Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff date ( Sorry for looking ahead )

skers76

When would they play, Saturday or sunday ?

I know its kind of dumb but just want to throw one heck of a party.

It's hard to say right now because we don't know who or where we will be playing. They usually like to save the bigger match-ups for the later games.

Let me just say this, I have never seen a Redskin playoff game that didn't start at 4:30 on a Saturday. Hopefully if we make it, now that we have a superstar, they will give us the late start.

I'm not sure ...

But I got a question.

How anal are you guys about who/where you watch the game. Are you a ...

A. Watch anywhere, but have to have the right people

B. Don't care who I'm with, I need to be in the right place

C. Got to watch it in the right place and with the right people - no ifs ands or buts.

When would they play, Saturday or sunday ?

The networks choose. NBC, which shows both Saturday games, picks first for the night game as that will get the biggest ratings. FOX/CBS pick the Sunday games, although one of them will not have a choice as NBC will have already taken one of their games. NBC will take the fourth and remaining game for the Saturday afternoon slot. Obviously, this will not happen until the matchups are set.

-ct

Pasted from other thread....

No we don't know and we won't until after all matchups are set.

Here is the way it works....NBC broadscats two wild card round games on Saturday (one AFC game and one NFC game). Those games start at approx 4:00 eastern and 7:30 eastern. Then, on Sunday, Fox and CBS each show a game in their normal slot (1:00 and 4:25).

Generally speaking, the last attractive match up of the round will be slotted for 4:00 Saturday (it was Bengals/Texans last year). The top two match ups will be Saturday primetime and Sunday at 4:25....

For example, based on my personal predictions this would be the match-ups for the wild card round

Colts at Ravens

Steelers at Patriots

Seahawks at Redskins

Bears at 49ers

One thing to note if this were to take place is that the 49ers cannot play at 1:00 Sunday because they are on the west coast. Steelers/Patriots is the prize here. It's either going to primetime Saturday on NBC or it's going to 4:25 Sunday. Colts/Ravens is the least attractive game, but if they put it at 4:00 Saturday then they can't put Steelers/Pats at night because it needs to be one AFC and one NFC game per day.

So, I think this would be the outcome:

Saturday

4:00 Seahawks at Redskins

7:30 Steelers at Patriots

Sunday

1:00 Colts at Ravens

4:25 Bears at 49ers

Just a prediction based on logic and what they've done in the past; that is not a lock by any means

I'm not sure ...

But I got a question.

C. Got to watch it in the right place and with the right people - no ifs ands or buts.

C....and in th same spot in the man cave (right side of the TV standing up), using the same beer glass, wearing the same jersey and hat. IF we are driving, NO ONE leaves until the drive is over.

The last two times Washington and Seattle met in the playoffs, their game was on a Saturday, 4:30pm EST. With RG3 and Wilson, that should increase the interest in that match-up versus the '05 and '07 games. But would it be enough to displace a Pitt/NE game? Right now the Steelers are on the outside, and Cincy would play the Pats, looking at it with the old cliché "if the season ended today."

I'm not sure ...

But I got a question.

A. I need my peeps...

I'm not sure ...

But I got a question.

Longtime lurker here.

C. Got to be at my Dad's house, the biggest Skins fan I know.

BTW, when did everyone start spelling Playoffs correctly?

I'm not sure ...

But I got a question.

C. All the way. I hate watching any Skins game with a "guy" who only knows the on the surface information about the Skins or football in general. I really hate watching a Skins playoff game with that "guy" but in the playoffs it seems there are an abundance of those "guys". The place has to be my house.

I'm a season ticket holder and my birthday is January 5th. Birthdays are of supreme importance to my family, although I really could care less. There's no question I'd rather be at FedEx Field than at some stupid dinner to be given "in my honor" at my mother's house...which undoubtably would be at a time most convenient for everyone BUT me. Nevertheless, I've already informed them of the fact that there's a good chance I might be at FedEx that day, which has my mother up in arms and my father ticked off only because I've upset my mother. But as I said, there's no place I'd rather be than at FedEx Field on my birthday with 85K plus of my best friends.

I'm a season ticket holder and my birthday is January 5th. Birthdays are of supreme importance to my family, although I really could care less. There's no question I'd rather be at FedEx Field than at some stupid dinner to be given "in my honor" at my mother's house...which undoubtably would be at a time most convenient for everyone BUT me. Nevertheless, I've already informed them of the fact that there's a good chance I might be at FedEx that day, which has my mother up in arms and my father ticked off only because I've upset my mother. But as I said, there's no place I'd rather be than at FedEx Field on my birthday with 85K plus of my best friends.

A birthday in YOUR honor should at the place YOU want to be. This season and 2007, a home game fell on my birthday ... (unfortunately, the team is 0-2) ... and with more prime time games coming next season, it increases the chances (slim as they may be) that we get an ESPN home game on my Monday birthday next season.

Your folks will just need to get over it. :ols:

HAIL !!

I'm not sure ...

But I got a question.

Depends on what happened last week....lif we won, I am replicating last week best I can.

I just hope we make it to round 2 cause my BD is Jan 13th, even though it would be an away game, if the Skins playing fell on my BD that would be awesome :)

Archived