Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

residents in over 30 more states have filed requests with the White House to peaceably break from the union

skinsfan07

Why is this story being so widely reported? Same thing happened in 2000 and 2004 and I don't remember the mainstream media reporting of the "Jesusland" sour grapes idea from the left.

Is this a joke post?

The media of 2012 is completely different than the media of 2000. There is 50 times more media now, and every stupid or funny story gets coverage somewhere. In fact, I think you missed the fact that the original news story in the OP was a "serious" piece from from WorldNetDaily, not CBS News. WorldNetDaily is ultra-conservative, and it didn't even exist in 2000.

Of course, now people clowning on the story, but they would be clowning on the story just the same if Obama had lost the 2012 election and a bunch of butt-hurt liberals started posting butt hurt petitions and word got out on the internet.

In short, your Liberal Media Bias Alert Meter is pegged about 50 notches too high.

I look forward to living in the City State of Houston.

I have to assume that Houston and its Lesbian mayor are not going to be welcome in the Free Republic of Texas. That's fine. We can send our Lesbian Palace Guard to Texas City, secure the oil, and force the rubes out in Abiline to pay through the nose. We'll be rich as Swedes, I tells ya!

We'll be a modern day Kingdom of Venice.

Roughly the membership size of NAMBLA wants to secede? Not sure thoughts are warranted
The official response should read:
Dear [iNSERT STATE],

We acknowledge receipt of your petition to peacefully split from these United States. We have thoroughly reviewed your petition and have decided to grant your request, pending benchmarks being met.

Following are a list of benchmarks to be met prior to granting independence:

1) Pay back every cent in federal aid the state has received. If you agree, you will be granted immediate independence. Your debt must be paid within 90 days of your release. Failure to pay back every penny will result in a land invasion after which your conquered lands will be divided evenly amongst your neighbors.

2) For the landlocked states, negotiated tariffs to permit use of airspace/roads/waterways across our sacred land will need to be agreed to immediately. Failure to pay every penny monthly will result in a land invasion after which your conquered lands will be divided evenly amongst your neighbors.

3) A secure border will be required. At no cost to you, a 20 foot tall x 10 foot thick concrete wall will be built surrounding your independent state to prevent your "undesirables" from entering our land. Any attempt to breach this wall result in a land invasion after which your conquered lands will be divided evenly amongst your neighbors.

4) Just so you know, the preceding items are non-negotiable. And also an attempt at humor. Your petition has been denied. STFU and start working to better your residents lives.

Sincerely,

YOUR President

Dear friends,

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 25,000 signatures by December 16, 2012, the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets

enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.

You can view and sign the petition here:

http://wh.gov/XIxp

Here's some more information about this petition:

Peacefully grant Northern Virginia to withdraw from the Commonwealth of Virginia and become our own state

A significant gap exists between the people of Northern Virginia and the people in the rest of the state. We share very little in common. Besides culture, politics and the rest where we have very little in common, the people of Northern Virginia pay a bulk of the taxes that make up the state revenue, yet we barely get anything on our investment. Our roads are a disaster and have been for decades. But go down south and they have five-lane highways with hardly any traffic.

For more on why statehood for Northern Virginia, read this article:

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/will-northern-virginia-become-the-51st-state/

And then sign the petition.

A few questions about the hypothetical State of Northern Virginia:

-Where are we drawing the boarders?

-Are we including portions of West Virginia near Washington like Jefferson County?

-Who should we get to write the new state constitution and how much are we going to borrow from the present Virginia constitution?

-What's the flag going to look like?

Obviously, this is never going to happen, but they're still fun to think about.

Archived