Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TWD Comics Thread: (WARNING---TV SHOW SPOILERS!)

rictus58

Epic ending to 124, looks like Dwight (even though he should have taken out Negan...on multiple occasions) didn't hit Rick with an infected arrow.  Rick is doing fine, while everyone else is bleeding out and feverish.

I wish he would just end this story arc. I'm so sick of Negan and how bullets and walkers never seem to get close to him. Kirkman has been on cruise control for too long. I wish he would just kill so many of these characters that I don't even remember the names of and take this storyline to something fresh that hasn't been done before. Like actually getting close to finding out how everyone got infected, how the government turned out(I can't believe no one has decided to check out the White House or the Capitol), just something besides this sequel to the Governor and Woodbury.

• 3 months later...

Anyone still reading?

Somewhat disappointed in the way All Out War played out. I guess they'll have to face negan again in the future. Which is going to be boring again.

I do like the new characters introduced in the last two editions.

Anyone still reading?

Somewhat disappointed in the way All Out War played out. I guess they'll have to face negan again in the future. Which is going to be boring again.

I do like the new characters introduced in the last two editions.

I agree, I wanted Negan dead. And not killing him just guarantees he'll eventually escape and slaughter a bunch of characters again. I just can't find it realistic that this guy is responsible for the deaths of Glenn and Abraham, and you just let him live. The new characters are interesting. 

• 7 months later...

Do we ever get to a point in the show where

Rick gets his hand chopped off? Seems to me it was a major point in the comics. It defined Rick for a while.

That point has passed. That would've happened back when the Governor was first introduced. The show producers said they didn't want to spend part of their budget removing his hand post-production, and Kirkman has stated multiple times since that he wished he didn't write that in there. 

That point has passed. That would've happened back when the Governor was first introduced. The show producers said they didn't want to spend part of their budget removing his hand post-production, and Kirkman has stated multiple times since that he wished he didn't write that in there. 

I knew the timeline for the event had passed. I thought if they were going to do it, it would obviously be in a different manner. I didn't know Kirkman regretted that plot line.

If the show continues on it's current pace, it will pass the point of the comics.

I'm looking forwards to what's coming up on the show. Ezekiel and Shiva. The Saviors. The hilltop. Glen getting his due...

I'm looking forwards to what's coming up on the show. Ezekiel and Shiva. The Saviors. The hilltop. Glen getting his due...

I am too. I did feel like Kirkman drew out this story arc for too long, but I'm excited for how it will be portrayed on TV. 

I don't feel Glen is going to die any time soon though. Think about it, name one character from the comics who's died in the same exact manner, time, and place they died in the TV show. Andrea is dead on the show, but alive in the comics. Dale should've died this season, instead he died three seasons ago. Shane should've died in the second episode, but he lives all the way to the second season finale. The show producers seem to follow the story arcs fairly well, but they don't kill any characters off the way they died in the comic to keep us on our toes. 

Yes, I don't believe we will see a one hand Rick on the show.

I don't think we will get exposed to the Hilltop or Negan until next season.

I think we might get a glimpse of Negan in the season finale. But it won't have much attention drawn to it. That's just my guess.

I think we might get a glimpse of Negan in the season finale. But it won't have much attention drawn to it. That's just my guess.

The problem with that is you have to get through all the other plot points in Alexrandia and the massive horde, as well as, introduce the Hilltop community. I feel like that is a lot for the audience in four or five episodes. I think we get the massive horde of zombies with an assist from people at the Hilltop community for the season finale.

My main problem with this current story arc, and this is just my opinion, but I feel like Kirkman started to real embrace his fame and stopped trying to write the best story. He seemed to be more concerned with political statements with certain characters he created than writing a strong narrative. The whole Negan storyline took way too long to come to a resolution. 

There are so many characters now, I need to keep the wikia page up to remember who some people are, and the writing is predictable. It's obvious Michonne is running this group of survivors who wear the skins of the walkers. She has been missing since the flash forward after Negan's capture, and who else would think of that? 

How come no one has decided to check out the Pentagon, what if the Government is still kicking and they're still looking for the cure. Or the White House? Or the Capital? Hopefully the TV show could answer some of these questions that Kirkman left unanswered or unexplored, especially since in two seasons the TV show will be all caught up. 

My main problem with this current story arc, and this is just my opinion, but I feel like Kirkman started to real embrace his fame and stopped trying to write the best story. He seemed to be more concerned with political statements with certain characters he created than writing a strong narrative. The whole Negan storyline took way too long to come to a resolution. 

There are so many characters now, I need to keep the wikia page up to remember who some people are, and the writing is predictable. It's obvious Michonne is running this group of survivors who wear the skins of the walkers. She has been missing since the flash forward after Negan's capture, and who else would think of that? 

How come no one has decided to check out the Pentagon, what if the Government is still kicking and they're still looking for the cure. Or the White House? Or the Capital? Hopefully the TV show could answer some of these questions that Kirkman left unanswered or unexplored, especially since in two seasons the TV show will be all caught up. 

During their runs for supplies, didn't the venture into DC a number of times? It pretty much seemed to be the same as Atlanta. Overrun with Zombies. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly though.

I honestly hadnt considered Michone one of the whisperers.

I sometimes have a hard time following the characters in the comic. A lot of them look too similar.

I am pretty sure Kirkman has said in his "Letter Hacks" that Michone is not going to be revealed as the leader of the Whisperers.

If that is true than I take that part back, still has been too predictable for a while. Like when Rick was hit with the arrow, almost no one expected him to really be infected like the rest of his people were. 

But Michonne not being the leader of the Whisperers is good, keeps things exciting. 

• 2 weeks later...

So who thinks the Wolves are the tv's verison of the Saviors? My thought is it is a little too early for Negan and the Saviors.

Personally I think the Wolves will just be a few exiled members who figure out how to drive a massive horde onto Alexandria.

So who thinks the Wolves are the tv's verison of the Saviors? My thought is it is a little too early for Negan and the Saviors.

Personally I think the Wolves will just be a few exiled members who figure out how to drive a massive horde onto Alexandria.

I don't think it's the Saviors. While the saviors were a bunch of jerks. They did "work" for their arrangements with the other communities. They killed Walkers, they provided a service. They were very adept at it. They didn't leave a bunch of them to wander around. With Markings. I sort of want to think they'll throw in a group of survivors who weren't in the comics just to draw out the time they have to introduce Negan towards the tail end of next season. Other sites were hinting at the W standing for the whisperers. I wouldn't want them introduced this early in the game either.

That's possible. But I think they need to introduce Negan this season, to build suspense into the next season. So maybe in the finale we find out the Wolves were being helped out by the Saviors. 

. Other sites were hinting at the W standing for the whisperers. I wouldn't want them introduced this early in the game either.

Yeah, that's very unlikely. The storyline hasn't even finished in the comic. 

I don't see the W standing for Whisperers. The story line is so many years down the road, because the comics even jumpped a few years ahead.

I am going with the theory that the W is for Wolves and they are a group herding zombies to attack Alexandria, because they know the wall is vulnerable.

• 7 months later...

Archived