Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TWD Comics Thread: (WARNING---TV SHOW SPOILERS!)

rictus58

Anybody have a guess as to who dies in the second half of season 4?  I read the other day that a major character will die but it's someone who has not died in the comic.

That only leaves Rick, Carl, Maggie, Michonne and Daryl.  Smart money would say it will be Maggie that dies but Daryl is a darkhorse, especially since they have Tyrese on the show now who could easily step into the role of Rick's right hand man.

Anybody have a guess as to who dies in the second half of season 4?  I read the other day that a major character will die but it's someone who has not died in the comic.

That only leaves Rick, Carl, Maggie, Michonne and Daryl.  Smart money would say it will be Maggie that dies but Daryl is a darkhorse, especially since they have Tyrese on the show now who could easily step into the role of Rick's right hand man.

Depends on how you define major character. Seems like anybody can die at anytime, except Rick and Carl are off limits. Thats just the feeling I get. I don't want to spoil anything for Die Hard (and this is a different thread than the one I posted in when I started watching), but I didn't see that "Sword scene" coming at the end of the midseason finale.

Now that that happened, I think pretty much everyone is fair game... Now that they're split up.

Glenn escaped on the bus with all the kids/elderly, etc. I could see him going out heroically, saving them. Don't forget Carol and the other black guy from the Season 1 pilot are still out there as well.

Edit, son of a ****, I just glanced at the top of the page accidentally. Use the other thread.

• 2 weeks later...

All caught up as of very late last night :-)

The prison got played out. It was almost perfect.. and the only thing that could`ve got them out of there did. Disease and the governor.

Glad Lori died. Glad Carl grew up. Right now, just curious as to what happened to Judith. I could see Glenn or Maggie dying off... their love story is losing its luster.

Watched the talking dead. They actor(s) suggested that it`s probably like that the group already had all sorts of contingency plans (ie. meet-up designations) well planned beforehand.... so it`s not likely they`ll all be venturing off on their own. We`ll see. Glad I don`t have to wait long (season 4, episode 9 starts Feb. 9th :-)

• 1 month later...

Negan seems to be far more calculating than the Governor.

Still not that crazy about the "All Out War" arc so far.

Negan is a very interesting character.  He comes off as a stereotypical meat head at times but then we also can see that he's very methodical and calculating as you said.

I agree about the arc.  It hasn't been nearly as exciting as I originally expected and is really feeling drug out at this point but I'm hoping for a big pay off in the end.  Kirkman said by issue 127 it's going to be a very different comic, so I'm interested to see where things are heading.  BTW if you haven't seen the cover for 127 yet, check it out.  It looks like entirely new cast of survivors. 

I know their covers are more often than not red herrings but it still has me curious.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone has read the latest issue and had thoughts about the last page. Looks to me like Kirkman has realized how stale the comic has become and is going to make a massive change to the whole series, or it's just a fake plot twist that'll be explained away. 

I picked up the latest comic yesterday but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Now I'm intrigued.

At the end of the previous one, Negan was covering lucille in zombie goo...and I predict he'll meet his end by that same bat. But what do I know. I had hopes for ezekiel. I didn't like what they did to his character.

I wonder what the end game is for this whole thing. They can't just keep meeting bad guy after bad guy...

I picked up the latest comic yesterday but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Now I'm intrigued.

At the end of the previous one, Negan was covering lucille in zombie goo...and I predict he'll meet his end by that same bat. But what do I know. I had hopes for ezekiel. I didn't like what they did to his character.

I wonder what the end game is for this whole thing. They can't just keep meeting bad guy after bad guy...

I agree, the current formula is getting boring. Something needs to change, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kirkman decided to off a major character to switch things up. 

I agree, the current formula is getting boring. Something needs to change, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kirkman decided to off a major character to switch things up. 

The only character he could off to throw a big wrench in the works would be rick. And I'd be happy.

I'd like to see them just start anew with a new cast. And a whole seperate storyline...set in the congo.

I wonder if anyone has read the latest issue and had thoughts about the last page. Looks to me like Kirkman has realized how stale the comic has become and is going to make a massive change to the whole series, or it's just a fake plot twist that'll be explained away. 

I'm hoping so at this point, the current dynamic has run its course. 

OK...I think the arrow wasn't coated in goo. That's my guess.

Is Terminus in the comics? And is it a good place or bad? And Yes I know I'm in the spoiler thread.

It's unclear at this point. The thing about the Comics and the TV show, is while there are a lot of parallel storylines, they really mix things up. Something that might happen to Tyrese in the comics, will happen to someone else on the show.

So Tv/Show comic question...Is terminus going to end up being the cannibal storyline arc?

While I want to see that storyline play out on TV, it seems like a weak way to end the current season.

I think it might be, those events in the comic happened right around the same time. As well as Billy killing his brother so he would rise as a walker, which is the same as what Lizzie did on the show. Terminus could very well be those group of cannibals that ate Dale's leg. Although I doubt they will have Rick and company torture them to death as retaliation....unless they ate Beth.

I think it might be, those events in the comic happened right around the same time. As well as Billy killing his brother so he would rise as a walker, which is the same as what Lizzie did on the show. Terminus could very well be those group of cannibals that ate Dale's leg. Although I doubt they will have Rick and company torture them to death as retaliation....unless they ate Beth.

Maybe they eat Judith?

I think we need to get to a point again where Rick goes crazy. IF I remember correctly, there was 1 woman with the group of Hunters in TWD comic right?

I predict we'll soon see a return to rick going crazy.

Crap. I fear I will read a spoiler in my own spoiler thread. I won't be able to pick up the comic until Saturday.

I won't spoil anything.  But I can't believe it took me to this issue to realize that there are 2 Carsons in the comic at the moment.  The dude with the Saviors that is helping Eugene, his name is Carson.  Meanwhile, the doctor at the Hilltop is Dr. Carson.

I did some searching on Google and apparently it's been discussed and confirmed online that they are brothers however I don't ever remember that coming up in the comic. 

Archived