Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TWD Comics Thread: (WARNING---TV SHOW SPOILERS!)

rictus58

Jeff Dean Morgan is the perfect casting as Negan. I think they nailed it. 

I looked. Couldn't help it :(

LMAO!!! Be encouraged that so far, AMC TWD writers have yet to kill any characters off the same way they've died in the comics. But the reveal of when Negan appears is still a bit of a spoiler anyway. 

• 4 months later...

I decided to resurrect this thread to discuss who is the potential character killed on the show, while using what we know from the comic as a resource. I will put my thoughts in spoilers and ask ANYONE WHO CAME INTO THIS THREAD BY ACCIDENT NEEDS TO LEAVE NOW OR RISK GETTING SOMETHING SPOILED.

I think it will either be Daryl or Abraham. Norman Reedus' star has risen again, he's getting into movies again and now has a new show. It's going to be hard for him to be a film star in Hollywood again and drive bikes all across the US, while being available for filming of the TWD. They had to postpone Morgan's return due to that failed show AMC had that only lasted one season.

So I think it will be Daryl if Ride takes off, and Triple 9 does great at the box office. If not, if both bomb, it will be Abraham. This would continue the theme of them not killing comic characters in the same order or method on the show. And it would fulfill the role Sasha is now playing. Andrea in the comic is Rick's lover and the group's best sharpshooter. Michonne has had very little to do in the comic for a while, so they replaced the weak storyline of her hooking up with Morgan before he died with her fulfilling Andrea's role as Rick's love interest. The other half of it is Andrea as the best sharpshooter, the show has been laying the foundation for us that Sasha is the best shooter in the group. Remember the issue where Negan and the Saviors showed up at Alexandria for a fight and Andrea nearly sniped Negan from the clock tower? And it ended in a cliffhanger when Rick sees someone fall out of the tower to their death? That was one of the very few highlights to the war with the Saviors and I think they have to do it. Killing Abraham with Lucille, will give Sasha the motivation and drive to be as determined as Andrea was to end Negan once and for all.

Glenn getting Lucille was a huge shocker, but it essentially gave Maggie nothing to do but mope until the storyline concluded, and I don't think the showrunners want to waste Lauren Cohen like that. So it won't be invincible Glenn or Maggie.

I think it's from the same POV we were getting from inside the truck which rules out Abe. And I think it has to be someone from the original group for maximum impact. That leaves Glenn and Darryl. Now, everything they have done leading up to this points to Darryl. His new show. Killing different characters than the comics. Glenn's Super Mario Bros invincibility plot armor.

It has to be Glenn.

I think it's from the same POV we were getting from inside the truck which rules out Abe. And I think it has to be someone from the original group for maximum impact. That leaves Glenn and Darryl. Now, everything they have done leading up to this points to Darryl. His new show. Killing different characters than the comics. Glenn's Super Mario Bros invincibility plot armor.

It has to be Glenn.

There is definitely something to the POV perspective. But I think their unwillingness to kill the same characters for the same events from the comic would mean it would need to be someone else. Now if you incorporate both perspectives, that would actually point to Michonne being the victim. And here's why:

- she's sitting beside Glenn, looking at the lights through the bullet holes of the van doors. So the perspective works for her. 

- She would fulfill the requirement to kill a different character for the event in the comic. 

In the TV thread someone posted a screencap of Negan in the middle of his first swing. The shadows made it look like there was Arl's Sheriff hat close by. We know by Negan's words it isn't Arl, but what if it is someone kneeling beside him? So I'll need to rewatch that scene to see in which order everyone is kneeling. I definitely recall Glenn being all the way at the end on the right side, and no where near Arl. This is obvious when Negan chose Maggie, and Glenn screamed out.

Archived