The concern wasnt that he'd further injure himself as much as he was clearly too injured to help the team win.

This constant "if we had won" alternate reality argument is ridiculous. What if Cousins had Coe in and won, would you be here ****ing that Shanahan failed to show "loyalty in the heat of battle"? Truth is you just agree because he's the coach and agreeing is what you think support means. I don't. It was the wrong damn decision, it was easily preventable, and the consequences are too big to simply brush away in the name of being a good little fan.

I don't think Mike should be fired but I think coach and the team needs to lose the trust for RG3s self diagnosis. They need to embrace the responsibility they ignored on Sunday that they decide who plays and that those decisions are based on sober cold reality not overly dramatic jumbo jumbo like loyalty in the heat of battle.

A true leader does what's best for the team. He doesn't give a damn about the criticism of idiots who make judgments without having the facts.
Isn't decision making one of your criteria for determining the quality of a QB?
The QB is responsible for decisions made during the play.

In Cutler's situation, only he could know whether he could perform competently with a damaged knee. So, the coach's decision relied on him being truthful for the good of the team.

In Robert's situation, the responsibility was entirely Shanahan's. He knew the facts. He blew it. Robert wasn't thinking "team first." So, while that attitude isn't what you want, he can't be blamed for the call because It wasn't his call to make.

I think a lot of people were and are afraid for RG3. The firestorm after the game was because what people saw on TV and what happened was horrible. RG3 has, obviously, a great tolerance for pain. He is not afraid of pain. He wants to win, and is willing to give it his all for that. We are not disappointed in that. It is something most of us don't have, and don't even understand.

He always said, after the initial LCL injury, that he knew what a torn ACL felt like and this is not that type of injury. I believe that when he told Shanahanc that he was hurt, he was referring to the LCL, and that he was not injured, he was referring to the ACL patella graft. We all saw/believe that he reinjured the LCL in the first quarter. Shanahan saw it. He didn't believe it, I guess. I think RG3 felt he could continue with that, since he had been dealing with that same type of feeling for a month. The patella graft tear came on the last play. That is, I think, a fact. It can be confirmed by Dr. Andrews when he takes it out. Just ask him if it was one tear or two.

I am not disappointed in RG3. No one in my family is, either. We support him in total. This is a case where the coach, admittedly, did not understand the psyche of his player. That is the coach's job. But, I don't think it is in his make-up.

It is disappointing. We can assign blame. RG3. The coach. The other coaches. The doctors. The trainers. The referees. His teammates. His family. The owner. The fans. Our culture. If there is blame, there is no end to the blame. Get over it. IT is disappointing.

Not disappointed in him. Disappointed in his decision to try to play. It was obvious beginning with the Philadelphia game that he wasn'1 100%.

I see alot of comparisons to Cutler in here and some saying people would judge him as a coward or soft. IIRC, Cutler looked fine in the game. Then halftime came. There was a report that he hurt his knee. Cutler tried to play, but was very ineffective (much like Griffin was). He took himself out, but I'm sure the coaches had something to say about that also.

Cut to the Baltimore game. Griffin gets injured. Comes out, then comes back in. He's clearly VERY hurt. He tries, but collapses. He waved to the bench that he couldn't go on. He later said, he had to take himself out because he was no good to the team.

So what's the difference? Both players got hurt. Both players tried to make it a go. Both players took themselves out. I for one have never said that Cutler quit or "wussed out." A man has to know his limits. I just wish during the week that we played Cleveland that they would have done a full assessment of his knee and maybe shut him down for the year.

An NFC East title and wild card loss in hindsight was not worth losing him to future seasons. We weren't even supposed to make the playoffs in the first place. I would not have thought anything less of Griffin if he had taken himself out at halftime. To me, he gave it a go and it didn't work. No shame in that. Now, he's risked the first part of next season. That's what I'm disappointed in. Not the man, but the decision.

Now, the Redskins are saying that he was seriously injured on that sack right before the last play, not earlier and not on the last play. That does make sense. With Griffin's knee already hurting, and he was able to get up, it would have been difficult for him to fully assess the situation. So, I really do think we need to give him a pass.

All players play with injury. It is up to the coach to make decisions on who is in the game.

