Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has bought their Alfred Morris Jersey?

Audible_Red40

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am going to get his jersey for sure probably this weekend. He has been a solid performer for us. Hope he continues to enjoy success because he really helps our quarterback be successful as well.

I have a McNabb jersey I am going to give away to Goodwill this week. Of all the Skins jerseys I have bought, his jersey is the most disappointing. Of course my Skins sports bar buddy bought number 92 so

I don't feel too bad compared to his mistake.

I understand Shanny's history, but I think Al Mo is different. It's really hard to find a guy who can get the tough yards but is also fast enough to get yards in big chunks. I also think that the value of a RB has changed over the years, and they are not valued as highly as they once were...except for the elite backs. In short, I don't think Al Mo would get us enough on the market to warrant trying to move him. He's my favorite player...so I'd love for him to stick around.

Quick question, why are people so enamored with buying jerseys? Just curious...

Agreed.

First, Morris is more talented than overachieving Denver RBs like Gary, Anderson, and Droughns that usually tend to characterize the supposedly typical "Shanny RB."

Secondly, Morris will make rookie wage scale money for the next four years (counting this season). What's the point of trading him when you're getting such great value? Shanny also traded Portis at a time when RBs had more value. And as you suggest, as great as Morris is, I doubt he's actually worth trading--he's worth more to us than his trade value in today's downgraded RB market. He'll be our starting RB for the next four years.

I don't doubt Morris or that he will be around for at least a few years. But Shanahan WILL look for another running back. And most likely, he will find another good one. At which point this becomes a timeshare. I've been saying all season that Darren Sproles would be terrifyingly good in this offense. If we can get a guy like that with great ball catching skills and speed, he is bound to get a good number of snaps. Imagine the brandon banks triple option but with somebody with a skill other than "fast" (and he's not really even that)

I typically like to wear jersey's of Redskin defensive players but I like Alfred so much...his running style and him as a person (from what I can see and learn of him without actually knowing him personally). When I watched our Skins close out that game, running the ball, the same play even, and him thrash threw the line to clinch the game I knew I would have to have that gys jersey to wear to Fed Ex. He is a stud and I hope he stays with our team for a very long time. Somehow, I due to his cost to the team, his personality, and his perfomrance on the field and reliabitilty, I don't think Shanny would trade him. Any other back but him.

How can you trade a key peice to our O that works so clesely with Robert...that play action right in Aflred's gut is a thing of beauty! They make it look easy and it is not.

1st team in the history of the NFL with a rookie QB pass for over 2,000 yds and a rookie RB rn for over 1,000 yds. Gotta love them both, and as much as I love and respect my man RG3 I will sport Aflred's jersey to the games (and at home when watching the games not atteneded).

Pulled the trigger on the new Elite jersey yesterday and am waiting for it. No love for Nike though...looking forward to UnderArmour winning the next contract for the NFL unis.

HTTR!

Now, let's go win this game against the raven's!!!!

I usually stick to corners, since that was the position I played all my life (and my fav Redskins ever, Darrell Green, love you #28).

Ive had Darrell Green, Deion Sanders (woops) Champ Bailey (still one of my favs), and DeAngelo Hall.

But Morris is making a STRONG case for me to go against my tradition, and much deservedly so.

I dont think I will ever get an RG3 jersey, since everyone and their mother (mine too) has one, it just seems less special.

Agreed.

First, Morris is more talented than overachieving Denver RBs like Gary, Anderson, and Droughns that usually tend to characterize the supposedly typical "Shanny RB."

Secondly, Morris will make rookie wage scale money for the next four years (counting this season). What's the point of trading him when you're getting such great value? Shanny also traded Portis at a time when RBs had more value. And as you suggest, as great as Morris is, I doubt he's actually worth trading--he's worth more to us than his trade value in today's downgraded RB market. He'll be our starting RB for the next four years.

You're looking at those guys in hindsight. 3/4 of the way through their first season, I'm sure fans thought they'd be in Denver for years to come.

The idea of trading Morris is that we could get a position of real value in return, because as we learn season after season in the NFL, running backs are expendable. Having a good one is nice, but you can win with any Joe Shmo in the backfield.

I love Morris. I love the way he runs. I love his attitude. He's great. But if we can get a good defensive player in return, we should trade him.

You're looking at those guys in hindsight. 3/4 of the way through their first season, I'm sure fans thought they'd be in Denver for years to come.

The idea of trading Morris is that we could get a position of real value in return, because as we learn season after season in the NFL, running backs are expendable. Having a good one is nice, but you can win with any Joe Shmo in the backfield.

I love Morris. I love the way he runs. I love his attitude. He's great. But if we can get a good defensive player in return, we should trade him.

I disagree. There is no reason to trade Morris right now. None. We have zero depth behind him. And he's a badass, throwback type Redskin guy, who just may break the franchise rushing record in his rookie year. I understand your line of thinking, but I would be really confused if we shipped him out. We've got a great thing going with him and RG3, and I would be pissed if we screwed that up.

Agreed.

It's because some of our fans are still pissed we didn't trade Cooley or Moss or Portis in their primes like the Patriots do, forgetting that the Patriots are a 12 win team every year and can "afford" to trade off their better players. Personally, I don't want to do what the Patriots do. I want us to run our team the best that it suits us. Build up the team first with depth, start winning 10+ games a year and THEN if we need to make a trade to put us over the top, I would do it. No need to start trading off younger players right now.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 10:08 AM ----------

While RBs are expendable, you're forgetting one thing. They're not in high demand. If we could win with any old runningback, why can't another team do the same thing and why would they trade for Morris, who is in essence a "joe shmo."?

BTW NFL AM just had Morris on and I didn't know the story behind his "home run" celebration. But it is definitely kind of cool why he does it. For those that do not know it's for this little league he promised to make a home run celebration and after doing it in the preseason he said I like that and has decided to do after each touchdown.

It will be awesome if years from now Morris is still doing it in the B&G

Archived