Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: London Miced Up

just654

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/12/06/micd-up-london-fletcher-vs-giants/

- In the defensive huddle at the beginning of the game: “This is an NFC East game, man! We’re talking about a 60-minute fight, baby. From the first play to the last play — let’s dominate, men. Dominate on three: 1-2-3 — dominate!

- Telling Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw “It’s on!” after making a tackle.

- Cheering on Robert Griffin III and the offense on their first touchdown play — a 13-yard fumble recovery by wide receiver Joshua Morgan: “Oh! Oh! Oh! … Touchdown! Touchdown! … Way to be heads up, Josh! Way to be heads up.”

- Telling Giants tight end Martellus Bennett: “Stop pushin’. Stop pushin’. You can’t get off without pushin’!”

- To his defense after the fourth-quarter, go-ahead touchdown to Pierre Garçon: “It’s winning time D — let’s go baby! We need a three-and-out!”

- Before and after first-down conversion to Garçon on the Redskins’ final drive: “Come on! First down! One first down! One first down! … Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Yes sir!”

- Before and after running back Alfred Morris sealed the game with a six-yard run on 3rd and 3 with 1:07 left in the game: “Give me one first down; one more first down. I need one more first down, Rob. I need one more first down! … Got it! Yeah! That’s a grind! That’s a grind Bobby T! That’s how you grind one up! That’s how you grind a play up! That’s how you grind a victory up! Yes sir! Yes sir! Yes sir!”

Click the link for the Video

How he has stepped up to the mark in the last few weeks is testament to the man. A true HOF in every sense of the word.

I just hope we can repay his faith with a Superbowl ring....

I agree, I've been hard on LF59 this season, and with good reason, but it feels like those sentiments have echoed to Redskins park. I have to say, when he is on fire, he lifts the defense, even if he missed a couple tackles, he's got plenty to spare for the rest of the team in his stat book. He could care less about that though, just keep playing hard.

I agree, I've been hard on LF59 this season, and with good reason, but it feels like those sentiments have echoed to Redskins park. I have to say, when he is on fire, he lifts the defense, even if he missed a couple tackles, he's got plenty to spare for the rest of the team in his stat book. He could care less about that though, just keep playing hard.
I don't see any reason why anyone would have been hard on him at any point.The guy has been fighting through various injuries and is 37 years old, yet he always shows up.He is human,there are going to be times when London doesn't make a play but it is never due to lack of effort.He has played with a less than stellar supporting cast and still been very effective. He has been a remarkable player throughout his tenure in Washington.Would love to see him stay on in some sort of capacity when he retires.

I don't see any reason why anyone would have been hard on him at any point.The guy has been fighting through various injuries and is 37 years old, yet he always shows up.He is human,there are going to be times when London doesn't make a play but it is never due to lack of effort.He has played with a less than stellar supporting cast and still been very effective. He has been a remarkable player throughout his tenure in Washington.Would love to see him stay on in some sort of capacity when he retires.

I support your sentiments in that the effort is always 110%, and more than likely Fletcher comes out on top. Over the last several weeks, we were all surprised to see Fletcher getting outplayed and outmatched in multiple ways, this was a brief time, and it is clear that he is still on a mission. I hope his success continues here in Washington, but I would not be opposed to landing a future replacement as soon as possible

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 11:40 AM ----------

LOVED when Bradshaw kicked him and he said "kick me again chump!!!" and Bradshaw wouldn't even look at him.

WOW really, is there a video to that? I totally missed that

There seems to be some players in the NFL that aren't "all in"... Watching this, is there anyone - any player that cares more than Fletch? We can say without a doubt that London is ALL IN. He cares like we want our players to care... it means a lot to him. London plays with the emotion and desire that few players have IMO. How can you not respect London? When I watch London I usually come away with the feeling like he wants it more than anyone else on the field.

There seems to be some players in the NFL that aren't "all in"... Watching this, is there anyone - any player that cares more than Fletch? We can say without a doubt that London is ALL IN. He cares like we want our players to care... it means a lot to him. London plays with the emotion and desire that few players have IMO.

I totally agree. I was more of the quiet type back when I played, but steadily at every summer work out first one in last one out. I considered myself all in while the other loud guys were all about the flash. Fletcher is LIVE, but is not about the flash at all. As a captain it's great that he's vocal and an emotional leader. These things you cannot coach, but they easily can rub off on other players. Hopefully our next MLB will carry this trait

LOVED when Bradshaw kicked him and he said "kick me again chump!!!" and Bradshaw wouldn't even look at him.

I got home from the game at 2:00am and was still excited. I could'nt sleep so I decided to watch the game from my DVR. Seeing Fletch knock the **** out of David Wilson while calling Bradshaw a chump gave me chills. I wanted to put some pads on and knock the **** out of some of ****o Ravens fans in my neighborhood.

I loved the end when Mike S hugged him and then Mike Hugged D-Hall. this Team is starting to believe guys. I honestly think if we can get a W in the next game we got the other 3 left.

Indeed. This team is all in.

Bradshaw has always been on my list of most disliked football players in the NFL

He's an ass.

Archived