Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next year, we are going to be great!

storretti

I think having Orakpo and Meriweather back will help a lot on defense. I would like to bring in some corners and safeties though.

I am actually pretty happy with our WR's, although I would not be opposed to bringing in competition or even a big name. I think the return of Fred Davis will help our passing offense a lot.

I agree with all you said. We still need another WR opposite Garcon. It maybe overkill but we need deep threat. The other Wideouts are just not consistant enough although Moss helped us out on 3rd downs a lot. TY Hilton for the Colts had a awesome season for a rookie and would hope if we didn't get a FA WR try to get someone similar like him in the draft.

I can't imagine he would have been able to walk off the field if it was ACL, but the kid is pretty tough so who knows.

Anyways, I think a lot has to happen for the Skins to be great next year.

I hope the team learns from this and grows, but there is no guarantee. Every team has question marks, even the super bowl winner so each year is it's own challenge. I think we definitely have a team to be proud of moving forward, and to me that's all I can hope for.

Guys walk off the field all the time with ACLs. I used to think it could never be an ACL if the guy was walking until I started seeing it happen over and over. I think Merriweather walked off and then they found out he tore his ACL.

I don't know man...that sophomore slump is real. Look at Kerrigan and Helu this year. Combine that with teams zeroing in on us this offseason and things will get tough.

Kerrigan? A slump this year? Wow. Hardly. And you can't really cite Helu since he was hardly apart of our gameplan to begin with before he got injured.

Kerrigan? A slump this year? Wow. Hardly. And you can't really cite Helu since he was hardly apart of our gameplan to begin with before he got injured.

Watching Kerrigan without Orakpo made me appreciate Orakpo that much more. They need each other, because alone they're just ok.

I look forward to having Helu back because Royster was a non-factor and Helu is a better receiver and brings breakaway speed that the offense could use.

It really depends on RG III's health. A torn ACL would mean Cousins would be the QB for at least the first month of the season. Hopefully, it isn't. For a playoff team, there is still a lot of questions including what upgrades we are going to make to the defense.

Most people in this thread seem to be glossing over this fact...it may be even longer than the first month...

Dude,

The Seahawks were pretty much healthy, I don't think a single starter was on injured reserve. So, it is possible to stay healthy.

Second, RG3 is going to be better next year and on top of that, I'll be surprised if he gets hurt like this again next year.

Third, defense was actually playing really well on the second half and I bet they will keep that momentum going next year.

This team is going to be really good. The Seahawks got the better of us but we will be better next year.

Unfortunately one years success does not automatically transform into the next year. Injuries, schedules, coaching changes, player turnover that changes team chemistry, all these things go into the making of how a team performs the next year, along with talent, of course.

Also. the Redskins lack of draft choices could hurt them. Yeah, the D played better the 2nd half of the season. But are you saying you think we should keep the status quo? I still think the D is one of the worst in the NFL and the Skins defintely need to upgrade the defensive backfield.

And as good as the offense was, they did not beat one team that had a defense ranked in the top 10. I think they still need to upgrade at WR.

Been a great yr....If RG3 is OK and the knee just needs rest, i think we could make some huge strides next year. IF *GULP*, theres an ACL injury or something like that, then we may be in a little bit of trouble and RG3 would likely miss the 1st half of next season.

We'll see how many holes we can fill this offseason, especially with the crap cap penalty. If we can sign a starting CB, use our 2nd rounder to draft another and (if possible) keep Hall and move him to a rover/FS I think we would be in good shape. Hall may be a victim of the 18m cap penalty though.

lets see. hopefully, RG3, will be fine next year, hopefully, the next big game our coaching staff will see fit to replace him if he is hurt again. we have a competent backup in cousins. i blame this on the head coach. even if we had some how won this game, he would not be ready for atlanta. we need at least two legitimate defensive backs. offensive lineman, defensive linebacker depth. and, i dont understand the love from some for deangelo hall. he is a poor tackler, unsteady incoverage, and has a big mouth. like said, other teams will have time to figure out our offense next season, and RG3 needs to not be so gung ho, and let the staff know if he is not at least 90 percent healthy.

Unfortunately one years success does not automatically transform into the next year. Injuries, schedules, coaching changes, player turnover that changes team chemistry, all these things go into the making of how a team performs the next year, along with talent, of course.

Also. the Redskins lack of draft choices could hurt them. Yeah, the D played better the 2nd half of the season. But are you saying you think we should keep the status quo? I still think the D is one of the worst in the NFL and the Skins defintely need to upgrade the defensive backfield.

And as good as the offense was, they did not beat one team that had a defense ranked in the top 10. I think they still need to upgrade at WR.

We are only down 1 draft pick next year and actually have an extra fifth rounder for Fat Albert. Most people seem to believe we are lacking draft picks and that is simply not true. HTTR

Archived