Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have to be considered a high powered offense now

jp03

Only hope to stop Washingtons offense is to bend but not break. I expect 5 db's in the game often (assuming Kenny Phillips can play). I don't think the Giants will blitz at all early. Morris will get chunks of yardage. Key will be the red zone. Holding you guys to field goals is vital in the first half. If the Giants get a 2 TD (not likely) lead then they can start to send an extra pass rusher. Till then this offense has too many options and too many threats to attack. Giants saving grace is they too have an high powered offense but will run into the same red zone issues. Should be a fun game to watch. 60 plus points is my only prediction.

Only hope is for Mara to use the owners challenge flag (he made up) on RGIII challenging whether he is a human or an alien sent to disrupt his evil rule over the NFL.

RG3 violated the "spirit" of competition by being better than everyone else. Illegal!

Nice thread JP...I go back and forth. If I was playing against the Skins, I think I'd employ your strategy too. Give up some yards and hold them to 3 when they do put together a nice drive. Being the nervous Skins fan that I am though, I've seen too much inconsistency so I'm not ready to declare them an offense to be feared just yet. I hope they are though.

I do think, unlike any other team this year, we have the unique ability on any down and distance to hit a team with any play targeting any part of the field. It's been a long time since a Washington offense has had that capability. I'm hoping the Redskins can get the lead or stay tied early on. If so, they keep a defense on its heels because the run is still on the table.

Only hope to stop Washingtons offense is to bend but not break. I expect 5 db's in the game often (assuming Kenny Phillips can play). I don't think the Giants will blitz at all early. Morris will get chunks of yardage. Key will be the red zone. Holding you guys to field goals is vital in the first half. If the Giants get a 2 TD (not likely) lead then they can start to send an extra pass rusher. Till then this offense has too many options and too many threats to attack. Giants saving grace is they too have an high powered offense but will run into the same red zone issues. Should be a fun game to watch. 60 plus points is my only prediction.

I wonder if that strategy will be effective considering the Redskins really are a run first team and TOP matters this game. If Morris can chew up yards and keep Manning off the field and away from our D you'd have to consider that a Redskin win.

RG3 violated the "spirit" of competition by being better than everyone else. Illegal!

What does your post have to do with this thread.? Damn. Football talk fellas come on. haha..

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 10:57 AM ----------

I wonder if that strategy will be effective considering the Redskins really are a run first team and TOP matters this game. If Morris can chew up yards and keep Manning off the field and away from our D you'd have to consider that a Redskin win.

I agree that if the Giants stay on the field, the defense will tire so thats a good point. But if the Giants stack the box , I really think the redskins will exploit it.

I agree that if the Giants stay on the field, the defense will tire so thats a good point. But if the Giants stack the box , I really think the redskins will exploit it.

But, against the Skins, it's best to get their defense on the field. :ols:

I honestly think that, if you're going to give up a TD either way, it's better for it to be a quick strike. Put it this way...as a Redskin fan, I'd rather be down 4 with the ball than up 4 with the ball in Eli's hands.

too much inconsistency so I'm not ready to declare them an offense to be feared just yet. I hope they are though.

Sums it up pretty well. I do like the direction the O is headed. Only time will tell if they will be able to do it week in and week out.

Nice thread JP...I go back and forth. If I was playing against the Skins, I think I'd employ your strategy too. Give up some yards and hold them to 3 when they do put together a nice drive. Being the nervous Skins fan that I am though, I've seen too much inconsistency so I'm not ready to declare them an offense to be feared just yet. I hope they are though.

I do think, unlike any other team this year, we have the unique ability on any down and distance to hit a team with any play targeting any part of the field. It's been a long time since a Washington offense has had that capability. I'm hoping the Redskins can get the lead or stay tied early on. If so, they keep a defense on its heels because the run is still on the table.

Burgold got me thinking though about TOP...if the GIANTS are on the filed too long they will tire in the second half. To your other comment, not only are the Skins a big downfield threat, the Giants give up alot of big plays. No, I think they have to spread it out, contain and hope Morris doesn't eat up too many yards.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 11:06 AM ----------

But, against the Skins, it's best to get their defense on the field. :ols:

I honestly think that, if you're going to give up a TD either way, it's better for it to be a quick strike. Put it this way...as a Redskin fan, I'd rather be down 4 with the ball than up 4 with the ball in Eli's hands.

I'm not convinced rg3 is a great red zone operator YET. He may prove me wrong but I still would rather the Giants force him to make that 5 -10 yard throw into the end zone. If he beats it, then you start blitzing , forcing mistakes. Or getting burned for big plays. :)

Burgold got me thinking though about TOP...if the GIANTS are on the filed too long they will tire in the second half. To your other comment, not only are the Skins a big downfield threat, the Giants give up alot of big plays. No, I think they have to spread it out, contain and hope Morris doesn't eat up too many yards.

I hope they have to play us this way because it would mean that things are changing. It's been a decade since our offense could dictate to a defense. For the past 10-12 years (and 3-4 coaching regimes) we've had to take what the defense gives us. This would be a pleasant change if it's truly happening league-wide.

I hope they have to play us this way because it would mean that things are changing. It's been a decade since our offense could dictate to a defense. For the past 10-12 years (and 3-4 coaching regimes) we've had to take what the defense gives us. This would be a pleasant change if it's truly happening league-wide.

