Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Redskins FINALLY getting some R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

ShadesOfSoul

Feels good, doesn't it?

Even from fans of our HATED Rivals (The Dallas Cowboys), many are fearing the Redskins. I was checking out this thread on CowboysZone, and it's good to have our rival fans actually liking our chances of winning the NFC East (or at least giving us much deserved consideration).

Regardless of how things turn out, this has been one of the most memorable Redskins seasons in decades. #HAIL #FFODC

Link: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=249390

We aren't getting any respect, didn't you hear that there is a 3 way tie for the division lead?

I've been saying that all day. Sure the records are the same, but according to the tie-breaker rules there's no tie...the Washington Redskins are in first place in the NFC East.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 04:18 PM ----------

Our Week 17 game is most certainly getting flexed in this week. The Redskins are getting Respect

Perhaps, but keep in mind that they also know the Cowboys have a national fan base. I'm sure that NBC and the NFL are salivating at the thought of the ratings with Cowboy fans nationwide tuning in that night.

Having the tiebreaker right now is almost meaningless because whatever happens in the Redskins-Cowboys game is going to trump the tiebreaker as it stands.

The only exception is if we go into the last game even with the Cowboys and it goes deep into overtime. At some point (probably the 4:00 mark if they're out of time outs), we'll just start trying to run out the clock and they'll be desperate to get the ball back and kick a field goal. If it ends in a tie, our H2H record would be 1-0-1 versus their 0-1-1.

The only time I've seen a scenario like this play out was in The Mighty Ducks, when Gordon Bombay pulled the goalie in a tie game because they needed the win in the last game of the season.

I'm just getting a blank screen, but I can imagine their posts.

Hail.

Hmmmm.....don't know why the Link isn't working properly, but that is the exact link. Anyway, several Cowboys fans thought that the Redskins would WIN the division, or at least be a team to be concerned about. When was the last time Cowboy fans thought that way about us?

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 05:14 PM ----------

We aren't getting any respect, didn't you hear that there is a 3 way tie for the division lead?

Stating the obvious, aren't we?

The tread is about the Cowboy fans that are actually PICKING the Redskins to WIN the NFC East, as many in this thread had said. If you can't see the irony of COWBOY fans who think that the Redskins will (or have a good chance of winning) the NFC EAST....given our 3-6 record 5 weeks ago, or our 20 years of ineptitude, then I don't know what else to say to you. In any event, it's great to be a Redskins fan these days.......

First place right now is meaningless - Who ever wins the Cowboys vs Redskins game is in first place. If Giants lose this week
no it's not if the Giants lose, the Giants don't matter, they are in 3rd place right now, and remain their until Dallas gets their ass whipped at FedEx, or by NO next week.

I had a Billy Kilmer jersey. Watched the stars light up with Theismann. The '91-92 season was great!

But this year is special, because we're seeing 2 great rookies for their respective universities shine on OUR TEAM. I used to have to endure insults. Now I hear compliments.

And they're not, "You'll get there one day" *laughing*.

They're "You might make it into the playoffs!" and "Just think of the years ahead...holy crap!" kinda comments.

Am VERY proud.

httr

Archived