Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl network: Shanahan/RGIII Press conference on NFL Network at 1:30 (MET)

BrandonJ83

- wearing a brace. takes some getting used to, but he's done it before

- q: would you have done anythign differently? a: i was frustrated, because i WAS getting down. it wasn't like atlanta where i was late getting down. but my leg came up and he hit my leg. [i'm paraphrasing]

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------

Did he really say "UNjury" or was that a typo?

typo, my bad :)

You have to admit it's kind of a miracle he isn't injured worse after seeing that hit. I posted on facebook after seeing it that he was out for the year with a MCL/ACL or both. It looked Horrible! So for me to hear he's back at practice and able to perform that's just amazing.

Coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about leg injuries, I think a big part of it not being more serious was that his leg was in the air and could reset after being hit. Most ACL/MCL injuries happen on a leg that's planted, so the knee can't reset itself (I think).

its over. my take: he's gonna play sunday barring a setback between now and then

I agree, there was zero tentativeness in his voice, unlike the Sunday presser.

He did everything that he has been doing in practice, by his own admission, and is used to wearing a brace as he has already done it for an entire year at Baylor.

He's going to be out there.

Coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about leg injuries, I think a big part of it not being more serious was that his leg was in the air and could reset after being hit. Most ACL/MCL injuries happen on a leg that's planted, so the knee can't reset itself (I think).

I heard someone say, a doctor of course, that if he had as little as 5 pounds on his foot, he would have had a much, much worse injury. but because is was not a load bearing injury, he only suffered what he did.

Archived