Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would love to see Cooley get a TD this week vs. Dallas (merged)

21MadFan

I know sometimes I wish Cooley was running those pass patterns instead of Paulsen. Cooley would not drop sure first downs. I seen that way to much from Logan this yr for my liking.

Paulsen only has 3 drops on the entire season. I guess you can be concerned considering he only has 34 targets but I don't think it's a benchable offense at all.

Paulsen only has 3 drops on the entire season. I guess you can be concerned considering he only has 34 targets but I don't think it's a benchable offense at all.

Maybe I am too critical but when I see someone by themselves and the ball comes there way, they should catch it. Everyone is not perfect but I don't recall Cooley doing that to many times.

I don't give a rats ass who catches them, as long as there's enough caught to beat the cowpies. I did know this would be a topic, and while I tried to keep the noise out of my head, one piece that did get through was the thought that Dallas will likely be very aware of him if he's in the line-up.

Now whether Kyle's so sly he thinks he can use that as decoy material or a legit target I don't know, but I hope he doesn't even start to think like the fans do and just go with what he does best. Like I say, I have only one Interest, and it has zero to do with cooley or moss or anyone (other than RG3 staying healthy), and that's beating dallas. If it's just Kai all day and it's still a win, well Yippee Kai-yay, mother****er!

I watched the Skins/Eagles replay on TV last night and you really couldn't hear the chant like you could at the stadium.

I was at the eagles game last week, first row, behind the redskins bench. Lincoln Financial erupted with "cooooley" when he caught that ball. He looked pretty excited. It was awesome, one of my favorite parts of that game. I'd love to see it happen again. If the few skins fans at the eagles game could get that excited, imagine how much that would pump up a home crowd at FedEx field on Sunday.

Ha, we were just looking at the same thing...LOL but C'mon, you can't tell me that Logan is better than a vintage Cooley. As I said, nobody is perfect !!

Better than "vintage" Cooley? Hell no, not a chance. But today I like Paulsen better. I still like Cooley on the team as a contributor though. I am not one of the fans who want him to be cut at all.

I don't give a rats ass who catches them, as long as there's enough caught to beat the cowpies. I did know this would be a topic, and while I tried to keep the noise out of my head, one piece that did get through was the thought that Dallas will likely be very aware of him if he's in the line-up.

Now whether Kyle's so sly he thinks he can use that as decoy material or a legit target I don't know, but I hope he doesn't even start to think like the fans do and just go with what he does best. Like I say, I have only one Interest, and it has zero to do with cooley or moss or anyone (other than RG3 staying healthy), and that's beating dallas. If it's just Kai all day and it's still a win, well Yippee Kai-yay, mother****er!

So you're saying my plea for an H-Back pass from Cooley to Moss is a bad idea? :)

You're right about the Pies being aware of Cooley if he's in the game...he's had some great games against them. Kyle is crazy like a fox. I wouldn't be surprised if Cooley got a touch early, just to give Rob Ryan something else to think about besides the ham sandwich in his pocket.

Making Chris the #1 read on a few red-zone plays would sort of be equivalent to running the QB-draw with Cousins - the element of surprise is there...

Sorry to say, if the element of surprise isn't there for us, it's not there for them. This idea was created by someone with feelings towards how they feel would be the fittingness of the situation. You go out and give the ball to who and what got you there. Would it be awesome for Cooley to get a TD? Sure. Chris is liked around here for a ton of reasons, for what he gave back, what he brought, and just how open he was as a player to the fans.

If I'm going to give the ball to a veteran of recent memory and let it make sense. It would be Santana Moss. Sorry to say, he's the OG Cowboy Killa and he's most likely in the gameplan alllll day.

Sorry to say, if the element of surprise isn't there for us, it's not there for them. This idea was created by someone with feelings towards how they feel would be the fittingness of the situation. You go out and give the ball to who and what got you there. Would it be awesome for Cooley to get a TD? Sure. Chris is liked around here for a ton of reasons, for what he gave back, what he brought, and just how open he was as a player to the fans.

If I'm going to give the ball to a veteran of recent memory and let it make sense. It would be Santana Moss. Sorry to say, he's the OG Cowboy Killa and he's most likely in the gameplan alllll day.

agreed. santania moses wins this game for us for old times sake. really hope so

I agree to some extent. But it doesn't necessarily need to be a surprise. He doesn't need to be wide-open, we're not talking about suiting up Daniel Snyder and sending him out on a route. It's more that the Cowboys defense would have to account for all the other elements we offer on offense, not giving Cooley the attention he would otherwise merit.

Now whether Kyle's so sly he thinks he can use that as decoy material or a legit target I don't know, but I hope he doesn't even start to think like the fans do and just go with what he does best.

Now that's a good thought. We've gone from hating to praising Kyle, but is it because he's truly creative? Does that creativity only work with RG3? I think it's both. What RG3 does is gives the offensive coordinator more options, as per Chris Cooley and other players. I'm sure plenty of coaches have plenty of zany ides for plays, but Kyle gets to use more than anyone.

If he thinks, for one second, that drawing up a play with, say, Cooley chipping a guy, and running up the middle with an option left or right, he might just put it in the game plan because he can trust RG3 with it. It won't be because Cooley is some fairy-tale Cowboys beater, but Cooleys experience does come into play, despite his age slowing him down. And it's unexpected. Or is it? What does big dumbass, fatass Rob Ryan think? Paulsen is known for some crucial catches, are players being told to keep an eye on Cooley when he's out there? Is it a factor to them mentally? I think it really might be, if only slightly.

But, I think the reality is: Cooley is in there because he's a good blocker, and he's probably more likely to secure a good first down that way than catch a killer touchdown pass. But come on man, you know we all want it. That crowd if Cooley catches a TD pass omg. And again, I think the crowd should break out with "RUDY...RUDY...RUDY..."

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 05:20 AM ----------

So you're saying my plea for an H-Back pass from Cooley to Moss is a bad idea? :)

lol yes, not going to happen, as awesome at it sounds. But RG3 can deliver the ball to anybody, and has a way of buying time. I do wonder if the coaches will let Cooley go for a red zone route based on his history. It just might mean something on that emotional level. On that RUDY LEVEL.

I get the fanhood, but y'all are living in the past.
Sometimes, things just "happen". Some call it "Chance"; some call it "Fate"; some call it "Luck". For these reasons, we tend to miss God's hand in our lives. I prefer to call it God just having a bit of fun with you all! Relax and enjoy! What will be, will be.

Congrats to Cooooley for being a part of this playoff football team after suffering through the hard seasons and roster changes this year. You deserve a lot of credit for your contribution to the team over the years as a leader, teacher, and performer and Im glad you get to play in the playoffs with the burgundy and gold.

Hail.

Archived