Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next year, we are going to be great!

storretti

It seems like the core of the team will not be satisfied with this season. I believe that they will work hard in the offseason to improve. The CAP penalty and lack of a first round pick will prevent them from making a big step forward, but they will be better. The next year is where the dynasty is made...

Considering some suggested that we had no chance of competing till 2013 or more likely 2014, I would say this year was a great success and next year is looking bright.

We have some spots to fill in. We need to upgrade the secondary, without question. We need to possibly look into MLB. And we need to look at a RT. But I think we have a lot of pieces in place to repeat in the division next year and be a bigger threat in the playoffs. In a lot of ways, I view our exit similar to the 2009 Packers. A disappointing exit...but the beginning of something special.

No we aren't.

It's a fallacy that we'll "be healthy." Everyone gets guys injured every year. Pretty good chance guys who were healthy this year will get hurt next year, and vice versa.

That's not even factoring in RG3 who will likely be out the first month of the season(at least).

My god man. Give it a rest. Every thread, and I mean every thread you have a negative post in. You're mad, but give it a rest!

I take nothing for granted and assume nothing. See Detroit from last year to this year.

And with this QB that's shown a propensity to get injured, I'm gonna be on pins and needles every week.

1999... 2000 was gonna be great, so i agree with the caution.

we shall see how it goes. this has a better feel than 1999-->2000 did.

It really depends on RG III's health. A torn ACL would mean Cousins would be the QB for at least the first month of the season. Hopefully, it isn't. For a playoff team, there is still a lot of questions including what upgrades we are going to make to the defense.

Rg3 should have 2 focuses this season, 1) getting healthy and 2) working with the team throwing traditional drop back passes with PA. We know what he can do wi the option/ PA looks but he has to develop the drop back game so we can be more effective when teams take out the run or when there isn't a run threat like on 3rd and long.

If he does that and we improve the Defense some and have a nice draft, I think the sky is the limit.

I also want to see us run the offense Kirk ran against the Browns. That should be the offense RG3 runs next year. Maybe a read option here or there to keep the defense honest but I'd be fine not seeing it at all and letting Griffin use his running on scrambles when nothing is there too.

We knew that coming into the draft that RG3 was going to be at a greater risk than most QBs to get injured. This probably won't be the last time he'll be injured, we just gotta accept that. The timing of the injury this year was really unfortunate. It sucks but we just gotta hope he plays as smart as possible with his body but at the same time, not be afraid to make the big play with his feet if it's there. We're always going to need a decent back up with Robert which is why I'm glad we still have Cousins under contract for a few more years. I'm against moving him for draft picks.

Okay I'm coming down off the ledge and looking forward to next year now.

Orakpo, Freddy D, Carricker, Meriweather, and a fully healed Griffin coming back. We will be good again next year! Time to look forward to our next run. This team was close, hopefully next year we take the next step.

I believe it!

No we aren't.

It's a fallacy that we'll "be healthy." Everyone gets guys injured every year. Pretty good chance guys who were healthy this year will get hurt next year, and vice versa.

That's not even factoring in RG3 who will likely be out the first month of the season(at least).

Our best pass rusher missed 14 games. Our QB was hurt for 4 and missed 1. Our top WR had a half-broken foot since week 1. Our franchise LT played hurt and probably could have missed games if he had been any more hurt. Those are 4 of our 5 most valuable players. Whatever injuries happen next season can't be a whole lot worse than they were this season.

No we aren't.

OK Mr Negative, there are plenty of Cowboy fans to join up with, sheesh

Will [know] tomorrow, but he walked to podium without a limp

Thanks for that. My failure to read carefully almost gave me a heart attack.

Hopefully he is okay. I assume he aggravated the existing injury, a new or more serious injury would scare me. Hopefully nothing is torn.

Whatever it is, I am sure he will have the best doctors in the world. Get well RG3!

I can't imagine he would have been able to walk off the field if it was ACL, but the kid is pretty tough so who knows.

Anyways, I think a lot has to happen for the Skins to be great next year.

I hope the team learns from this and grows, but there is no guarantee. Every team has question marks, even the super bowl winner so each year is it's own challenge. I think we definitely have a team to be proud of moving forward, and to me that's all I can hope for.

I hope rg3 is ok, but that knee bent funny. I hope the drama that roles out over the next week doesnt destroy the idea of teamwork the team has right now, but it might. I hope that rg3 doesn't have a sophmore slump, but he might.

At least our division is in a state of rebuilding, but we have a head start.

We need some better Defense is what we need, and another receiver.

I think having Orakpo and Meriweather back will help a lot on defense. I would like to bring in some corners and safeties though.

I am actually pretty happy with our WR's, although I would not be opposed to bringing in competition or even a big name. I think the return of Fred Davis will help our passing offense a lot.

1999... 2000 was gonna be great, so i agree with the caution.

we shall see how it goes. this has a better feel than 1999-->2000 did.

2000 was playoff season until we signed all those big names past their prime. With Vinny not around, can't see this happening again. Future looks bright.

Archived