Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have to be considered a high powered offense now

jp03

In a rush, but no.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081683/article/rookie-qb-rankings-rg3-tops-russell-wilson

He's one of the best in the league.

And yes, read the article. In the *LEAGUE*, not just rookies. :)

http://www.nfl.com/player/robertgriffiniii/2533033/situationalstats

A 106 QB rating in the red zone. Yes, he's a great red zone operator.

Ok...good info..didnt realize he was that good. I would still go bend not break though. At least at first.

Well, the only problem in that thinking is that once the Redskins get close we have options that are beyond trying for a fade, or cramming it hard up the gut. There's a lot of ways the Redskins can score from the Red Zone these days.

I do agree that they can be considered a high powered offense. Speed can kill if applied properly, and the Redskins as an offense are faster than I've seen them, EVER.. and i've been watching since George Allen.

(In 91 they were fast, but Rypien was a statue. RGIII presents an entirely different set of problems or a defense.)

With Garcon showing breakaway speed, and Aldrick Robinson coming on as a deep threat..plus the resurgence of Santana Moss all tied up with RGIII'sx accuracy.. and then coupled with the threat of the broken field run by RGIII and the pounding run of Morris... the Redskins certainly have the potential to score anytime, AND to take over a game and wear a team down.

You BETTER eat your Wheaties.

~Bang

I can't wait to see this offense next year with a healthy Davis, healthy Garcon and RG3 not learning.

Me too man. Unfortunately, I am doubting Garçon will be healed next season. Supposedly this is the same issue Gates had. Took him 2 years to heal. Hope he proves me wrong.

Add even a serviceable RT (and maybe a pass-catching back - Helu?) and this team could be one of the best in the league, next year and beyond.

I want us to have 300 yds rushing on like 50 carries. I do not want the ball in Eli's hands. I hate that dude with a passion, but has the ability to burn our defense down. I do however like the idea of the first play PA bomb....get them on their heels and let them know its about to be a long night.

HAIL

I agree that if the Giants stay on the field, the defense will tire so thats a good point. But if the Giants stack the box , I really think the redskins will exploit it.

Our offense right now.. Damn it feels good to be a Redskins fan :ols:

Archived