Oh its happening. But its so different playing you guys from years past. Thats why I am reluctant to use Eli's past numbers against Washington in this game. I think both offenses are gonna light it up.

Oh its happening. But its so different playing you guys from years past. Thats why I am reluctant to use Eli's past numbers against Washington in this game. I think both offenses are gonna light it up.

If so, that would make ESPN and the national audience happy. I just hope we have the ball last if that's the way the game goes...preferably up by 8+.

RGIII is great against 5 or more rushers, since he's so elusive, and his accuracy is so good, anything less than 7 guys in coverage is easy pickings.

The problem for us is the Giants can get pressure with 4, and drop 7.

The flip side is that if we can establish the running game, then the play action comes into play and we can probably freeze the linebackers. It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens.

I personally would like to see us start the game in a 3 WR set with some combination of Moss, Garcon, Hank, and Robinson, do a fake handoff to Morris, and then lob it deep (though maybe have Garcon come over the middle as a backup plan), just to see if we can catch them flat footed on the first play. Everyone knows our running game is good AND that the play action is deadly, so we sort of have the option to start the game with the play action, as opposed to having to develop it over the first couple quarters with the run game.

If so, that would make ESPN and the national audience happy. I just hope we have the ball last if that's the way the game goes...preferably up by 8+.

Oh yea, I think this game will draw a big TV audience. May well come back to the last drive. heh..watch the game will end up being a defensive struggle 17-10.. :) I got to find out if Phillips is playing tomorrow. I'm tellin ya he is a key to this game.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 11:36 AM ----------

Oh yea, I think this game will draw a big TV audience. May well come back to the last drive. heh..watch the game will end up being a defensive struggle 17-10.. :) I got to find out if Phillips is playing tomorrow. I'm tellin ya he is a key to this game.

Looks like Phillips is doubtful...thats a bad thing for the Giants. The 5 db set may not occur if thats the case.

What does your post have to do with this thread.? Damn. Football talk fellas come on. haha..

Yeah because Mara screwing the Redskins had nothing to do with football or Victor Cruz easily getting behind the defense for a winning touchdown. Sorry if you don't like wearing the Cheat label, too bad.

Karma is running over your dogma, Cheaters never win.....

NYP - Big Blue may be without Phillips, JPP

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...chn6D44WuvMbM?

Facing Robert Griffin III and the Redskins without safety Kenny Phillips and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul? It could happen.

The Giants almost definitely will be without Phillips for tomorrow night’s game, as he’s listed as doubtful. After missing six straight games with a right knee injury, Phillips returned in last week’s victory over the Packers, aggravated his knee again but was optimistic about not missing any additional time. He was able to practice Friday and again yesterday on a limited basis, but clearly the optimism has waned.

With Phillips, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell re-installed the three-safety look that was so effective last season. Without Phillips, that package likely gets scrapped.

Pierre-Paul, dealing with back spasms, did not practice for a second straight day, raising speculation that he too might not be available. Coach Tom Coughlin said yesterday he thought Pierre-Paul would be fine.

Yeah because Mara screwing the Redskins had nothing to do with football or Victor Cruz easily getting behind the defense for a winning touchdown. Sorry if you don't like wearing the Cheat label, too bad.

Karma is running over your dogma, Cheaters never win.....

NYP - Big Blue may be without Phillips, JPP

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...chn6D44WuvMbM?

Facing Robert Griffin III and the Redskins without safety Kenny Phillips and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul? It could happen.

The Giants almost definitely will be without Phillips for tomorrow night’s game, as he’s listed as doubtful. After missing six straight games with a right knee injury, Phillips returned in last week’s victory over the Packers, aggravated his knee again but was optimistic about not missing any additional time. He was able to practice Friday and again yesterday on a limited basis, but clearly the optimism has waned.

With Phillips, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell re-installed the three-safety look that was so effective last season. Without Phillips, that package likely gets scrapped.

Pierre-Paul, dealing with back spasms, did not practice for a second straight day, raising speculation that he too might not be available. Coach Tom Coughlin said yesterday he thought Pierre-Paul would be fine.

JPP will play..Phillips out for sure.

Having a healthy Garçon makes us an offensive powerhouse. That allows Santana to get one on one matchups. Paulsen has been respectable. It allows Morgan to come in quietly and stay under the radar. Robinson off the bench is an instant threat. That's just the passing game. Now remember we're a run fitst team. A two headed run game to be more precise. Pistol giving RGIII multiple options and the pass. All we have to do is duplicate what we did offensively in the first game. Like I said, Garçon opens the passing game up that much more.

I'm not convinced rg3 is a great red zone operator YET. He may prove me wrong but I still would rather the Giants force him to make that 5 -10 yard throw into the end zone. If he beats it, then you start blitzing , forcing mistakes. Or getting burned for big plays. :)

In a rush, but no.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081683/article/rookie-qb-rankings-rg3-tops-russell-wilson

He's one of the best in the league.

And yes, read the article. In the *LEAGUE*, not just rookies. :)

http://www.nfl.com/player/robertgriffiniii/2533033/situationalstats

A 106 QB rating in the red zone. Yes, he's a great red zone operator.

That's my opinion, too.

I would love for the Giants to play deep. We'll run it down their throats all game long.

In fact, I can't think of anything I would love for them to do, more.

Archived