I appreciate RG3s last Twitter before the surgery this morning: "Thank you for your prayers and support. I love God, my family, my team, the fans, & I love this game. See you guys next season."

Let's thank him and give him and the Redskins our support. We are fortunate to have had him as our leader this past year, and we should look forward to a great year next year, with him as our leader again. Hail to the Redskins!

This thread is retarded.

You get to this point because of the guy, and all of the sudden all you armchair gm's want to pull him in hindsight... with a 14-13 lead at the half.

RG3 is the reason the skins were in the playoffs, and you people want to stab him in the back and pull him?? get a clue people..

are you kidding me? what? Cousins coming in for Griffin and winning in the Baltimore game doesn't matter?or Cousins overwhelming control and win in the Clevealand game was a dream? It took our defense to step up and it took all 53 palyers and our coaches to win those games. Some bozo said a 50% RG was equal to a 100% Cousins. What a crook, get rid of this man love and get real. He was less then 50%. he couldn't pass as well as run and look what we got, NOTHING for 3 quarters. Its not about the player its about the team.

are you kidding me? what? Cousins coming in for Griffin and winning in the Baltimore game doesn't matter?or Cousins overwhelming control and win in the Clevealand game was a dream? It took our defense to step up and it took all 53 palyers and our coaches to win those games. Some bozo said a 50% RG was equal to a 100% Cousins. What a crook, get rid of this man love and get real. He was less then 50%. he couldn't pass as well as run and look what we got, NOTHING for 3 quarters. Its not about the player its about the team.

Did you see what Big Ben was able to do when he was hobbled? RG3 deserved a chance.. but I would have yanked him earlier. Hindsight is 20/20

Its not about the player its about the team. Boy fans stick to that so much they're more than happy to stab players in the back when they're mad we lost.

You would think the anger would just be at Shanny or Andrews for letting him play too long. Nope. RGIII gets blamed too for not being a "true" leader.

The snakepit comparison made earlier really does apply.

It's desperately sad that this is how the season ends, not reveling in what was but in turning back into the same snakepit we've been for years. I guess things really didn't change quite as much as we liked to think they did.

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

I don't blame RG3 at all. He's a leader, and he's supposed to project the desire to do everything he can for the team. Shanahan's job was to remove him from playing regardless, protecting his status as leader and captain while also protecting his health. He failed to do that, and these are the horrible consequences of it.

Who cares if Shanahan would've been criticized for pulling him for Cousins? He's been criticized anyway, and at least RG3's knee would be healthier than it is now and we had a better chance of winning with Kirk under center at that point.

In my humble opinion, I think all this is a blessing in disguise in two ways; 1) RG3 showed that he would take a bullet for the team. That is what leaders do and it should solidify his leadership of the team along with the players going all out for him. And 2) and this is just a hunch, I think his knee will come back stronger than ever and were he not to have surgery now, I have the feeling (and nothing to base it on other than my own instinct), he would have needed knee surgery sometime next year. I do not think him being benched and just healing over time would have secured the knee and he, today, got the knee properly repaired by the best medical professional and I feel he will be sound next season to do whatever he chooses to do and however he chooses to play.

In my humble opinion, I think all this is a blessing in disguise in two ways; 1) RG3 showed that he would take a bullet for the team. That is what leaders do and it should solidify his leadership of the team along with the players going all out for him. And 2) and this is just a hunch, I think his knee will come back stronger than ever and were he not to have surgery now, I have the feeling (and nothing to base it on other than my own instinct), he would have needed knee surgery sometime next year. I do not think him being benched and just healing over time would have secured the knee and he, today, got the knee properly repaired by the best medical professional and I feel he will be sound next season to do whatever he chooses to do and however he chooses to play.

...slow clap.....

I agree. Well said. Cheers to our LEADER Griff and his heroic effort. Moving on....hows that draft class look?

Senseless and SELFISH!

Both RG III and Shanny ought to be ashamed of themselves. I love what RG III Has done for the Skins. But, it's unconscionable that he would risk his health and the game when he knew all along that he wasn't ready to go after the 2nd scoring drive.

The long term implications of this stupidity are HUGE! We mortgaged the farm to draft RG III, and he may never be the same again!

Hate saying this, but we do need to look for a decent backup for Kirk Cousins, who will be our starter coming 2013 opening day.

Archived