Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin III's knee looks issue-free at practice Wednesday

BillyKilmer

RG3's fantasy prognosis

Will Robert Griffin III play this weekend? Resident fantasy Dr. Neil Ghodadra takes a closer look at the Washington Redskins quarterback's knee injury with Adam Rank.

I was just going to post this, silly me for thinking that there was a piece of Redskins info that hadn't already made it on this board.

I love how the doc switches from medical terminology to talking about how RG3 should start and shouldn't run out of the pocket this week.

This game sunday will be very tight, one score, one way or the other. Cleveland's defense is underrated....

That's been the scuttlebutt this week, but I don't know if it's 100% true. Kansas City got an 80 yard TD run on the first play from scrimmage last week against them, and they looked very vulnerable on middle crossing routes. I think the Skins should be able to exploit those areas with a great deal of success.

Cleveland is 18th in run D. Take away Charles's freak 80 yarder and he still went 17 for 85 (5.0 ypc). Against Oak, the week before, they allowed 85 on 17 - another 5.0 ypc. They held Pit(tiful) to 49 on 20, but that's more a function of Pit than Cle's rushing D. Expect Shanahan to remember the Al-Mo a lot and also not forget about Royster and Young to give him a breather. I'd love to see some end-arounds and reverses. We certainly have the speed with Moss and Robinson.

Sounds like the typical Skins/Griff Hater. I have folks in my office making the same stupid comments, but inside they are saying "Oh my god, we cant wipe our feet on the Redskins anymore...our teams are aging and they are just getting started"

actually, the funny thing is he said after the first and second skins vs giants game this season that Griffin is very, very good and will be great for a long time. i just think he seriously doesnt know much about football

This is taking the topic in a slightly different direction but does anyone know how this injury compares to the one Doug Williams got in Super Bowl 22? I know his was some kind of knee sprain too but I'm not sure what or how bad.

Doug Williams? Didn't I just hear Rob Parker (ESPN) say that Doug Williams wasn't a "real Brother" because of the way that he ties his shoes?

why not use a two quarterback system. make the opposition study alot! by gameday, their thinking will be all fried up. i say start cousins in the first half, and have rg3 finish it the second half. once they see cousins playing the first half, they'll automatically think that they will play him for all 4 quarters and will not even think about protection against rg3. then once the second half starts, insert rg3 and watch the confusion with the browns, their fans, and the media. give everyone a real surprise!

I still think he should rest this week if all possible. If they get to the playoffs, he needs to be 100%. That won't happen if he plays this week. Play Cousins and if he looks bad in the beginning of the game, put in RGIII.

There's no way that is happening. If RG3 is active, he is not going to sit on the sideline and be the back-up QB, especially when guys like Fletcher, Trent, and others will be on the field playing through injuries.

There's no way that is happening. If RG3 is active, he is not going to sit on the sideline and be the back-up QB, especially when guys like Fletcher, Trent, and others will be on the field playing through injuries.

Fletcher and Williams are not playing leg injuries that could be re-injured. If they can pull out a W without RGIII against the Browns it would be better for this team's playoff future. I understand he may WANT to play...but he has to be unselfish and think about the team. He should only play if it is an absolute necessity.

With that being said, I think he will play. I just think he probably shouldn't unless he absolutely has to.

Fletcher and Williams are not playing leg injuries that could be re-injured. If they can pull out a W without RGIII against the Browns it would be better for this team's playoff future. I understand he may WANT to play...but he has to be unselfish and think about the team. He should only play if it is an absolute necessity.

With that being said, I think he will play. I just think he probably shouldn't unless he absolutely has to.

Well any of these guys could re-injure themselves. Do you think the other players on the team playing because they "absolutely have to" would respect RG3 for sitting out just to be safe??

I would've rested him as long as possible, sit out Wed, maybe Thursday, run him out Friday and see how he feels. Get every extra day of rest on that knee. But I don't know how much on field practice prep he really requires. I just don't see how running around on it helps him heal any quicker. He's taken every first team rep all season, not like he doesn't know the plays or have a rapport with the WRs.

Archived