Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's good for the goose should be good for the eagles - bias

MWAI

I've been listening to some of the EXPERTS on television talking about the Eagles facing RG3 for the 2nd time. Of course I heard it a couple of weeks ago when we played the Giants and we will hear it again next week against the Cowboys, but the topic of conversation has been "will the Eagles have RG3 and this offense figured out because this is the 2nd time they have seen him."

I think this is a greatly overrated feature anyway, since I am sure teams still haven't figured out Peyton Manning or Tom Brady after all these years, but that's not the point of this conversation. What is the point is that NOBODY is talking about if the Redskins will have Nick Foles figured out because this will be the 2nd time the Skins have faced him.

I simply do not understand why when evaluating RG3 the bias is always one sided. If the Eagles defense now has a book on RG3 and that will make a difference in some experts minds....then why will there not be a book on Nick Foles? What's good for the Goose should be good for the Eagles but I haven't heard one EXPERT take that stance or mention it. All they talk about is figuring out RG3. Has anybody else noticed this disparity?

I think it's because nobody gives a **** who's figured out Nick Foles. He's not important, whereas RGIII looms large.

Also likely some of them are having trouble taking us seriously; we WERE 3-6 five weeks ago.

Oh yea...I have also noticed what you have. I hear about the Cowboys constantly and despite the fact that the Giants have basically fallen apart, I keep seeing special cut ins with EXPERTS talking about how the Giants are about to "FLIP THE SWITCH". Even Tim Hasslebeck has predicted the Giants are IN the playoffs. In fact several EXPERTS already are talking about what the Giants could do when they get into the playoffs....even though the Giants still have TWO games and cannot lose even one of them.

I really don't care what pundits have to say. The eagles are 4-10, have a lame duck coaching staff and many starters who won't be with the team next year during their year 1 rebuild. They have nothing to play for. If we play inspired and fired up like we have been, I don't see how the eagles win. I don't think the game will be a blowout, but our guys have a lot to play for and are playing with confidence.

I think it is relatively important to have faced Foles before at this point because our defensive backs know more about his throwing speed and our linemen have a better understanding of his mobility or lack of it. Notice that he has been doing well lately against teams who have faced him for the first time so perhaps having a little bit of a book on him will help us. I'm just happy that the Redskins 2 most lethal poisons will not be there. Michael Vick and Desean Jackson just kill us. We have never figured out how to stop a running QB and the thought of Reed Doughty covering Jackson is fearful. WHEW! We got lucky on this one.:ols:

The only thing I can see that will help the Eagles this time around is the fact Vick can at least practice with the team. He is kind of a quarterback with a lot of speed. Now, do I think that the Eagles can win, no. Just stating fact, since everyone has tried to get a fast guy to practice against the Redskins' pistol offense.

All the pundits seem to forget it is not only the Eagles defense 2nd time seeing RG3, but it is RG3's 2nd time seeing the Eagles defense. Their defense which is so bad it got their defensive coordinator fired mid-season. Their defense which gave up 28 points in the first the first time we played them this year...

And f*** Dallas. All I heard on SportsCenter all week is how the Cowgirlz are the hottest team in the NFC East because they've won "5 of 6 and 3 in a row". How bout they've won all 5 of their games by less than 7 points, 2 by 3 points in OT and their one loss was to the REDSKINS who have won 5 of 5...by 1, 3, 7, 17 and 25...including over the f***ing Cowgirlz! Can't stand this s***. "Cowboys control their own destiny"...yeah guess what...so do WE!

I think it's because nobody gives a **** who's figured out Nick Foles. He's not important, whereas RGIII looms large.

Also likely some of them are having trouble taking us seriously; we WERE 3-6 five weeks ago.

Exactly. When Nick Foles is one of the most popular figures in sports and attracts the ratings as such, then you'll get that look.

I think it's a fair question this year and even next year. How do defenses adapt to the Redskins the second time around or after getting a year to think and watch film of it. We already know one answer... San Francisco said, we can't beat that we better join it.

Still, for one season the Wildcat was unstoppable. Now, it's barely even seen as a gimmick. So, this is a viable question. The 'skins offense has been really strong all season, but what part of that is novelty and what part execution. Back in the great ole days, I enjoyed a Riggo Drill even though there was absolutely no surprise there at all! Everyone in the stands, everyone on the sideline, everyone on the field knew what was coming yet they couldn't stop it. Heck, our guards and tackles got so sure at times that they would tell defenders which hole and what the play was right before they ran it. Good execution beats talent and the best plans of mice and men sometimes.

The next two weeks will tell us something new about execution, novelty, and the talent of our 'skins because two teams will get a second swing. There will still be surprises, but this time around that will play only a small part.

Against the Giants, the D gained no visible advantage the second time around. Will the Eagles or Cowboys? Time will tell. It always does.

This game won't be close. We have a confidence now we haven't had perhaps since 1991. This team will march into Philly, wipe the field with them, and then boot Dallas' sorry ass right out of the playoffs on the 30th. **** Philly, **** Dallas, **** Mara & the Giants, it's OUR time.

Hail.

Just got goosebumps, love it man.

What is the point is that NOBODY is talking about if the Redskins will have Nick Foles figured out because this will be the 2nd time the Skins have faced him.

I simply do not understand why when evaluating RG3 the bias is always one sided. If the Eagles defense now has a book on RG3 and that will make a difference in some experts minds....then why will there not be a book on Nick Foles? What's good for the Goose should be good for the Eagles but I haven't heard one EXPERT take that stance or mention it. All they talk about is figuring out RG3. Has anybody else noticed this disparity?

Haha that's because we had him figured out the first time around :silly:

What is the point is that NOBODY is talking about if the Redskins will have Nick Foles figured out because this will be the 2nd time the Skins have faced him.

That is a great point ... and very true. Seems he has made strides, at least statiscially, but the Skins will be pretty prepared for that, now that we have "tape."

It is almost like Robert is the elephant in the room in some ways and I know that's weird because he does get crazy love, but like today, it almost seemed like Mike and Mike were falling all over themselves talking about Wilson ... and while Robert gets praise their always seems to be a "but" or a caveat.

It is almost like Robert is the elephant in the room in some ways and I know that's weird because he does get crazy love, but like today, it almost seemed like Mike and Mike were falling all over themselves talking about Wilson ... and while Robert gets praise their always seems to be a "but" or a caveat.

Thats because Mike Greenberg is a Seattle fan. He is very high on Seattle for some reason...maybe he is from there but he has been predicting big things for them. The Skins are basically being ignored because it's been about 12 years since they last won the NFC EAST so I suspect it's just a matter of "let us know when ya win something"...even though we are on the cusp. I still can't get over that the Browns were favored to win last week.

Oh yea...I have also noticed what you have. I hear about the Cowboys constantly and despite the fact that the Giants have basically fallen apart, I keep seeing special cut ins with EXPERTS talking about how the Giants are about to "FLIP THE SWITCH". Even Tim Hasslebeck has predicted the Giants are IN the playoffs. In fact several EXPERTS already are talking about what the Giants could do when they get into the playoffs....even though the Giants still have TWO games and cannot lose even one of them.

That is precisely why I would love for them to catch an L this weekend, and just observe the collective meltdown from afar.

That is precisely why I would love for them to catch an L this weekend, and just observe the collective meltdown from afar.

well you will REALLY enjoy next years meltdown then. Osi will be a free agent. Tuck's injuries appear to be catching up to him. And without that ferocious pass rush and defense to save Eli...he is being shown to be an average QB with a good arm and a famous name.:ols:

Archived