Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would love to see Cooley get a TD this week vs. Dallas (merged)

21MadFan

Now this is not a "we should get rid of Cooley thread" so lets not turn this into one of those. As we all know Cooley has not been a big part of the offense this year. We are not even sure if Cooley will be back next year also. So how about we send him out in style just in case. I would love for the Shanahans to design a play in the red zone so the main option in the route and hopefully RGIII can find him for the TD. No better way to go out then score against the hated Cowboys.

:point2sky

I disagree. It's not about sentiment. It's about the Cowboys choosing not to cover him.

If he is open then he is open and thats on Griffin. The coaches haven't exactly been sending him out on a lot of pass routes since he has been back though. If they feel he is ineffective in the passing game to this point, there shouldn't be a sudden increase in his reps this week for any reason.

If he is open then he is open and thats on Griffin. The coaches haven't exactly been sending him out on a lot of pass routes since he has been back though. If they feel he is ineffective in the passing game to this point, there shouldn't be a sudden increase in his reps this week for any reason.

Don't get me wrong - i'm not suggesting that we devote alot of practice time to it. But it's hardly difficult to ask a TE or H-back to chip block then set off on a route and not get accounted for. You see it all the time.

The more I think about it the more I think is not a possibility but actually probable. Cooley is a decent blocker but it's hardly his prime attribute. If you're just using him to block you might as well line-up with an additional OL like the 49ers often do. I think Kyle is just waiting for the right opportunity - whether it's in a critical situation on Sunday or in the playoffs.

I really want to know what from this year has led you to that conclusion man

Nothing from this year. Just over Cooley's career he has had great hands. Injuries would not effect something like that. The reason he is not getting more opportunities is because the mobility is not there anymore. Hankerson, Paul, and Paulsen have had some key drops this season.

After Cooley made his first catch of the year last week you could see it meant a lot to him. He was holding back the tears.

Asking for him to score a TD might be asking too much, but I would love to see him get a catch or two and hear those Cooley chants for old times sake. I think he has earned it. He has been a good citizen this season, doing a pretty decent job in his limited blocking role, and not making noise about it.

It seems this is likely Cooley's swan song, and it would be nice to see him go out in style, considering all he has meant to the team and all the team has meant to him.

Archived