Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl network: Shanahan/RGIII Press conference on NFL Network at 1:30 (MET)

BrandonJ83

Can someone post what the racial questions were? Was it tense in there or something?

They just asked questions about him being an African American QB. He really is a good role model for everyone no matter what the reason. I wish the students I teach in middle school would pick someone like him and follow him extensively.

Can someone post what the racial questions were? Was it tense in there or something?

he was asked about MLK day and whether he defines himself as a black quarterback etc. the asker kept, i felt, being sort of presumptuous. at one point he said something like "many fans like you just because you are african american, how do you feel about that?" (paraphrasing) Griffin's responses were thoughtful and professional.

Coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about leg injuries, I think a big part of it not being more serious was that his leg was in the air and could reset after being hit. Most ACL/MCL injuries happen on a leg that's planted, so the knee can't reset itself (I think).

Exactly, rag doll physics saved his knee. Think when a skiier wipes out and goes limp as they tumble down the mountain.

Coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about leg injuries, I think a big part of it not being more serious was that his leg was in the air and could reset after being hit. Most ACL/MCL injuries happen on a leg that's planted, so the knee can't reset itself (I think).

That's an excellent point! I tore cartilage in my knee a three times now (twice in right, once in left) and each time I was planted. Being in the air probably spared him significant damage. Also, if the man who hit him didn't weigh 300+ it may not have even of been an issue.

Exactly, rag doll physics saved his knee. Think when a skiier wipes out and goes limp as they tumble down the mountain.

Before the hit on Sunday, Skip Bayless had pointed this out as a unique trait to Robert. He moves like a cat kinda, but when he's hit or falling he has a kind of rubberiness and flexibility that prevents SOME of these hits from being nearly as bad. I think that's why he looks weird (and why his leg flopped up) when he goes down, the so-called Gumby hits because he's just going limp and not letting fear overpower his ability to go with the force and not be snapped by it.

Be the reed, not the oak.

You have to admit it's kind of a miracle he isn't injured worse after seeing that hit. I posted on facebook after seeing it that he was out for the year with a MCL/ACL or both. It looked Horrible! So for me to hear he's back at practice and able to perform that's just amazing.

He's Gumby, dammit!

Before the hit on Sunday, Skip Bayless had pointed this out as a unique trait to Robert. He moves like a cat kinda, but when he's hit or falling he has a kind of rubberiness and flexibility that prevents SOME of these hits from being nearly as bad. I think that's why he looks weird (and why his leg flopped up) when he goes down, the so-called Gumby hits because he's just going limp and not letting fear overpower his ability to go with the force and not be snapped by it.

Be the reed, not the oak.

I've noticed this as well. He doesn't get stiff or rigid when he takes hits, instead he just lets them happens and seems to absorb them. I guess I am just less concerned about RGIII getting hurt due to running than others ... but I'd rather him be on the move than trapped in the pocket with nowhere for his legs to go. That is when injuries to the ACL happen, when your knee gets trapped and the ligament has nothing to do but snap.

sounds good to me.

I heard someone say, a doctor of course, that if he had as little as 5 pounds on his foot, he would have had a much, much worse injury. but because is was not a load bearing injury, he only suffered what he did.

That's kind of ironic since his Adidas sponsored cleats are supposedly the lightest on the market. Hence the "What light can do" slogan.

Archived